Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • thoughts on Orange Five 29 S Pro for trail centres?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

testing it on the 8th march!

crikey
    Free Member

Make sure the drawers lock shut, or you’ll lose the files down Spooky Wood.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Overkill?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Flaming death,exploding wheels etc

thepodge
    Free Member

Look up overbiked

glasgowdan
    Free Member

It’ll go forwards, no need for ‘what bike for trail centres’ threads.

crikey
    Free Member

…if you take it there in an Audi, you’ll almost have a full line in STW Bingo.

househusband

What’s your profession, what car do you drive and do you have an axe, chainsaw and woodburning stove..?

singlespeedstu

Maybe you should wait until the 8th March and form you own conclusions.

jacob46
    Free Member

What’s your profession, what car do you drive and do you have an axe, chainsaw and woodburning stove..?

what do you mean by that?

jacob46
    Free Member

cant help but love the look of them. just hope it feels as good on the 8th.

yes expensive but you get what you pay for.

a bit like “bang and olufsen or Bush” in the television world.

jacob46
    Free Member

…if you take it there in an Audi, you’ll almost have a full line in STW Bingo.

in English?

663sqd
    Free Member

Save the cash, build a solaris- trail centre warrior , climbs and descends better than any full suss I’ve ever ridden!

jacob46
    Free Member

663sqd,

thought about building my own but can you put me in the right step please?
    dealer ?

6ft 3inches XL frame required

cheers

cloudnine
    Free Member

29 is so very last season.. I understand there’s a new wheel size that we won’t need but will be required for entry to all trail centres in 2015.

messiah
    Free Member

It has wheels, it’s a bike, it will be fun.

http://dirtmag.co.uk/video-clips/five-29.html

Enjoy!

jacob46
    Free Member

cloudnine – Member

29 is so very last season.. I understand there’s a new wheel size that we won’t need but will be required for entry to all trail centres in 2015.

if that’s the case have you look at specialized line up for this year?

jimoiseau
    Free Member

theupsetter
    Free Member

Before you part with your cash tryout the yeti SB95 – much much more fun than the orange

chestrockwell

Mine is plenty of fun round Gisburn. Not had it long so have not tried others and usually ride natural trails tbh. Not over biked at all, regardless what’s said above. I use mine as an all rounder and it’s great.

atlaz
    Free Member

cant help but love the look of them.

Clearly you can’t, but I can. Sorry. Like most bikes it’ll probably be much better than the rider is so don’t worry

Northwind

I liked it but the standard-fit tyres are incredibly, incredibly awful so if you’re paying money for the demo, see if they’ll swap them for something that’s fit for purpose- I don’t think you can really test a bike like this on the OEM contis. (I ended up crashing it on tarmac, that was unexpected)

househusband

what do you mean by that?

It was a comment on the perceived demographic of STW forum members; they ride Orange 5’s, work in IT, drive a certain type of car – and chop wood for their woodburning stoves in their spare time.

(I only tick one of those boxes.)

Drac

Cracking bike but you can ride pretty much anything at trail centres and have fun.

You may also find this thread useful.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/thoughts-on-orange-five-29-s-trying-to-find-my-next-bike

b45her
    Free Member

When I demo’d a 5 29er it sounded like a skeleton pleasuring it’s self in a biscuit tin. Also didn’t seem to like changing direction.

cloudnine
    Free Member

When I demo’d a 5 29er it sounded like a skeleton pleasuring it’s self in a biscuit tin. Also didn’t seem to like changing direction.

Sounds like you hadn’t closed the bottom drawer properly or a broken suspension file bracket

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘thoughts on Orange Five 29 S Pro for trail centres?’ is closed to new replies.