Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Transition Bandit – Opinions
  • mrhoppy

I’m thinking its time to replace my Blur 4x and the Transition Bandit looks just the job, the reviews appear to be really good and it looks to be a sensible price. Any reasons why I shouldn’t go for one (other than the cost of a divorce)?

BadlyWiredDog

Sustainability?

jedi

i got a bottlerocket and bandit. love em

somafunk

A mate rides for them (Clive Forth) and i’ve had a brief shot on one he sold to another mate – it felt like a total hooligan of a bike to ride as it just encouraged me to hit stuff harder, faster all the time, i’m in no way imaginable an air jockey or suchlike, i panic if i ride off a kerb but the Bandit just felt so confidence inspiring with the low bottom bracket and the slack head angle that i almost fooled myself into considering i was a good rider, i’ve had a shot on few nice full suss bikes working in a bike shop, Ibis SL’s and HD’s, Lapierre Zesty/Spicy etc but the Bandit did it for me, it just wanted me to nail every corner, every berm, every drop – i’d have one for definite.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Sounds like someone half way to becoming gay to me.

rewski
    Free Member

My bro rides one, very very nice bike, a real looker too. The 29er version might be worth a look too. Drop surf sales an email, they might have a discounted demo or end of line.

Sancho
    Free Member

We’ve been selling off medium frames for £950

fathomer

I’m interested in this to, they look ideal on paper, similar to the TRc I just can’t afford!

Anyone know what the weights like?

igrf
    Free Member

We’ve been out of stock of Bandit frames since the end of the summer, got a couple of medium 29er versions left in Pewter, that’s it.

2013 stuff is due in Dec 12-14ish and a lot of it is pre sold with deposits, popular bike, no idea why anyone would prefer it over a Covert but they do, some of the mags have waxed mental over it, personally I just don’t get it, but shouldn’t argue.

Watch out for the Bandit Deville, we’ll be launching that pretty early in the new year just as soon as we get our suspension servicing bit up to speed.

philfive
    Free Member

Quick question on the bottle rocket, is it a maxle rear end?

fathomer

igrf – Any idea where I can get a Bandit demo in the midlands, size large? I have emailed your office but not had much luck!

Kryton57

My test of the Bandit was awesome, pretty much what somafunk said, and I really wanted it – but the front was to high for fs xc racing (I bought an ASR5 at 120mm in the end).

I still want one, but can’t justfiy two FS’s, but am really really interested in the green TransAM 29. So much so I may be off to Stanley Bridge after XMAS to have a chat.

Might even take it to Jedi’s in a few months if I get one 😉

jedi

philfive, yep!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Mate has one – had a quick go and loved it. Covert is a bit more bike than I’d like to haul around so the bandit and similar would be the bike for me. The new nukeproof mega trail looks very similar too

igrf
    Free Member

fathomer – Member
    igrf – Any idea where I can get a Bandit demo in the midlands, size large? I have emailed your office but not had much luck!

Best email me, address in my profile, I’ll have a word with Sean who is IC all things to do with Transition sales, I just ride them and make his life difficult upsetting STW forumites, 😉

There is a dealer finder on here, but as you can see it aint exactly up to date, we’ve been having a bit of a traumatic year to be honest, under ordered those Bandits, totally underestimated demand for the brand. I very much doubt there will be many shops left with demo’s still to hand, a lot got snapped up after that MBR test, tail end of the summer.

But email me anyway and I’ll try my best to find you something or get a bike to someone near you if we still have any available, I wont know without a bit of a ring round.

Er where in the midlands?

Kryton57

Jedi/igrf – do you know if Transition will be at the Bike Show in January?

hugh_b
    Free Member

When you say Bandit Deville, is that just a model name or does it hint at a certain brand of suspension?

igrf
    Free Member

Yes, we did a deal with the Bos Suspension people recently, that stuff is to good not to have a UK distributor and service centre, those forks just rock. I’ve never seen engineering quite like it, not up close and personal, watching them being put together and the test to destruction thing they have, I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to spiel, I had to sign this confidentiality thing just to get in the place.

