Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • The worst bit of a song EVER
  • Edric64
    Free Member

The lyric “As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti” in Africa by Toto. It’s not just the preposterous nature of the lyric but the way it’s shoehorned in.

You beat me to it, the shitiest lyric ever

rewski
    Free Member

That bit in wind beneath my wings when bette milder starts wailing at the end, sounds like someone being hung, drawn and quartered.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Tommorow is Saturday,
    Sunday comes afterwards.

atlaz
    Free Member

Here’s a bad rap one that a mate emailed to me a month or two back which I think he found on a worst rap lyrics ever webpage.

3.”Young, black, and famous, with money hanging out the anus.”
    Mase (“Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down”)

zippykona

Rewski I feel your pain.

CountZero

As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

This. CROWBAR!
    I like the sax break in Will You.

DezB
    Free Member

Ton, you cannot be serious! zigazigah is Pure Pop Genius!!

RustySpanner

‘Just like that old man in that book by Nabakov’.
    Pretentious toss, thanks Sting.

‘He smelt of pubs and Wormwood Scrubs and too many right wing meetings’.
    Sixth form pureile nonsense, as is pretty much everything by Weller.

The whole of ‘Bring your daughter to the slaughter’ by Maiden.

Sadly, most of the lyrics to ‘Up the Junction’, by Squeeze.
    One of my favourite bands, but this sounds like a nine year old’s poetry project. Yes, I know it’s supposed to, but it just makes me cringe.
    Great song, but I just can’t bear the forced rhyming.
    Sorry, everything else they’ve ever done is pretty much perfect.

As are The Beautiful South, you philistine 😀

DezB
    Free Member

oi! you can’t dis Down in a tubesation!

lodious
    Free Member

The bit where Bob Dylan starts playing his harmonica 🙂

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Beautiful South’s “36D, so what?”

Cringing “new-man understanding women’s issues” nauseating awfulness….

Bluuuurrrrrghhhh!

Cougar

How about the new Coldplay one? Para para paraffin ! ! Took all of 5 mins to figure out those lyrics.

I thought it was a song about cycle luggage.

Carra, carra, carradice….

neilthewheel

Bu-hut…ewh…those su-hummer…..

Na-HAAATZ!!

Cougar

Oh, don’t.

When I was little, I had tonsillitis that, well, with complications, nearly killed me. Amongst other things, I went deaf. When I came out of hospital post-op, my hearing was hyper-sensitive and that god damned song was on the radio constantly. That particular bit at the end was like a knife to the brain, that and Kate Bush’s bloody Wuthering Heights. To this day I still can’t listen to either of them.

theotherjonv

I have an urge to scream at the ‘woop, woo!’ in that Steve Miller band song. You know the bit. i can’t even be arsed to google the name of the song, I hate it that much.

verses

FeeFoo – Member

Bluuuurrrrrghhhh!

Surely it’s about the exact opposite?!?

I.E. Being tired of women who are all looks and no content…

rewski
    Free Member

Am I a Yankee, no I’m a Londoner!

edlong
    Free Member

The bit in Dizzee Rascal’s “Bonkers” when he has a crack at singing (and fails dismally)

+1 for that bit of “Wild Boys” where Le Bon rather ambitously reaches for the high note “…Agaaaaaaain” and misses rather badly.

IHN

As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

Oh aye, that’s a beauty. And a great simile too; a mountain rising like, well, another mountain. Good work boys.

Anything sung by Bryan Ferry. He sounds like Vic Reeves’ club singer impression.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

This far in and no mention of the intro of the Ace of Base’s ‘All That She Wants’?

The rest of the song is f***ing awful as well…

IHN

“The LOVEshack is little old place where
    weee caaaan get to-ge-therrrrr”

That song makes my $h1t itch. The bane of every student night I ever went to…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Or any ‘singing’ by Mick Hucknall or Heather Small.

sadexpunk

+1 for theotherjonv, that Steve miller one (the joker I think) has always made me cringe. And yes, that ‘wit woo’ bit is worst!

And yes, id rather have a piece of toast song is just embarrassing. Can’t think of her name now but was it her with the eye patch?

EDIT: gabrielle?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Desree. The one with the eyepatch was Gabrielle, and she sounded like a donkey in pain…

PJM1974
    Free Member

Enya.

I did a week’s work experience on the record counter at WH Smith in 1989. Flamin’ Enya was on loop…

The scene in Dragon Tattoo where the assailant turns on his stereo to drown out the noises of Blomkvist being tortured to death had me wincing in sympathy. I’d howl like an animal in pain if I were tied up and subjected to Sail Away for hours on end.

RustySpanner

Forgot the bridge in ‘Everything I do’, the Bryan Adams mega hit.
    It sounds like it’s from a different song entirely.

_tom_
    Free Member

The slower bit near the end of Gallows’ Orchestra of Wolves ruins that song a bit.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

FeeFoo – Member

Bluuuurrrrrghhhh!

verses:
    Surely it’s about the exact opposite?!?

I.E. Being tired of women who are all looks and no content…

Which men are you thinking of that (honestly) prefer women with great personality to those with great looks?

Both would be perfect, obviously.

The song is cringingly sycophantic towards women.

dogbert
    Free Member

I worked in a record shop for a year, but as it wasn’t as independent as I would have like we were given a playlist, albums we had to play. But at certain points of the day it was staff choice, the less than intelligent assistant manager played this every sodding day:

It had that bloody “Amazing” track that people play at weddings, in fact any of those songs that bang on about just how amazing and unbelievable their women are make my bum go funny, like that Bruno Mars one, funnily enough I think that’s called Amazing too.

and don’t even get me started on people who use these as their first dance at weddings and mouth the words to each other *reaches for shotgun*

Reluctant
    Free Member

After much thought, I’d like to nominate The Eagles “Hotel Clifornia” for it’s nauseating drum work and godawful guitar solo. Closely followed by Led Zep’s “Stairway To Heaven” and anything by Abba. 😆

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘The worst bit of a song EVER’ is closed to new replies.