Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Tyre weights?
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I’ve put a rip in one of my dual ply high rollers and need to replace it. I’m thinking of trying something different and a bit lighter but I’m struggling to find info on weights. I’ve enjoyed the high rollers but they’re just a bit too heavy so something similar but lighter would be nice if any one can recommend something. Would the single ply high rollers be ok on sharp rocks? Thanks.

tazzymtb

ust rubber queens in a 2.4

crazymoon
    Free Member

Maxxis Ardents, light and roll really well. you can get them with the protection side walls aswell.

jd77
    Free Member

nextdaytyres.com give weights for all the tyres they sell

mushrooms
    Free Member

Specialized Clutch SX although it won’t have as good pinch flat resistance as the HR’s.

Keef
    Free Member

LOL @ Taz…….

u r a ‘rubber queen’….. 😀

tazzymtb

*blows big kisses at keef*

you missed me all lycra’d up in racerboy* mode last weekend. I’ll put my “special” shorts on just for you next time we meet in a dark chase car park 😆

*racerboy mode= not taking it seriously, offering sweets to people who did well on climbs and generally mucking about with a bit of pretending to pedal fastish in between

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Thanks. Those Ardents look good and quite light too in 2.25.

rustler
    Free Member

Don’t dismiss Smallblock8’s. More capable than folk imagine, & they don’t half roll fast. The 2.3 version is big.

Keef
    Free Member

Lederhosen ?

tazzymtb

crazymoon
    Free Member

quite tempted to run a smallblock this summer. didn’t realise they did a 2.3.

i love my ardent, run it with a minion SS on the front.

Northwind

Clutch SX… I’ve not got many miles on mine but so far it’s a lighter, better, harder wearing Highroller as far as I can tell. Still heavy though.

Small Blocks are ace but you’ve got to be brave to put one on the front! Also the sidewalls are a little vulnerable because of the lack of side knobs, it’s a reasonably tough tyre but they take more hits than most.

Keef
    Free Member

shhhhhhhhwing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

No

matt_outandabout

Ardent’s do seem a nice balance of performance/weight/longevity/suppleness etc…. Liking mine and about to replace the year with another as it has worn.

ac282
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Tyre weights?’ is closed to new replies.