Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,169 total)
  • Trouties New Light is on the way ( Update to all interested folks who emailed me
  • trout
    Free Member

Hey up Bazzer you will need to get the wife one too .

Scott
    I get it from Happys link ( thanks Happysv )

arctic silver is slightly conductive and not suitable for glueing the driver to its heatsink so I use the other for leds and driver

bazzer
    Free Member

hi trout

Is the 5g of gunge from that ebay shop enough to build one light ?

Bazzer

trout
    Free Member

Bazzer the tubes of gunge is enough to do 10 maybe more lights

if any of you kit builders live close you could share a pack

bazzer
    Free Member

My mate bought one of their lights yesterday so looked on this website and thought these buttons look good with inbuilt LED

http://www.four4th.co.uk/four4th_control_button.shtml

The light is really nice, tiny CNC'd case ideal for a helmet light.

Bazzer

stumpy01

I like the 'hood' idea on that four4th light. I often blind myself on out of the saddle efforts on climbs when I look past the lights!

takisawa2

Hi.
    Have emailed you some info re: connectors.
    PT

bazzer
    Free Member

Its a nice light, I was amazed at how small it is I was expecting it to be MR11 size from the picture buts its tiny. Looks really nicely machined and built.

But not as bright as my Troutlight is going to be 🙂

Bazzer

montylikesbeer

I contacted the 4th people 4 weeks ago and was promsed a reply, alas it never came.

However the battery technology is questionable, the guy I spoke to told be the pouch used for the "helmet" design must go inside your back pack as the battery will not take knocks and bangs if placed on a stem.

It looks a good light but my involvement with them has not been good.

It is a start up company I guess but in my view that is when you have to be at your best.

I will not be buying from them.

turboferret

The Troutlight is soon to take the UAE by storm, so anticipate lots more orders for the 2nd run as soon as everyone sees them out here 😀

When looking into batteries late last year when looking to upgrade some lights, I investigated li-po cells. Seemed great, good value, light-weight, powerful, but then I read a bit into the dangers 😕

A quick bit of googling, and this thread on an RC modelling forum showed just how dangerous they could be, Youtube has some nice li-po batteries catching fire too 😯

Personally, the last thing I want when crashing my bike, is for large amounts of poisonous gas to fire out of my battery pack, prior to it catching fire 😳

The Ay-up lights use li-po batteries, but inside nice little hard plastic cases, but the soft packs I wouldn't touch with a barge-pole.

Hence why I decided to make some 18650 holders instead.

Interesting that the Fourth4 site says how great the Li-po cells are, but doesn't mention anything about the potential risks 👿

Seem to have gone a bit off topic and ranty, sorry!

Cheers, Rich

vd

Was out over QE last night with Del from Fourth4 and a couple of mates, all using his lights for headmounts and have been doing for a while now, apparently without issues. Bottle cased.

Tidy lamp and good beam and works well on bars but I don't like the idea of head mount with cables going into backpack, whatever the make of light, which is what I like about the joystick, even if it is comparatively underpowered.

Waiting for my Troutie for bar mounting

bazzer
    Free Member

vd

It was Gary who rides with Phil and that lot, who had the light last night. In fact I think he picked it up from Del at QE last night.

I have ridden with them a couple of times, too.

I must say its a cracking bit of engineering, I really want to take it apart but I don't thing Gary will let me 🙂

Bazzer

Luminous
    Free Member

I believe I may have been responsible for introducing that switch to the light making community. Or at least one very similar.

I suggested it to Trout a few years ago. I prefer the ones with the LED in the actuator, but I believe Trout uses these switches without the LED.

I've been using them for a few years now. They're a good switch, imo, but more expensive with the LED, obviously. They have a good cycle rating.

Agree about the Li-Poly batts also. I did look into them, but those in the know indicate that Li-Poly aren't that suitable. However, that doesn't seem to have stopped the Nuke-Proof light and I believe the LUU light using Li-Poly batteries. Suppose they've done testing to ensure no fires break out, etc.

Luminous.

bazzer
    Free Member

Hi Luminous

Who supplies those switches ?

Cheers

Bazzer

Luminous
    Free Member

Bazzer.

I believe they are available through RS now.

Ta

L.

stoney
    Free Member

Luminous…

Can you give any more details on the switches. I`ve mailed you as well.

Cheers.

Luminous
    Free Member

Stoney.

Ok, will look.

