Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 255 total)
  • UCI Downhill Mountain Bike World Championships on the BBC [contains spoilers p4]
  • uselesshippy
    Free Member

It’s on vital, that Sam hill is going off first. Done off the UCI ranking, and having not really raced…..
    Question is, how long will he stay in the hot seat?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Live timed training about to start word on course is Mik and Tracy are flying. Very very dusty conditions up there with dust ruts building up.
    In other news Adam Brayton has a paddling pool filled with ice go marra

Pics to follow

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So no sign of Rachel at the end and radio talk of ambulance.
    Sik Mik taking out timed training, but I’m sure Sam hill was just cruising the final pedal in 12th there

Money for me is on a green and gold winner.

mehr
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think Nicole and Tracy went after Rachel and there wasn’t a course hold, both were coasting to the finish line

tenfoot

That’s a shame fir Atherton but you’ve got to fancy Seagrave is in for a shout.

oldtalent
    Free Member

03:55-04:45, Women’s elite downhill, BBC Red Button and online

04:55-07:55, Men’s elite downhill, BBC Red Button and online

What do you mean by online? online via iplayer or online via redbull as usual?

darrenspink
    Free Member
    howsyourdad1
    Free Member

poor Rachel. Go Seagrave!

Yetiman
    Free Member

What a shame about Rachel. I’ll understand if she decides to retire now but I hope she doesn’t.

daviek

I hope she doesn’t, from outside of the sport it’ll look like she’s had a crap year and and called it quits. Plenty of rest and back next year!

P-Jay
    Free Member

CAnt see us getting a Claudio preview 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s still on the “live events” page for me.

CAnt see us getting a Claudio preview

Don’t be sad little P-Jay, see my link above to the 2016 World Cup round preview.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Hope Rachel is ok 🙁

Wonder what it will mean for Fox Hunt if it’s too serious?

nickhit3
    Free Member

can anyone confirm if they are seeing it on the RedBull iOs app right now in the UK? The only way to get close was emailing myself a ‘watch this’ link from the RB desktop link above- however all the events are greyed out and times are ‘TBC’ grrrr!!!

darrenspink
    Free Member

On redbull android app it is

Check out UCI MTB World Championship https://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1RA8HCC8N2111/uci-mtb-world-championship #redbulltv

Watch LIVE September 9 at 1:50 AM GMT

mudfish

Guys
    Like a lot of you I’ve been Googling thissbd TBH feeling idiotic. Nothing of Dirt about where to watch. Redbull were just selling tickets earlier! Nothing showing under BBC red button despite their announcement that it all started yesterday.
    So, thanks for the Redbull online link. I just wonder if it’ll work (regions and all that).
    I’m not seeing it in the Redbull app on iOS either.
    Nor on the TV Redbull app (Apple TV).
    P-Jay thx for info about recording the red button. I’ll have a go.
    Wondering how you select from amongst all the available red button media but I’ll try work it out.
    Yeah. It’d be nice to hear Warner and Claudio as they know the field and bikes etc – I also liked Pagey and Si Paton when they had a go. It needs to be a racer or at least someone with proper knowledge. Think back to the Eurosport days, OMG.
    How about Peaty or even Rachel if she’s unfortunately injured again. Or Manon – new career for her.
    Oh well maybe we’ll have to see how the BBC do. Early start!
    If Sam IS off first it’s a really early start.
    No practice videos?
    Some great photography on Pinkbike. Ah well. It’s a minority sport.

mudfish

Well
    Thanks for posting the pinkbike info page – so, if that’s correct it IS available on Redbull live Sunday morning.
    Hope that’s right.
    Maybe even with Warner’;~}
    https://m.pinkbike.com/news/how-to-watch-the-cairns-2017-mtb-world-championships.html

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    Hicksy
    Free Member

Thanks for all the updates Mike. Have a great time you lucky chap!

I’m going to get some nice snacks in, get up early and (hopefully) watch on the red button.

Would love to see Sam Hill do well.

kayla1
    Free Member

I think it’s repeated on Eurosport on Sunday morning as well.

chakaping
    Free Member

Rachel confirmed to be out with collarbone fracture…
    https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/gbcyclingteam/article/20170908-gb-cyclingteam-news-Rachel-Atherton-ruled-out-of-UCI-Downhill-Mountain-Bike-World-Championships-with-fractured-clavicle-0

Women’s will be a good tussle between Tahnee, Tracey and Myriam then.

I’d have my money on Tracey.

AlexSimon

Could be a Hannah double!

honourablegeorge

Gutted for Rachel. I wonder if that could be it for her? She’d talked about not being able to push hard with the previous injuries…. and she’s achieved absolutely everything in the sport…could see her makign the sort of decision that Manon Carpenter made a while back.

Rachel Atherton Withdraws From World Champs

chakaping
    Free Member

Could be a Hannah double!

