Home Forums Chat Forum Thule experts – 750 feet – which fitting kit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thule experts – 750 feet – which fitting kit
  • samuri
    Free Member

I’ve had a load of hassle with ebay recently.
    Bought some Thule bars, guy said he’d sold them after the auction completed, probably because he didn’t get what he wanted. Reported him. Then found some more, asked some questions, bid. Just before the auction ended (after almost a week of waiting), the guy said he’d made a mistake in the spec and removed the auction.

Then I found some more, nice and cheap, but a bit old. I’ll not be using them that much so no problem.
    Asked a few questions about them, bloke seemed legit but wouldn’t answer questions about the fitting kit but I bought them in the end.

They’ve just arrived. Bars and feet look fine, if a little tatty. The fitting kit has 230 stamped into it, no idea what this means, nothing on the Thule website seems any help.

I’m happy getting a new fitting kit from Halfords or somewhere but I’ve no idea which one to get for the 750 feet. If the feet were the 754’s (the newer version of the 750), then I’d get the 1462 as the website suggests but I don’t know if this will fit the feet.

So ideally, i’d like someone with the 750 feet and the same car as me to confirm what fitting kit they have.
    Given this is STW there should be plenty of people with the same car as me, 2008+ A4 Saloon. ;-)

Ta.

samuri
    Free Member

Aah, typing the question in got me thinking differently, so I downloaded the 1462 fitting kit instructions which are in typical Swedish picture form which isn;t immediately obvious but it does say 750 in the feet section. Looks like it’s 1462.

http://www.rackattack.com/product-pages/product-pdf/thule-fit-kit-1462-instructions.pdf

andyl
    Free Member

I have a fitting kit for an Audi A4 somewhere. I’ll try and dig them out and see what they are. They were for the same feet that mounted the bars to a 306 hatchback.

matt_outandabout

Just check out the ‘old’ options – I sought ‘old’ 751 feet for my Galaxy when Thule suggested I get 753, as the ‘old’ 751 sits much higher. This is better for canoes/kayaks regularly. Other than height, there is no real difference.

Greybeard
    Free Member

I’ve had similar questions. So far as I can tell, current fitting kits are suitable for older 751 feet and well as newer 753. I haven’t looked at 750 v 754 as they’re not suitable for the car, but this may help:

https://roofracks.co.uk/r-news/what-is-the-difference-between-a-thule-750-and-754-foot-pack/

I agree with Matt, the higher 751 is much more useful for kayaks than the 753 – but they don’t seem to sell it in the UK any more, only in N America. I don’t know if the reason is just marketing or if the higher bars put more leverage on the fixings and don’t meet Euro regulations?

matt_outandabout

Secondhand for all this by the way…

andyl
    Free Member

just checked. Fitting kit seems to be for an A6 not A4.

853-2210 with various numbers on the rubber due to difference, one I have in my hand is 33 which corresponds with the number on the newer style fitting fit for that car (A6 up to 2004)

samuri
    Free Member

Alright, thanks for looking anyway. It might be worth getting brand new fixings anyway so the rubber is good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thule experts – 750 feet – which fitting kit’ is closed to new replies.