Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • The Work of The Devil
  • Harry_the_Spider

Those little saucer things for putting spent tea bags on.

We have one in our holiday cottage and people that I once regarded as sane, who were perfectly capable of disposing of tea bags correctly, now just leave them in little steaming piles for me to tidy away.

The Work of The Devil!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Aren’t they for tightarses who reuse teabags?

They’re not for disposal, they’re for temporary storage.

thepurist

Whatever next – some heathens might use the honey spoon for marmalade!

#PreyForHTS

perchypanther
    Free Member

A Honey spoon?  Surely you have a dibber?

Harry_the_Spider

Honey IS The Work of The Devil!

#BeeShit

convert

Are you just a kitchen user or are you detailed with cleaning from time to time?

The straight to bin brigade are in my experience more than comfortable with leaving a trail of tea stain between mug in preparation and the main kitchen bin. They do that hand under the spooned bag thing but are more than happy to shake hand dry of any spillage. The size of the pile of used bags at the end of the day is also a great indication of what a lazy arse you have been.

DezB
    Free Member

I have a little bowl for my used tea bags – I throw them away when either they go green, or the bowl overflows, whichever comes first 😀

peekay

I thought that the idea of them was to allow the tea bag to cool down and dry out before putting in the bin.
    This prevents the bin getting all damp and smelly.

richardkennerley

I thought that the idea of them was to allow the tea bag to cool down and dry out before putting in the bin.

Yep, exactly. Prevents bin sweat. Common sense idea.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Theyr’e for my Mrs, who doesn’t like strong tea so she gets 2 cups out of one bag.
    (she actually doesn’t use one but puts the once used bag in a new cup, ready for next time)

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Is it in the shape of a little teapot?

mattbee

Lets the tea bag cool down so you don’t get steam making the bin lid all damp.

perchypanther
    Free Member

If you live in a Glasgow tower block , just chuck the steaming teabag out of the kitchen window so that it splats against the render a few floors down, leaving a tell-tale stain.

That’s what all your neighbours are doing.

the-muffin-man

We have one of those little saucers – my daughter and I pile the teabags as high as we can until the wife has a mini breakdown about how we do nothing about the house. Great fun! 🙂

matt_outandabout

Is it in the shape of a little teapot?

*Looks for secret camera in kitchen*

andytherocketeer

Honey IS The Work of The Devil!

#BeeShit

#BeeSick innit?

Always use the marmite knife in the marmalade jar

#marmiteftw

Do they really make special teabag saucers?

funkmasterp

I too detest them. They occupy the same space in my mind as those knitted toilet roll covers that old people have. They just seem wrong. Unfortunately we have one and Mrs F never cleans or empties it so I have to do it even though I don’t use it 😡

DezB
    Free Member

*high fives the-muffin-man*

convert

I too detest them. They occupy the same space in my mind as those knitted toilet roll covers that old people have. They just seem wrong. Unfortunately we have one and Mrs F never cleans or empties it so I have to do it even though I don’t use it

She knows you hate it. That’s why you have one. Her filling it up and then leaving it for you to sort is the just extent of her loathing. You know how she smiles at you when you have brushed your teeth – that’s because your brush has been up her bum.

Happy to help.

funkmasterp

🤣

IdleJon

Is there any reason why they go in the bin and not in the food recycling?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah.

Thats another bin to empty innit.

#onebinforallrubbish

nealglover
    Free Member

Not all areas have food recycling. We don’t.

funkmasterp

What’s this food recycling of which you speak. Food goes in the funkmaster and he’s not chowing down on a used tea bag

tjagain

lolz @ funkmaster

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

They don’t /didn’t compost. For a long time all teabags were in part plastic (I assume once upon a time when first invented they weren’t, though I may be wrong on that and they were plastic from their inception) . Some are now biodegradable/plastic free but still not most.

Rio

They don’t /didn’t compost.

True, and yet round here they say put them in your brown compost bin. Go figure…

akira

I save my teabags up to forge old documents.

IdleJon

They don’t /didn’t compost.

I was genuinely hoping that someone wouldn’t come back with that reply. Astonished that we live in a world with non-biodegradable teabags! (Not completely etc.)

epicyclo

I thought this would be a thread about derailleurs… 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

Perchy i used yo do flat clearances in Maryhill.

Kniw what’s easier than taking yer dug fer a shite?

Chase it round the flat with newspaper let it shit on the paper. Carry paper to window and let go.

You walk across the pavement with a junkies mattress/half a weed factory to chuck in the van and turn round to see a perfectly coiled toley floating to the ground on Sindy 19 who is surprisingly knowledgeable on politics.

CountZero

I have a little bowl for my used tea bags – I throw them away when either they go green, or the bowl overflows, whichever comes first

Not so much a little bowl as a long leaf-shaped dish thing, which probably had some arcane function but is better served as a teabag receptacle until it starts to overflow, by which time the bags are dry and won’t drip everywhere when they get put in with the compostable food waste. Which isn’t much, mostly vegetable offcuts.
    The little teapot-shaped dish is what the teaspoon rests in, so it won’t leave tea stains all over the kitchen work tops.
    That was my mum’s, I haven’t the heart to stop using it.

Sandwich

Prevents bin sweat.

Also known as Farage if you’re a Johnny & The Baptists Fan

thepurist

I assume once upon a time when first invented they weren’t, though I may be wrong on that and they were plastic from their inception

#QIFact – apparently they were ‘invented’ by some tea merchant who used small silk bags to send samples of his tea to customers, but they chucked them into the pot rather than opening the bags.  (ooh it’s even on the internetz https://www.tea.co.uk/the-history-of-the-tea-bag).

Closely followed by the invention of the teapot shaped saucer, and then the word ‘teabagging’, and then the practice that followed.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Count yourself lucky the bags go into any sort of receptacle after use.

My OH delights herself by leaving a steaming wet tea bag on the worktop.

I think she was actually born in a barn and not, as claimed, a hospital.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Not so much a little bowl as a long leaf-shaped dish thing, which probably had some arcane function

Biscuit plate.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘The Work of The Devil’ is closed to new replies.