Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • This Sunday ride around Rivington/Darwen/Bury
  • lowey

Binners / NBT. I am deff going elsewhere now, but I can send you the Memory map route for the 4 towers and amend it to start at the barn if you like ?

Just drop me a line if you need it.

nbt

Cheers for the offer but I don't have a GPS. We can do it another time 😉

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

adt – Member
    KKF I reckon this ride should be done in 2hrs and anything more is not acceptable .

Maybe sat on your wheel Aidy i would have a chance 😆
    You worked over Nicky Craig yet? 😈

lowey

nbt… neither do I. You can always print it off and follow a la traditional map reading techniques ?? 😛 😛

MrSparkle

Junkyard – thanks for the compliment! Sadly both Terra and I are riding round in circles this w/end @ SITS.

Iceman
    Free Member

kingkongsfinger just seen your advatar on the members page, were you trying when that was took?? you out tomorrow?

samuri
    Free Member

there's a better one of him here.

Iceman
    Free Member

Is he wearing a Gum Sheild ???? 🙄

lowey

Looks like your really enjoying yourself KKF.

footstomper
    Free Member

Did a similar ride a while back, but set off from Bold Venture Park in Darwen. The only problem is if you dont double back from Peel tower then it involves quite a lot of road 😥
    Would have joined you but it sounds like you are a bunch of whippets and I'm still struggling with fast rides at the moment 😳

3 Towers 1 Mast 1 Mast

Nezbo
    Free Member

i am working that day 🙁 so i wont beable to come, but i would be intrested to find out how you are geting from darwen tower to peel tower and then from peel tower to rivington, i have live in darwen and have been trying to find a good route (i have mostle only found old unwornin trails). I did a bit of a route plan on memory map and it worked out about 40miles. Should be quite easy within 4 hours.

Are you taking in lots of roads?
    how are you getting from darwen to peel (or visa versa) and peel to rivington (again or visa versa)?

fizzer
    Free Member

I would love to join you (fast pace) but it's a Daddy weekend for me.

Some other time.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Iceman – Member
    Is he wearing a Gum Sheild ????

Cheeky boy iceman, you will pay for that tomorrow on the way home from the cafe !!! You playing out on Sunday with us Iceman?

Posted 3 hours ago # Report-Post
    lowey – Member
    Looks like your really enjoying yourself KKF.

Not Really, that was in "The tour of the North" Ireland, fourth stage,bit out of my depth and that is a long drag to the finish even though it does not look it.

The route is in my mates head, when i do it and will let you lot know and maybe we could organise it again. 8)

wors

Ignore Lowey, he secretly wants a roa bike! KKF who do you rie for?

Junkyard
    Free Member

pictures Lowey in lycra and chuckles whilst wondering what roadies do fag breaks

lowey

Pair of bastards… my body is a temple as well you know.

nbt

lowey – Member

Pair of bastards… my body is a temple as well you know.

Open to all comers 24 hours a day, leave your shoes outside?

wors

pictures Lowey in lycra

god sake johnnie, put me off me beer!

Open to all comers 24 hours a day, leave your shoes outside?

only when the green towel is hung out of the window

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

wors – Member
    Ignore Lowey, he secretly wants a roa bike! KKF who do you ride for?

Lancashire Road Club 😀

Home

abs6pk7
    Free Member

top top ride guys thanx for lettin me tag along will keep a watch on forum for next ride…………. cheers

Iceman
    Free Member

Same from me, top ride, GOOD route JJ. Jasmine was going well, some of the time 😆

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

5.5 Hrs, 6 riders, lots of climbing, great weather and no mechanical issues.

Fantastic ride, must organise this again. 😀

samuri
    Free Member

cool, sorry I couldn't make it. I was going to come in the end but had a bit too much beer the night before and overslept. 🙁

lowey

5.5 hours ????

I though you guys were supposed to be quick

binners

Good run then chaps?

I thought we may have bumped into you at some point. We did a route starting from Darwen and went all over the place (my way of saying I haven't an effing clue what route I did) 🙂

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

lowey – Member
    5.5 hours ????

I though you guys were supposed to be quick

Some of us are 😉 Seriously though,it was a tough route and it took in some extra climbs for the "fun" of it,the route was not the most direct either as the weather was perfect. 8) 8)

Also need to sort it out with the other riders, was it 4.5 or 5.5 hrs, i didn't take note?

traildog
    Free Member

Every year Horwich CC run a 3 towers training ride in preparation for the 3 peaks. Everyone is welcome and there is usually a good crowd, including plenty of mountain bikes as well as cross bikes. I will post on here letting people know when this years run is, as it appears quite a few might be interested.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘This Sunday ride around Rivington/Darwen/Bury’ is closed to new replies.