• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by paul0.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The Man Flu Discussion Thread.
  • zippykona

One week and one day into a total snot fest. Absolutely nothing is shifting it.
    Christ knows where I got it from , not mixed with anyone with the lurgy.
    Anyone else in the same boat, anyone got a magic remedy?

scotroutes

Unlucky. Like really, really unlucky. I don’t know anyone who has had flu or a cold this past year. It’s not some particularly bad hay fever?

zippykona

My eyes feel fine ,so probably not hay fever.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

A lurgy apparently went through a local primary/junior school last month in Durley, a number of teaching staff ended up staying home for a week, including a family member.

kelvin

Yup, we all had something week before last. Both my other half and our teenage son had to miss some days at school.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Anyone else in the same boat,

Yes, I came down with it last Saturday, it went from my head to my chest a few days ago and today I’ve woken up a snotty, sneezy mess again. I’ve been off work all week.

The person I caught it off was down for 2 weeks with it. Fun times.

anyone got a magic remedy?

Anything… please!

grahamt1980

Had mine for a few weeks now. Not so bad i cango running and stuff but the coughing up of green crap every morning is annoying.
    Def came from school

Drac

Went through our kids school and at home,

Wife and kids were a bit unwell, I had aches for about 12 hours.

FB-ATB

Sure it’s not cat aids?

icic
    Free Member

Lemship Max, my go to for when I’m really feeling crappy! Don’t buy the own branded stuff as they have less of the main ingredient from experience!

Other than that a shed load of sleep.

Keva
    Free Member

haven’t had any of it since last February. At first I thought it was the nasty one that was starting to spread west at the time, but it probably wasn’t.

sirromj

Yeah it was the most free of colds/man flu I’d ever been until the kids returned to pre-school. It was still better than if I’d been mixing with people at work, but week before my first night out with friends in a looooooong time and it strikes. Full of snot now.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Sounds like when I had covid.The worst thing was the green phlegm turned to white phlegm and kept coming up for six months.It also irritated my asthma.I,m sure you’ll all be fine though!😀

BoardinBob

Yip, had it here for a couple of weeks. Sniffles, green mucus being coughed up. Multiple negative PCR tests hopefully rule out covid

zippykona

Staying at a hotel. Had to stop between floors to catch my breath on the way back to our room. Mrs Zip stormed straight up.

RicB

Glad it’s not just me!!

Snotty, grotty and achy since Thursday. Had a sore throat initially but that’s gone now. Multiple lateral flow tests negative.

I wear PPE all the time at work so not quite sure how I caught it. Might have been on a group road ride last Tuesday.

Felt better yesterday but rough again today. Sounds like I’m in for 1-2 weeks of it 😔

jambourgie
    Free Member

Was talking about this the other day. Ever since this pandemic nobody has flu/colds anymore. I certainly haven’t and I get the worst Man Flu ever. I know plenty of people who claim to have had Covid, even multiple times (yeah right, chin on). But nobody has a normal cold anymore.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Had to stop between floors to catch my breath on the way back to our room.

Best of luck for later.

spekkie
    Free Member

I seem to have Hayfever this year – for the first time since 1998! And that was the first time I’d had it ever.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

But nobody has a normal cold anymore.

Myself and others in this thread would clearly disagree.

This cold for me has been the longest ever, its stuck around for about 2 weeks of a sore throat, to about 20 tonnes of snot to a chesty cough.

Not covid unless this is a new variant that escapes detection.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Tory govt for ya.

paul0
    Free Member

Had to stop between floors to catch my breath on the way back to our room.

Best of luck for later.

Indeed, and for the rest of the guests! Tricky business being ‘normal ill’ these days.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘The Man Flu Discussion Thread.’ is closed to new replies.