Cheers

🙂

L.

stoney
    Free Member

Cheers mate, i ve received the info and im looking into it. 8)

trout
    Free Member

Baby Trout now gets a helmet mount .
    Thanks Paul

montylikesbeer

ohhhhhh so close

stoney
    Free Member

Now you can burn peoples retinas when you turn to talk to them 8)

dunkotm
    Free Member

better throw me in the mix there brother

dunkotm

dunkotm@gmail.com

I think you ay be a busy boy over the next few months:)

CountZero

Wow. That is such a neat set-up on the lid. Lovely. Once the 6led bar light is paid for that's going to be the next thing to save for. Christmas money will have a home to go to. 😀

cullen-bay
    Free Member

trout, your going to be far more successful and well known in the biking world than danny macaskill….

stoney
    Free Member

Who ❗

trout
    Free Member

😀 I just cant wait to get some of these out there It has gone crazy
    You lot are all mad 😳

Wish I could ride @ 10% of Dannys ability

RealMan
    Free Member

I appear to have arrived late – You still have some left?

Just have a few questions (sorry if you answered them already, did try to look through this whole thread, but got bored..)

Its 2000 lumens on max – what are the other settings? And what is the battery life for each setting?

How much does the whole thing weigh?

How much does it cost?

I couldn't see a battery pack or cable – is the battery stored inside it?

Does it come with a charger?

And is it fully weatherproof?

And do you have mounts for OS bars?

Looks awesome. Can you get different colours?

happysv
    Free Member

You need to read the posts backwards if you cant be arsed and all the answers are there in the last few pages.

smudge
    Free Member

307 posts with 99 voices. Boring?

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Come on troutie, keep the thread going, anything to keep us all interested, Pictures are good or just keep telling us how good its going to be when when we get it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott

trout
    Free Member

Been keeping a low profile lately, trying to calm the panic attacks .
    good news is 16 are self build kits so when the leds arrive I dont know wether to build one to see what it is like or just pack the kits and mail them out . then start building .

then to cap it all after the worst six months in my memory work wise ( self employed floor layer ) it has now gone crazy and fully booked till mid november.

Realman & Dunkotm if you are interested mail me we added on 10 more to the run . as in the count up I didnot have one

The kind bods at STW have let me put the add on hold for a couple of weeks as I didnot want the added publicity just yet

Scottlacey
    Free Member

OK, Troutie

I underdstand what you saying, Mums the word from now on 😉

Scott

trout
    Free Member

Not too quiet though Scott 🙂

On another tack here anyone interested in trialing the prototype around D2D looking for a good fast rider to give it a try out

firestarter
    Free Member

im not doing d2d but if you ever need a slow rider to test the runtimes let me know lol 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

by the way any plans for a 1/4 trout something a little 2 led jobbie for helmet use only around the 600 lumens would be nice 😉

Scottlacey
    Free Member

What about something suitable for road riding???

trout
    Free Member

Hell yes I have a head full of plans just need the dragons to give me a shed full of cash .

Got this mail yesterday

Hello Seller,

How you doing over there???Hope everything is fine alright..I am ok with your price and i will be making the payment by {Money Order}which i think it very safe and secure for both of us cos,i don,t want any confusion or any fraudulent activity to dwell in this transaction that is why i have been taking precautions since the last two month co"s i got burnt and don,t want to fall for the same thing again so please hope you understand my point,I should have come to see the item but am presently out of town but you can attach the pic,s of the item for me to see cos its very weird to but what you haven,t seen with your eyes okay…I will make arrangement for the pick-up after payment have been received by you.I don't mind offering you an extra $50 so you can keep it in my favor… If you're ok with me Reply with your Full Name,Address,State,Zip Code City where payment should be sent to including your cell phone #. Please take the posting off "mtbr" today and consider it sold to me.get back to you asap.. Expecting to hear from you soon.

Regards

Thank You.

Jennifer.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=39764

u02sgb
    Free Member

That definitely looks dodgy! Just mailed you about a possible 4LED light. Fingers crossed.

Stu.

CountZero

She doesn't reside in a country beginning with N and ending with A does she? That does sound really iffy.
    Can you sub out the floor laying and concentrate on the light building? 😉

trout
    Free Member

Yep how stupid do these folks think we are .
    Cheers stu ygm.

Here is a little touch that I may make as an option on the light
    as a safety feature you have been out riding and stacked badly you went one way the bike the other all your lights have gone out in the dark forest .
    but your Trouty is still glowing nicely so you can find your bike

painted inside the optic bit with glow paint . charges up the paint when your light is on and glows green when it is off

montylikesbeer

oooohhhhhhhh nice touch, can I have a drop of that

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,169 total)

The topic ‘Trouties New Light is on the way ( Update to all interested folks who emailed me’ is closed to new replies.