Would be a glorious thing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Both are flying at the moment but this is their back yard and there are not that many track options (it’s very close to the 96 alignment) the rest will get faster but old mono brow hill will have something to do with it. Hope he has enough sunscreen for the hot seat.
    More practice tomorrow and xco a misplaced camera charger may hold back pics though. Got some xc ones to upload later.
    Biggest worry is throughput and capacity at the bar come Sunday

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

There are a few people I think who could probably deserve it this year. Gwin to get the monkey off his back, Minnaar because he’s the downhill OG these days & had a rough end to the season, Brosnan because he’s just a genuinely nice guy & always seems to be enjoying it.

But, maybe it’s still the inner DH’er in me, I’d still love to see Hill stick it into everyone, one last time, even more so, not on a DH bike. So much trash talk about ‘washed up’ DH racers selling out to go and race Enduro. It would be a nice two fingered salute back the other way & probably a fairly fitting tribute to the end of his DH career.

So, I’m cheering for him – hopefully the EWS overall isn’t playing on his mind & he can commit to giving it his best shot 🙂

dirkpitt74

Not showing on Redbull TV app listings.

Heal up soon Rachel!

Tahnee for the win!

snotrag

Bit gutted for Rach Atherton, however I’m pretty excited for this race.

As above, Would be well pleased if Hill gets it, but a Sick Mick/Tracy double win would be bloody awesome and the locals will go off their nut I bet.

honourablegeorge

Hob Nob – Member
    There are a few people I think who could probably deserve it this year. Gwin to get the monkey off his back, Minnaar because he’s the downhill OG these days & had a rough end to the season, Brosnan because he’s just a genuinely nice guy & always seems to be enjoying it.

But, maybe it’s still the inner DH’er in me, I’d still love to see Hill stick it into everyone, one last time, even more so, not on a DH bike. So much trash talk about ‘washed up’ DH racers selling out to go and race Enduro. It would be a nice two fingered salute back the other way & probably a fairly fitting tribute to the end of his DH career.

So, I’m cheering for him – hopefully the EWS overall isn’t playing on his mind & he can commit to giving it his best shot

Plus he’s the first one down the hill – would be ace to see him hammer down on hsi enduro bike and then sit in the hotseat for two hours.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and the locals will go off their nut I bet.

Reckon that is on the cards… they are also both riding the new polygon that Tracy was demoing in Whistler and the last round with the new suspension set up, I’ll be cheering for Sam but he is going to be out so early.
    I’m strapping in for an after party of some sorts 🙂

[video]http://vimeo.com/232972028[/video]

mudfish

dirkpitt74,

thanks

hmm, not on Red Bull app on my iPhone, neither in the bike section not “live events”. buggers.
    it’s the same with the replays, sometimes doesn’t show up for days

neil

oikeith

CAnt see us getting a Claudio preview

I’ve seen some POV stuff with no commentary and its not the same. Shame the UCI dont pull over some of the more successful parts of RB’s coverage.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I was going to support Danny, but I quite like Sam – and would love to see him end his DH career on a high note – riding a 27.5 enduro bike with flat pedals.

It would make my day.

scruff
    Free Member

Hill won’t win. Gwinns frankly ridiculous speed has made all top DHers get quicker to keep up with him, plus he and a few others can pedal like hell on those flat bits.
    Gwin first, a Frenchie second, an Aussie third.

wallop

From Claudio:

To all of you who are wondering why you haven’t seen my POV Run from the World Championships yet – the answer is simple: I am not in Cairns.
    The broadcast rights situation for the World Championships is different to the one for the World Cup and @redbulltv was able to finalize a sub-license arrangement for the live broadcast rights just last minute.
    So we are excited to be able to bring you the live show on Red Bull TV . Tune in as usual to Red Bull TV, it’s going to be an awesome race and @robwarner970 and i will still be your commentators.
    While I’m very dissappointed not to be able to be in Cairns, this gave me the chance to set up some exciting stuff in China, Japan and India with @velosolutions_global . So, stay tuned !! and #keeponrockinginthefreeworld @theblackcatbones #pumpforpeace

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Wonder if going out 1st could be an advantage for Hill? Less wear on the track will be better for him on the smaller bike. I could see a top 10 result, podium would be incredible. Would also love to see Sick Mick take the win. Home town boy and all the rest. Also seems like a sound bloke.

wallop

mikewsmith
    Free Member

scruff – Member
    Hill won’t win. Gwinns frankly ridiculous speed has made all top DHers get quicker to keep up with him, plus he and a few others can pedal like hell on those flat bits.

Hill is looking quick, see who got under 1;20 for split one. The track suits him in some ways and suits his ews racing.
    Hill, Bronson, Hannah and moir are up there to beat for me. It’s a very strong line up.

nickc

The track suits him in some ways

I think you’re right, it looks more like an EWS stage than a DH course. hope he’s packed some sun cream for the hot-seat…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 255 total)

The topic ‘UCI Downhill Mountain Bike World Championships on the BBC [contains spoilers p4]’ is closed to new replies.