• This topic has 59 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by joefm.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Tour de France 2021 stage 17 > Muret – Col du Portet
  • scud
    Free Member

The kids are ganging up on the old man!

crazy-legs

This is quite tense – Carapaz is either pulling the perfect bluff or he’s so on the limit that he can’t actually go to the front.

Oh – as I type that, he attacks. OK, good bluff!

Klunk
    Free Member

hahahahahaha just desserts

scud
    Free Member

Pog doesn’t seem to even be breathing deeply when he is riding up these slopes.. makes it look so easy

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Some kick for the line….

Wow.

crazy-legs

hahahahahaha just desserts

Yeah and he’s not made any friends doing that either.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s a shame Roglic isn’t here 2 jumbo riders would give Pog something to think about!

Klunk
    Free Member

that’s twice Carapaz has declined a turn from Pog and twice he’s been made to look like an ass.

crazy-legs

Pogacar making some pointed references to it in the interview.

scud
    Free Member

How much money do you think Ineos’ billionaire backer has been offering Pog?

Strange that Ineos domestiques are usually brilliant, Porte, TGH and the rest, yet despite G being injured, the rest don’t seem to be performing either? If Carapaz had some help to at least 2/3rds of way up climb, he would of expounded less energy. They seem to have helped and come to front on pointless stages, yet been useless to him in the high mountains

Klunk
    Free Member

perhaps they’ll wait a year and see what Pidcock, Martinez and Bernal can manage

stevious

Looks like cav is safe

Klunk
    Free Member

won’t have to wait a year, preliminary rosters for the Vuelta is Yates, Bernal, Carapaz, Pidcock & Martinez vs Roglic vs Pogacar

Klunk
    Free Member

Oh – as I type that, he attacks. OK, good bluff!

“Jonas said to me that he thought Carapaz was bluffing and I knew it also,” Pogacar explained. “It was nothing unusual – this is the tactic in cycling and he tried to attack.

perhaps not 😉

stevious

Not going to join in with the Carapaz hating. He (rightly) knew that he wasn’t as strong as the other two so he played the card he had. He knows he’s outgunned but he’s *still* trying to beat the other guys which is my favourite kind of bike racing.

(I also quite like a bit of glorious failure, mind)

Klunk
    Free Member

least he’s consistent, 2 for 0 on attacks so far perhaps a 3rds the charm. 😉

swavis

Good on him for giving it a go, it certainly made it in a bit more exciting than everyone just following the wheels.

More of the same tomorrow?

igm

To be fair, I wondered if he’d left it maybe until the tunnel whether he’d have got a better outcome.

steve_b77
    Free Member

If Carapaz had some help to at least 2/3rds of way up climb, he would of expounded less energy. They seem to have helped and come to front on pointless stages, yet been useless to him in the high mountains

The way Pog rides it would just make it even easier for him, ooh look a massive Ineos mountain train to sit on until they all die, knowing full well of anyone bothering him on GC has a dig, he just follows, waits and then attacks them as if at will.

joefm

To be fair he gave Pogacar a 1km tow at the end…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France 2021 stage 17 > Muret – Col du Portet’ is closed to new replies.