Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • trans savoie? chances of getin an entry
  • lewie
    Free Member

Registering for trans savoie tonight does anyone have any experience of entering such events and will it sell out straight away

stim
    Free Member

Doesn’t appear to be much chatter about this on here. I entered, its like a Trans Provence on steroids, sounds awesome!

wallop

It’s the first one but it’ll sell out quick. The riding looks very promising.

Straightliner

There were in excess of 700 people following it on Facebook, so I’d guess that at least a good chunk of those will try to enter. Odds are therefore slim, but you have to give it a shot. Should hear by Sunday one way or another.

messiah
    Free Member

Not holding my breath but hoping to be lucky… if not I’ll just need to go somewhere else for some mental riding.

Good luck!

messiah
    Free Member

Well… that’ll be me disappointed.

Straightliner

I got an entry, so I’m feeling incredibly lucky. Sorry to hear you didn’t get an entry though, would be good to have a few STWers to meet up with. Anyone else found out either way?

lewie
    Free Member

Thats me with no entry also….damn! I guess a week in the alps is on the cards with my mates instead.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Am feeling pretty lucky too as I managed to bag an entry. Seems like it came down to a bit of a lottery in the end. Sorry to those that didn’t get a place..

stim
    Free Member

Entry for me too, super pleased. Over subscribed within 3 seconds!

gary

Reserve list here. Look into my eyes and listen very carefully … “you do not want the places you have been offered”

messiah
    Free Member

I’m now in… someone has dropped out and I’ve been pulled from the top of the reserve list… I’m rather excited.

Straightliner

So that’s at least four of us, and Gary on the reserve list. Looks like a fairly mixed list of nationalities based on the email I received at the weekend.

stim
    Free Member

I’m intrigued to see who pops up on the pro list. I’d also be interested in what everyone is planning to ride….

Mbnut
    Free Member

No joy here…. looks a fantastic event… I am sad not to have got in but I was bricking it in case I did get a spot… ha ha

Enjoy

messiah
    Free Member

From the vids and descriptions I’m thinking a well set up AM bike will be the best choice 😉

Unless something bad (or really good) happens between now and then I’ll be on my trusty Nicolai Helius AM*

*but air or coil shocks?

Straightliner

The Trans-Provence originally suggested a hardcore hardtail for simplicity, but this has now been changed to a 140-160mm travel AM bike which isn’t too heavy. Given the Trans-Savoie isn’t too dissimilar in concept, I would suggest that may be the best option.

I’m probably going for a 140mm 29er for some ground munching capability as well.

messiah
    Free Member

I’m planning to keep my bike “rubber side down” to prevent any “ground munching”… 😉

stim
    Free Member

If all goes to plan I’ll be on a specific custom build for this race based around a Scott Genius 700 (650B). Maybe I’ll do a separate thread when I get around to making final decisions on which bits.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Am getting really excited about this now. Am currently in Geneva airport on my way home from Chamonix. Cant wait to be back out here with my bike.

Am currently planning on using a Devinci Dixon with the traditional 26 inches but might have changed my mind by August! I think it is certainly going to be an adventure!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘trans savoie? chances of getin an entry’ is closed to new replies.