Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)
  • To much Roadie Talk.
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

Even with this months stw editorial in mind there seems to be a fair amount of roadie jib, not sure we’re losing the trail (as so to speak!)

Try this out instead!

bigG
    Free Member

Get over yourself, it’s all cycling isn’t it? Some of us do road, CX and MTB. Should we use different forums for all of them?

Your troll is far too obvious..

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Get over yourself

This… 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And one.

geetee1972
    Free Member

to much roadie talk

Is that a toast?

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s “too” much.

Not

“To” much.

.. To much roadie talk !

Sounds like a toast at an evening for talking about road riding.

(Edit- slow typering 😉 )

scaredypants

No, I agree – you shaven, skinny lycra nancies can all get stuffed. It’s bad enough that we talk about bikes on here at all, but road ?!

They never even bloody say hello, you know

househusband

Is that a toast?

:mrgreen:

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I like road because it makes me fast on my mountain bike.

They never even bloody say hello, you know

I have a regular coffee stop that is frequented by mountain bikers. I often get ignored when I call in on my road bike. 🙁

The Lycra probably makes them feel uneasy. 8)

Rockape63
    Free Member

Get over yourself, it’s all cycling isn’t it? Some of us do road, CX and MTB. Should we use different forums for all of them?

Totally fair point. It’s not all cycling at all ….. It’s a totally different discipline involving shaving ones legs!

Banish yourself to a roadie site!

mangatank
    Free Member

No Irish, Dogs or Roadies please…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mangatank, dogs and roadies are allowed.

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont mind the roadie talk tbh it when they are on the roads two abreast slowing me down with their perfectly leag cycling that I get cross

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Road CC is good for reviews ect… but their forum is dead. Probably out riding bikes instead of talking about them. 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Roadie talk -“Been out much?”
    “Nah.Not much”.
    Actually means 600 miles in a month.

Mtb talk -“Been out much?”
    “Yeah.Done wales and scotland and the lakes and the alps”
    Actually means 600 miles in a year.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Troll this is not!

I felt my point was very fair and justified, noticed a significant increase in road bike subjects on a mountain bike forum!

If like myself you ride both, great but use the appropriate forum!

Although both can complement each other you wouldn’t ride your road bike off road and visa versa however I am at a loss with cyclocross 😕

It’s “too” much.
    Not
    “To” much.

Yeah, you can get over yourself!

Seriously people, I posted it with a fair point, opinion, yes but a fair point non the less and I get shot down?!
    By the grammar nazi’s?!

😆

Kryton57

neilsonwheels – Member
    I often get ignored when I call in on my road bike.
    The bulges in my Lycra probably makes them feel uneasy.

FTFY.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Totally fair point. It’s not all cycling at all ….. It’s a totally different discipline involving shaving ones legs!

Banish yourself to a roadie site!

+1 the bunch of dirty infidels

Rorschach
    Free Member

Seriously people, I posted it with a fair point opinion, yes but a fair point non the less and I get shot down?! With the grammar nazi’s?!

P.s I ain’t ‘people’

rewski
    Free Member

this in-fighting feels a bit like the old days, very disappointing.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Rorschach
    Free Member

I miss the old days

mangatank
    Free Member

Ultimately, the sport is old enough now for many of us to have moved from pure MTB to a mixture of Road and trail. It’s just how the forum is maturing. Like it or lump it I’d say.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Ultimately, the sport is old enough now for many of us to have moved from pure MTB to a mixture of Road and trail. It’s just how the forum is maturing. Like it or lump it I’d say.

It would appear that way!

labsey
    Free Member

No issue with roadie talk. Most riders have more than one bike and also enjoy riding the tarmac.

euain

By the grammar nazi’s?!

By the grammar nazi’s what? We want to know!

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s winter, you’d have to be mental to do much mtbing at this time of year, road bikes are a great alternative.

hopefully the sun will come back soon, or at least some of the puddles will get drained by thirsty trees, and it’ll be ‘flats vs spds’ threads all over the forum once again.

until november…

maccruiskeen

Road CC is good for reviews ect… but their forum is dead.

The banter on Road CC is all in the comments of the news and reviews rather than on the forum, its more of a conversation with the site authors.

madhouse

In a world where n+1 is the number of bikes you should have in the garage then it is inevitable that eventually one of those may well be a road bike ….. that and you’ll end up needing a bigger garage.

palmer77
    Free Member

A toast you say? Chin chin 🙂

tacopowell
    Free Member

you’d have to be mental to do much mtbing at this time of year

I honestly don’t get that, Road biking is great and has its benefits but MTBing is why I do it… Winter or Summer.

footflaps

Roadie talk -“Been out much?”
    “Nah.Not much”.
    Actually means 600 miles in a month.

You’re right that’s not much. I used to clock up 1000+ a month training for XC and that was just WEs and a few evenings.

tacopowell
    Free Member

By the grammar nazi’s what? We want to know!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRjV37zwF8I[/video]

😀 😉 😀

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

By the grammar nazi’s?!

Grammar is important. It’s the difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse, or helping your uncle jack off a horse…the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you’re shit. Ya dig?

DezB
    Free Member

Mr. Tacopowell. This is NOT a place for expressing your opinions! Jeez whatever next?
    (BTW, it’s the winter, people are on their boring road bikes more, wait a few months and it’ll all go away)

tacopowell
    Free Member

Grammar is important. It’s the difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse, or helping your uncle jack off a horse…the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you’re shit. Ya dig?

Oh I get it, I’m just not very good at it, it doesn’t however give people the right to be an arse when my grammar’s poor
    Does it?! Maybe I’m missing something?

Anyway, I’m off to/too (???) road.cc to talk mountain bikes!

fasthaggis

Deary dear 🙄

billysugger
    Free Member

I’ve lurked here a fair while now and can honestly say that there used to be some informative posts, interesting videos posted and posts that made me roflol from really witty folk but now I think it can be summed up with one of these..

🙄

SmugTosserWorld

One will be along in a minute to alter my opinion. Then another will type something hilarious like bye then. Which will reinforce the Ned-bond.

seven
    Free Member

How to comfort an upset grammar pedant….

There, their, they’re

globalti
    Free Member

Go and read Cyclist magazine, it’s a road version of Singletrack; lots of tasty photos and great articles, very little advertising and some interesting tech stuff. I’m so impressed I’m taking out a subscription. Now if Singletrack was to begin including the occasional classy road riding feature with great photos and write-ups I think it would revive the magazine dramatically by adding a new strand of interest.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘To much Roadie Talk.’ is closed to new replies.