Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • tubeless yellow rim tape
  • sadexpunk

hmmm what am i missing here? presta valves drop into the tyre and you have to pinch the inner tube whilst adding sealant? but thered be no inner tube! and cores flying across the room?? gulp.

im really liking the tubeless set up on my 29er like i said. so now im pretty sure id like to sort my older wheels out too. but ghetto seems to be the easiest, and probably best chance of getting a decent seal do you reckon? non tubeless tyres and fairly old mavic rims :-/ and also thinking the valve hole will be too big for a presta valve on its own. am i right?

im currently looking to spend a bit more at wiggle to use a voucher, but cant find any bmx size inner tubes on there.

and if its such a faff with the removable cores, am i right in thinking i can probably just buy a couple of bog standard bmx tubes and still use the 'unseat one side and pour in sealant' method?

cheers

Bimbler
    Free Member

Does anyone know if Bontrager valve cores work with the "tape method" or do they solely work with Bontragers own rim strips?

stevek
    Free Member

Hi D, you don't have to use Presta valves with removable cores as you can unscrew Schrader valve cores to add your sealant, you just need to get the tool (for a coupla quid I'd guess).

sadexpunk

yo steve

so schraeder valves on bmx inner tubes, a little valve tool and then im sorted?

sadexpunk

are 24" inner tubes any good for ghetto tubeless? i ask cos i need to spend a couple of quid more to use a wiggle voucher. and they dont sell 20" bmx inners, only 24".

any good to me? or do i really need a tighter 20" inner?

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘tubeless yellow rim tape’ is closed to new replies.