Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • This headset business
  • tails
    Free Member

Right I thought I had a 1.5 headset on my bike but thought I'd contact the importer who says it is

The headset size is 1 1/8th intergraded press fit style.

where as the brand say its a

Head tube is 1 1/8"

I have a FSA impact which is apparently integrated from a old bike. On the side of the bearings it says TH industries 1 1/8" 45×45 no.8b ACB compatible w/campy but this does not fit.

The headtube measures 44mm so what do I need would prefer FSA but hope or even CK will have a look at. So what do I need, examples welcome.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Why your current one doesn't fit
    search on google =

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fsa/impact-intergrated-headset-ec016137?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle

Notes:
    Will only fit with Campag spec integrated frames.

sv
    tails
    Free Member

No neither of those headsets will fit, i already have the impact and the other is also campag and at over a ton a bit dear.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Tails my post above is saying WHY your impact won't fit…

the impact is designed to "only fit with Campag spec integrated frames"

tinsy
    Free Member

Take the frame to a shop and pay full price, its the only way if you dont know, i had trouble when building my wifes bike a while back and bought and FSA 45mm integrated from the net, but it turned out I needed a semi intergrated, one of my LBS had one at a not unreasonable £20 that got me out of shtuck when I was building it up.

tails
    Free Member

i thought thats what you were saying fozzybear but thought i'd make it clear that does not fit as the other poster linked to a similar headset. You got a lot more results from crc then me, maybe a spelt a word wrong. thanks

fozzybear
    Free Member

ok 🙂 personally look at those new cane creek 100/110 versions, they are a lot of money but use CK bearings and a better sealing.

benjag
    Free Member

I hope the 110 has different bearings as I've got a cane creek is8 and have found the lower bearing sealing to be a bit rubbish

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘This headset business’ is closed to new replies.