Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tough Mudder – anyone doing it?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Considering signing up for the Scottish one in July, cant be that hard can it? 😯

Anyone done one, and how hard was it?

Front Page

IanMunro
    Free Member

Like the “Probably the toughest event on the planet” claim.

Just do two laps and you’re then twice as tough 🙂

I’ve just entered this as it’s named after me, so must be touhgher 🙂
    http://www.trionium.com/mm/

dabble
    Free Member

Me, my brother and our two cousins are looking at the North West one in November, the videos look like they kick your arse but i would be glad to do it and get round in hopefully one piece. Its all good, nearly clean, fun. I can’t run for toffee though so that rather large aspect of the race will be interesting.
    Hopefully gonna do the leeds/ sheffield one in 2013 if we haven’t been put off by this years.

dabble
    Free Member

2 weeks till the north west tough mudder. Anyone else off here doing it? whats it like? wiil i die? anyone wanna tell me i’m a berk? Getting a bit worried now as ive still done minimal running training.

wwaswas

ive still done minimal running training

you’re a berk.

hth 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I did the Major (organised by BMF) in Shropshire last weekend. Must have gone through half a dozen chest deep pools of muddy shitty water in temperatures between 0 and 2 degrees. It was flipping freezing. Good fun though. 🙂

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Deadldarcy; glad you enjoyed the major and the various water features! ( I work for bmf on their events) I did think it was a bit harsh putting ice cubes into the stench trench ….as if it wasn’t cold enough!

dobo
    Free Member

really would like to give this a go, the one near Brighton next year might be the one. Currently got shin splints or something worse so running is very limited at the moment, luckily cycling is ok, i recon CX should keep my fitness up through winter.

team STW anyone

dabble
    Free Member

team STW anyone

could be interested, i’ll see how this one goes first! 😯

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I did the Scottish one at Drumlanrig and overall it was a bit rubbish and you left feeling a bit ripped off. Its not particularly hard and I’d challenge the ‘toughest event on the planet’ moniker. Physically its quite easy just painful sometimes. Thats not to say don’t do it, cost is relative an all that but IMO theres better out there (for instance The Mighty Deerstalker is harder,colder,cheaper and has a better atmosphere). Overall I was underwhelmed, not to say I didn’t enjoy bits but I won’t be back.

If you are set on doing it, to get the most out of it treat it like a team building exercise. Get your team together, train together, get your weakest guys stronger slower guys faster etc. And get a good fancy dress sorted. The team dressed as the mulleted kidnapper/fan from the Chilli Pepper videos were inspired.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

ice cubes into the stench trench

😆

I thought that was the ballshrinker, no?

Were you working at the midlands Major then dude?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tough Mudder – anyone doing it?’ is closed to new replies.