Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • to the mums of singletrack and single dads…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…its bloody hard work !

Mrs has been away in the South of France since last week and is back in a few days so Ive had the boys 4 and 5.5yrs old jeez its hard work and non stop !

How do you do it ? (cant ask the mrs she’d kill me !)

Ive loved it though some real bonding time went to my brothers in Leeds and went to Harewood hill climb track with some rock climbing thrown in. And today cycling in the local park on a nature trail the oldest was convinced it was mountain biking !

Drove back last night to London…busting for a pee but obviously couldn’t leave them in the car…

chewkw
    Free Member

How about experimenting with this …

Get them tired and then let them sleep early.

1. Get them to do some physical exercise like playing fetch the ball or run 20 laps by pretending to be playing catch …
    2. Don’t feed them sweets.
    3. Give them a big meal.
    4. Turn up the heater.
    5. Sit infront of the telly but let them watch some boring movie that required concentration.
    6. Give them a warm cup of milk or mango lassi (yogurt drink here’s how to make it.). Mango lassi is really effective even I doze off after drinking a cup of it after a meal at the Indian restaurant.

Or just give them mango lassi if you can do 1 – 5.

Then relax and see them doze off …

😆

p/s: disclaimer … I have no children so try it at your own risk.

richpips
    Free Member

My wife worked away for 6 months.

I became super organised, and everything went smoothly.

Since she’s been back though I’ve adopted my usual ways. 😉

restless
    Free Member

Organisation, roles and routines.

That way both you and the kids know the way things are expected to be.

I have 3 on my own permanently and it can be extremely tough at times, but rewarding too .

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I have 3 kids on alternate weekends, and a night mid week. I’m certainly better organised than when I was married. Very rewarding when it all goes to plan though.

garage-dweller

I love having our boys for a day or two on my own and it gives my wife a proper break. you are not kidding though it’s bloody hard work if you don’t do it regularly.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Hard work but brilliant – I have four and there is never a dull moment and I never want there to be

fenred
    Free Member

I have my 2 daughters (7 and 10) every other wkend and have just completed the tour of duty to end all tours of duty :(…Hats off to all those that single parent full time! Nighty-night zzzzz…..

loddrik
    Free Member

I love it, I’m the main carer and wouldn’t have it any other way. I’d much rather be with my daughters (3&7) than be at work. Which is pretty much the way it is. Just as well as the wife is the breadwinner in our house. Suits us perfectly.

Definitely not hard work, it’s an absolute pleasure and delight.

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t try and get anything else done whilst looking after them…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have been a lone parent for well over six years now because the ex did a disappearing act and left me with a six year old daughter to shepherd through life. Its been a learning curve to say the very least.

takisawa2

Neil, hats off to you 100% !!!

Absoluteley love having my lads on their own,. Despite what the Wife thinks, things dont descent into chaos. They just get done at a more…leisurely pace. 🙂

drummer
    Free Member

Full time single working Dad of three for the last six years …we just muddle through one day at a time, with lot’s of help from family and friends …it’s great 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

I have been a lone parent for well over six years now because the ex did a disappearing act and left me with a six year old daughter to shepherd through life. Its been a learning curve to say the very least.

Good work mate. She’ll never forget it.

maccruiskeen

How about experimenting with this …

Get them tired and then let them sleep early.

1. Get them to do some physical exercise like playing fetch the ball or run 20 laps by pretending to be playing catch …
    2. Don’t feed them sweets.
    3. Give them a big meal.
    4. Turn up the heater.
    5. Sit infront of the telly but let them watch some boring movie that required concentration.
    6. Give them a warm cup of milk or mango lassi (yogurt drink here’s how to make it.). Mango lassi is really effective even I doze off after drinking a cup of it after a meal at the Indian restaurant.

Or just give them mango lassi if you can do 1 – 5.

Then relax and see them doze off …

p/s: disclaimer … I have no children so try it at your own risk.

7. Chewkw just volunteered to babysit while you go down the pub.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘to the mums of singletrack and single dads…’ is closed to new replies.