Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tubeless tips….
  • Kryton57

Never had any issues until now – my new Ron/Ralph combo is so loose at the bead (on American Classics) the air just blows straight out.

They are currently sitting with tubes in overnight to stretch / shape them – if they don’t go up tubeless tomorrow what else to try?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The trick that’s always worked for me when a tyre doesn’t want to go up is to pop the bead on with a tube and remove the tube, leaving one side of the bead in place. Then, pop the valve in and the other side should pop into place fairly easily. Give it a go.

jairaj

^^^ +1, just tried that a few hours ago when a new continental x king refused to go up. went up in seconds after seating one bead using a tube.

ska-49
    Free Member

^^+2. Worked for me too earlier today. Putting an Ardent onto a WTB 23i rim. Went out for a 2 hour ride and all worked well. So satisfying.

inkster
    Free Member

I’m always a bit wary of tyres with loose beads when running tubeless, I’d build up the rim diameter with a strip of electrical tape to give a tighter fit. burping or rolling off the rim is not a good thing, especially on a front tyre.

Kryton57

Well, the Ron is on after sitting overnight in a combo or tube and Stans. The Ralph with tube but no stans failed, therefore that’s had stans added and pumped back up with tube so lets see if it seats.

Haze

I used CO2 the first time, not recommended apparently but I never had a problem. Pulled a thorns out over the last 12 months and never had a flat.

They go up fine these days with a track pump…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless tips….’ is closed to new replies.