• This topic has 39 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Transition 2015
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

Anyone else seen the new range? Lost all their character if you ask me…

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Evidence please.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Have seen pics, now look like any other ‘mainstream’ bike imo.. No Covert either

funkybaj
    Free Member

I think this is one of the new models: 650b, 155m rear travel, 160mm fork, 65 degree head angle.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Yep, can’t remember the name but that’d be the 27.5 Covert killer.
    Not saying they’re ugly bikes and will probably perform better with Horst links but that doesn’t shout out Transition to me…. Just looks like another Trek/Giant/Scott etc.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Any links to articles or news on these, all I have seen so far is one pic of a proto that Lars is running (looks similar to one above)

andytherocketeer

155m rear travel

that’s quite a lot

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve not seen the new range. It’ll be a real shame if they’ve dropped the Covert and gone more maintsream, but its inevitable I guess. The same happened to Specialized, Cannondale and Santa Cruz and you can’t really say that the products have suffered as a result, they’ve just become a bit more normal, boring and common. I was hoping for a carbon Covert 29 in the 2015 line up. My Covert 29 is so good i’ve not had the hankering for another bike since I’ve had it, but a Carbon Covert 29 would have been a very tempting proposition.

On the other hand I feel lucky i’ve found a bike i’m happy with and you don’t HAVE TO have the very latest bike (repeat 100 times before bedtime)!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Photos anyone ?

Perhaps the Bandit has squeezed out the Covert particularly with the drift to larger wheel sizes? Anyway love my 2012 Covert and won’t be changing it anytime soon

deviant
    Free Member

Market led i suppose, as buyers want bigger wheels in long travel frames there are probably only a limited number of ways this can be done….so they all end up looking the same.
    If a designer could come up with a genuinely uniquely way of operating the rear suspension of a MTB and still accommodate 150mm of travel with a 650b or 29er wheel then it’d be interesting….as consumers we’ve probably shot ourselves in the foot by moving away from 26 inch wheels as this was far easier for designers to work with.

oh well, pretty soon your 27.5 inch enduro bike will have a silhouette that is shared by everything else in the category….ditto a 29er XC bike that looks identical to its rivals…and 26 wheels with their many weird and wonderful rear suspension designs will be consigned to history.
    Its why i’m still riding a hardtail, i’ll leave it a while and see how the dust settles on all this bo**ocks before i buy FS again.

pigyn
    Free Member

The Covert replacement is the Patrol – perhaps it looks more like a Transition once they have written Transition on it? 😉

2015 Transition Patrol

There will be four bikes sharing the new linkage and frame design, a 155mm 27.5 Patrol, the one above, a Bandit replacement called the Scout with 125mm rear wheel travel, a Bandit 29 replacement called the Smuggler that has 115mm travel, and finally…. a 26″ wheeled version of the Patrol called the Suppressor.

Shorter travel frames with have a Monarch and be £1400, longer travel frames will have a Monarch Plus and be £1500. Simple 🙂

We really like them and can’t wait.

funkybaj
    Free Member

Thanks for the info pigyn 🙂

AlexSimon

Wow – of all the designs to go for, I wouldn’t have expected the Horst Link.
    Kind of makes Specialized look good with all these companies going for it now the patent has run out.

pigyn
    Free Member

Oh go on then, have a snoop at the Scout as well…

2015 Transition Scout

jambalaya
    Free Member

Bandit replacement called the Scout

I can’t see me saying I’m riding a Scout ? 😥 All little boys and woggles.

Bandit and Covert where great names. An owner of a 26 Bandit is going to be a happy man when he sells me his frame sometime, it’s on my want list.

AlexSimon

Scout green looks nice.
    I’m still in shock though. No FSR I’ve ever ridden has had the poppyness that Transition are known for.

bungalistic
    Free Member

I’m selling my medium 26 bandit frame.

Wish I’d not bought anything new now as i’d like to try out these new transition frames.

funkybaj
    Free Member

I like that Limeade Scout, similar to my Lemon-Lime Bandit.

Looks like head angles have been slackened and reaches lengthened.

pigyn
    Free Member

Riding a Scout.. fnar fnar! Must be tired this week as I didn’t think of that one. It’s a keeper though.

It will be interesting to ride one, I know what you mean about the poppy jumpy feeling, I spent most of last year on a 120mm Bandit 29 and it was such a fun bike, far faster on it than I deserved to be! Now on a Banshee Phantom which is pretty much the same feeling but better pedalling with the KS link VP design.

