Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • time for election threads to go
  • rOcKeTdOg

*yawns*

Talkemada
    Free Member

What happened? I fell asleep…. 😳

clubber
    Free Member

You're just too cool for skool Fred/Bra/TalkTalkTalk…

rOcKeTdOg

what happened is my public sector pay freeze/decrease/redundancy is on hold for a bit longer 😕

Talkemada
    Free Member

Actually, I know a few public sector employees who will be slightly less agitated this morning…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yeah!

Time for coalition government threads

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah how boring to discuss the closest election for years, on the day the results come out. 😕

KINGTUT
    Free Member

This is an election thread though.

OH TEH IRONING OMG!!!LOLLERSKATESWTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sharkbait
    Free Member

time for election threads to go

So why did you start another one 😐

My only question about the whole thing is why did the 100's of people who were turned away from the polling stations simply not go earlier? If you decide to turn up 30 mins before it closes you could well be in trouble.
    The polls had been open since 7.00am FFS!

rOcKeTdOg

So why did you start another one

sense of humour and knowledge of history of stw "copy threads" fail

grumm
    Free Member

sharkbait – some people went earlier and there was a massive queue so decided to come back later and there was still a massive queue. Quite a few people arrived at one polling station arrived at around 8.30pm and still got turned away. Even if they did turn up 30 mins, or even 10 mins before the station closed they should still be able to vote.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I can't agree 100%.
    Although we have the demographic right to vote the stations all have to close at the same time and if you're not through the doors by that time then you've missed your chance – you can't keep the stations open indefinitely.
    In hindsight those people who saw queues should have stayed rather than going away and coming back later

coffeeking
    Free Member

The stations should be sized correctly to allow all of the people to get through providing they turn up in a reasonable time. That'll mean some over-sizing of course, but it is just a few people and some ply boxes. My local polling station was borderline empty.

The annecdotal evidence of staff sorting people into queues of different sorts of people (students vs local residents) is more disturbing if either one were given a smaller chance.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘time for election threads to go’ is closed to new replies.