Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • twitter
  • jonesy13
    Free Member

any of you lot on twitter, what do you think? Waste of time or good craic?

emma82
    Free Member

I am, not particularly interesting unless you like stalking people. Although saying that I follow a couple of bike mags and bike radar etc which is useful because they put stuff up about articles, bike kit and events for example which I probably wouldn’t find out about otherwise. Not sure I fully understand what its about even though I’ve been on it a year, its a bit weird.

spacemonkey

I gave it a go shortly after it started but didn’t know what I wanted to use it for – plus mates were using it to say the usual inane sh1t like “Having a fag waiting for the 10.05 to London Bridge” and “Need a cup of tea”. I mean, WTF?

Picked it up again a year ago and suddenly it clicked. Use it all the time to keep in touch with what’s happening in my industry, i.e. share comments, articles and (RSS) news feeds, plus generally “meet” like-minded people online to see where we have some synergy.

spacemonkey

BTW, using a desktop app like Tweetdeck makes it a whole lot simpler because you can organise what you’re interested in into columns.

jonesy13
    Free Member

I tend to like the combination of banal comments “having a coffee in starbucks, to interesting informatiion relevant to me. There seems to be an obsession with getting the maximum amount of followers though.

IA

Useful, good tool to network in an area of interest, get news and also get more “interactive” with folk in an area.

Since getting involved with twitter I’ve done quite well out of it, all expenses paid trip to SXSW etc. and a few other jollys. Ok these things weren’t directly from twitter, but it got me the contacts etc.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I don’t tweet but do follow a good few names from biking mainly. its all fairly pointless and i reckon i’ll get bored soon enough.

chvck
    Free Member

I follow a few good mates who I don’t get to see often and it’s nice to see what they’re up to and stuff like that. I follow a couple of ‘big names’ and dirt magazine but thats about it in that sense.

Cougar

@ukcougar

I likes it.

DezB
    Free Member

How many times has this been asked now?

If you don’t find a use for it, don’t use it. I do, so I use it.
    BTW, the only non-useful thing I follow is VizTopTips. Gives me the occasional chuckle.

Eg. BLOGGERS. Avoid boring your readers by writing your thoughts in a diary and keeping it in a drawer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘twitter’ is closed to new replies.