I am quietly confident that they will be ace, Lars n Bars doesn’t ride bad bikes 😉

andytherocketeer

Someone’s going to be joining Rofl Harris in the slammer for saying “That Scout looks alright”

Bandit was still on my shortlist. It’s successor probably isn’t, until it’s renamed. Anyone know a good laser cut decal supplier?

pigyn
    Free Member

Andy – we have an ex demo (about 5 rides) Bandit 27.5 build 2 in Medium, with X-Fusion Sweeps instead of the Fox 32’s…

passtherizla
    Free Member

They’ve dicked it IMO… used to like Transition, I would always dream about owning a covert f 450. Not anymore. that new range is just horrible. keep ’em.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That looks like my Norco . Who license from Specialized

warpcow
    Free Member

Spec.’s claim on the Horst ran out recently, didn’t it?

Edit: incidentally – new Transitions on PB.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Mines a 2013 so maybe it was licensed back then, many moons ago

richen987
    Free Member

hmmm last 3 bikes have been Transitions, don’t think my next one will be, they look terrible in comparison to the current bikes.
    I am sure they will ride well, but as others have said they are not very good looking bikes now, they just look a bit wrong in that guise.

transition1
    Free Member

Transition used to be a bit different & unique now their designs are boring & the same as any other brand
    They are a lost brand….

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, have to agree – that Ripcord is nice though 😛

Cove seem to be going the same way too – what happened to the boxy heavy-ass frames of a few years ago? Love my Hooker and STD 😉

rhayter

I really like the look/thinking behind/spec/geometry of the Smuggler. If it rides well, who cares if it’s not totally visually distinctive…

RickDraper
    Free Member

The Patrol looks bloody well nice, 65 degree head angle on a 155mm bike will make for a bike that rips.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Slight hijack, sorry but if you’re a hater of the new transitions I have a mint 2013 bandit for sale in the classifieds
    link

kayak23

I like that, and it does look like a Giant. My old one!

AlexSimon

Patrol

Scout

Budgie Smuggler

The details look typically well sorted and I like the colours.
    Looking forward to seeing if they can be a playful as their previous models.

Lars posted on PinkBike:

Man! Awesome reading these comments! So much passion about our brand and previous bikes, as we would hope- obviously. It’s late and I don’t have the motivation to go off right now, but in short for those of you questioning our move in frame design….
    YOU ARE TRIPPING!!!! Sure, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, so fire away with your speculations.
    We designed all the bikes you’ve previously loved and adore… Dirtbag, Preston, Bottlerocket, Blindside, Covert, Bandit… Have some faith. We just might love riding bike as much as you guys, and perhaps in some cases more. It’s our job to give you the best ride possible. And that’s exactly what we’ve done. Just picture everyone of our prior models (which you love) more optimized for your enjoyment. We love shredding just as much as you, and we won’t steer you wrong. GIDDY UP. Smooches xoxoxxo | Lars N bars…

jairaj

The bikes look good if a little generic. I don’t mind too much about how the frames look. As long as they ride well and have the characteristic fun and poppy Transition ride quality. I’ve only ridden a few Horst link bikes and they have all been very stable and glued to the ground. Can you tweak a Horst link to feel poppy?

Either way I’m pretty happy with my Bandit 26 at the moment. Glad they didn’t come out with a carbon Bandit 26 otherwise I might have to sell a kidney to get one.

AlexSimon

I’ve only ridden a few Horst link bikes and they have all been very stable and glued to the ground. Can you tweak a Horst link to feel poppy?

I’m the same.
    I spoke to Bird cycleworks about this and they said that Specialized give us a very ‘neutral’ version of the Horst-link, whereas it’s pretty tuneable and can be made more playful.
    I’m hoping to ride the Bird as soon as possible (September hopefully).

whatnobeer
    Free Member

The Scout looks like a it could be a bit of a riot. Like a slightly slacker, longer legged version of the Solo.

brant
    Free Member

Nukeproof announced a “Scout” the other day too.

Nukeproof 2015: blastproof bling

gunners
    Free Member

Horst link was damn good on the 5 spot so this might be a winner BUT its no doubt cos Specialized patent has run out so FREE to use it rather than paying royalties on DW link etc.

I have a Covert Carbon – love it but it is a single pivot,slightly bouncy when stood charging and slight brake jack on descending tight- the CCDB Air helped to get rid of the foibles though and its an awesome machine- they willn of course always say the new bikes are better but its all subjectve

mind you- new models looks like a Giant to me so I buy the lack of positivity

Sancho
    Free Member

I have a scout and its as capable as my spicy team on the descents, yet is more sprightly uphill and more nimble in the local woods. i just leave the damping open and struggling to fault it

hora
    Free Member

Those Transitions look like old Norcos and Specialized.

Be abit creative. Wheres your flair for **** sake.

Heres the new Transition from 2012

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Transition 2015’ is closed to new replies.