But I’m confident that there aint much about to best them and figured the combination of a Bandit Frame and a Deville fork would be something worth riding, that is unless you happen to have a Covert Carbon lined up for the same treatment.

igrf
    Free Member

Oh and yes we’ll be at the Boat Show, I’m giving Jedi his second lesson on how to drink Guiness without falling off your bike. 😉

hugh_b
    Free Member

cool! I have a covert on order and already have some devilles!!

rewski
    Free Member

Covert Carbon, surely that a load of cock and balls.

EDIT: just in case you thought I was being rude: Completely Optimized Carbon Kinetics.

Kryton57

igrf – Member
    Oh and yes we’ll be at the Boat Show, I’m giving Jedi his second lesson on how to drink Guiness without falling off your bike.

*packs credit card* That give’s me a month or so to work on the Mrs……

Must calm down and test it first…

jedi

igrf, you mean you’ll have 3 😀

igrf
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    igrf, you mean you’ll have 3

But this year, as it’s your second go, I thought we’d move onto pints… What dya think? Feel up to it?
    As long as you don’t bring your embarassing mate nolan who’ll probably dislocate his other arm trying to lift a pint, everything will be just fine. 😉

jedi

oh you will regret that! 😀

nols
    Free Member

Igrf, did you book the time out of the home?

wors

Sancho, where are these £950 frames??

igrf
    Free Member

nols – Member
    Igrf, did you book the time out of the home?

Came out especially when I heard you might be going to the show, wanted to see someone who really sucks on Transitions Cock & Balls.. 😆

fathomer

igrf – you’ve got mail (I hope)

nols
    Free Member

Will your male nurse Sean be there to change your bag?

jedi

thats fighting talk! 😀

pigyn
    Free Member

Wors – we also have a few medium 2012 frames for sale (new) as well as a medium ex demo Bandit 29, and soon an ex demo 26″ as well, as soon as the replacement arrives.

The new frames and ex demo 29 are up on our mini web shop, they are listed at 1050, but feel free to give us a call and we will see what we can do.

They are really nice bikes, just waiting on one of the new 120mm 29ers arriving for myself, after riding the demo 130/140 quite a bit.

We are Pedals Bike Care in Edinburgh, a quick google should pull up our site.

Sancho
    Free Member
    tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Sancho please can you email me via profile. Thanks

nutty202
    Free Member

Too hardcore for me, I still have an old Stumpjumper but Transition make amazing bikes so I had a search and found this http://bit.ly/WGdhJy could be wife friendly?

wors

Hmmm, how do they sixe up, i’m 5’11. Transition recommend a large for my height?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

igrf – Member

I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to spiel…Not wanting to twist your arm, but are we finally going to see a new UK importer for BOS?

18bikes

fathomer – Member

We’ve got a Medium, if that’s at least worth a try? I’d be a Large, but have happily ridden our Med for a thrash about. We’ve also got the Genesis Grapil – a similar idea…

Si

fudge9202
    Free Member

wors same height as you mate go for a large, perfect!!

igrf
    Free Member

Rusty Shackleford – Member
    igrf – Member
    I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to spiel…

Not wanting to twist your arm, but are we finally going to see a new UK importer for BOS?

Yes, I can confirm that, but until we’re fully trained and have our workshop up to speed, we’ve been leaving it as a badly kept secret. But our intention is to have stock at the end of a B2B, a complete service unit with hopefully a bit of support at events where it may be required, we’ll be offering Bos upgrades to Transition and trying to encourage some other higher end brands to follow suit.
    Our training slot is Dec 17th so we’ll hopefully be going live before Xmas and on my desk right now is an open order once I’ve finalised pricing, so there, the power of the internet, you now know more than half the trade. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Transition Bandit – Opinions’ is closed to new replies.