Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 328 total)
  • Touring weekend anyone?
  • ton

we will save a place mate, just in case

stooo
    Free Member

You can count me in!

YGM Ton.

ton

still go a few places left for this, so if you fancy a weekend of steady riding, with a few beers and maybe a curry thrown in, please let me know.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you might even enjoy it…

I did not sign up to this sort of thing

FWIW i am going up Friday am and will be doing a MTB ride if anyone else fancies it – probably AE or whatever is nearest…may even do uplift if open.

PS there will be cake as well

ton

I might be up for that junky……….was gonna do dalbeattie tho on the Friday on the way up.

paulevans
    Free Member

Sorry, having said yes a few weeks ago I’m now going to have to say no. Just been granted wife approval to a week in the Alps later in the year, but can’t do both.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Junkyard
    Free Member

OK fine with that option as never ridden it

chipster

I’m off shift from Wednesday morning, so I may be up for that, Ton/Junky.

ton

bit of a bump to see if we have any more willing victims participants.

come on don’t be shy……….there might even be proper Yorkshire ale on tap.

piemonster

Exactly how many on this trip fit into the snore beasts category?

piemonster

PS there will be cake as well

8)

Bunnyhop

nbt has just told me about this.
    Mrs. T.J will go if I will. It’s my Birthday and nbt’s birthday weekend too 🙂

scotroutes

With only ten or so weeks to go I thought I’d best get the Amazon out of hibernation and take it for a spin to see if I could remember how to cycle on the road. Managed just under 50km/600m on some pleasant backroads on the south side of Loch Ness.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/q9QhmW]DSC_0042[/url] by ScotRoutes, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qPfPRh]DSC_0045[/url] by ScotRoutes, on Flickr

Junkyard
    Free Member

Note to self sort out a bike for this….if only I was tons size i would be able to buy the one he is currently speccing just before this trip happens 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks like I’m out..

It’s my birthday, and this mrs has booked something..

Mind, trying to get her to re-arrange it.

scotroutes

Oi! Tell her that since it’s your birthday you’ll be doing what you want! 🙂

scotroutes

I could bring the 29er – and put some semi-slick tyres on it?

Do we have agreed routes yet? I’d like to get the GPX files if so.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have a road bike but no touring bike or CX bike- probably just bring that as I assume the “off road ” stuff is gentle as can be

Its a kind offer but ,hopefully, I wont need to take you up on it.

Daffy

475 miles…still tempted.

piemonster

+another 1 keen for a gpx

vondally
    Free Member

:wink:I hope my 29er will be okay for the weekend as it is that or the other 29er……see you all in the pub

ton

no gpx, no route profile, just good old fashioned fun, that a fat bloke on a behemoth of a tourer can manage with 42c tyres, and full guards. slowly mind!!

piemonster

I hope my 29er will be okay

Ditto, but with my 29er

ton

anymore for anymore……..just incase anyone missed.
    few places left still.

scotroutes

OK- just tell me the routes then. I’m happy to create a GPX file for those after one.

ton

newton stewart, barraer, spittle, port william, big balcraig, whithorn, isle of whithorn, garlieston, wigtown, newton stewart.
    51.42 miles. this is for saturday.

scotroutes

Linky no worky

ton

sunday.

newton stewart, boreland, glentrool village, loch trool, loch dee, clatteringshaws, loch grannoch, cullendoch, creetown, palnure, newton stewart.

45 miles.

chipster

It looks like I’ll have to start getting some miles in. 😳

Can I be the first to ask, what tyres? 🙂

ton

black rubber ones……….. 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am doing it on a road bike so there.. none of the cross or 29 er for me

somafunk

Just an idea for folk but the forest road sections from Glen Trool to Clatteringshaws may be heavily cut up at the moment due to forestry work/wood lorries used to clear the area of Larch die back disease so a 28mm tyre at the least would be needed, if i’m up that way on the Tripster i tend to use my 40mm Clement MSO as it’s perfectly fast enough on the roads and gives a bit of comfort on the forest roads – the other roads are the usual mixture of rough rural surfaces (some bad, some very rough, some butter smooth) so a 28mm treaded tyre at the minimum would be preferable.

For practically all my riding throughout this area whether that be road or off road tracks/forest roads/paths i fit my Clement X-Plor USH , I’m not fussed about how fast or beating previous times though so my advice may be tarn with a pinch of salt.

(apologies for always bleating bout clement tyres but i’ve found them to be perfect for my type of riding in this area)

chipster

Sorry, Ton, someone had to.
    Marathons will have to do me.

somafunk

Marathons will do you absolutely fine chipster – plenty of volume for cushioning, you might have to take it easy on some of the big forest road descents though.

chipster

What? So I’ll have to go slow down ’em as well? 😕

Thanks SF, easy it is, then.

somafunk

Nah…bugger it….just **** hoon it down them….every bike tour with mates needs a near death escape and if it involves a fully laden 40 ton wood lorry and a massive 8 wheeler wood harvesting machine then all the better – you’ll be total legend! 😀

scotroutes

OK. I think these are the routes ..

Day 1 – http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/636593116
    Day 2 – http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/636596886

I’ve got 28mm Marathons on the Amazon at the moment so might opt for those, or some 35mm Maxxis Raze CX tyres. Hey, I might even do a tyre swap on the Saturday night 😉

I also found this Newton Stewart house on google streetview. I reckon we should all go round for a nosey

ton

Colin, route for day 1 is wrong………….. 😳
    but I don’t matter………….. 😀

scotroutes

Aye, there’s a few points where I wasn’t sure which way you were headed. Where did I cock up?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am still doing it on a road bike with whatever tyres DONK lends me …..its all about the preparation

However if someone has some 29 er non disc wheels they can lend me for the ride 😉

What tyres PPPFFFFTTTTTT

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 328 total)

The topic ‘Touring weekend anyone?’ is closed to new replies.