Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 2,117 total)
  • The F1 Thread…
  • the-muffin-man

Lewis. Make it a third.

Yep – all he needs to do now is win in a McLaren Honda! 😉

Great season, great racing – one of the best for years. And should be closer next year.

back2basics
    Free Member

congrats lewis, drove well all year, better than nico

all those conspiracy theory lewislovers look as stupid now as they always were when making those stupid statements, face it , they were treated the same, they didn’t nobble anyone, they were totally fair and above board all year.
    it seems the Germans can play it always fair even when everyone else is utterly convinced they are not and even when one of their driver’s is from Tower home country and you think they would be utterly determined to make a german driver win in a german team.
    Some Lewis fans could learn a lot in terms of how to show respect to this Great team who produced a fantastic car for lewis all year.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Tom B – Member
    Rosbergitis? Nope….used to be a Hamilton fan during his GP2 and early F1 career…nowadays as he becomes more like Puff Daddy day by day I dislike him equally to Rosberg and Vettel and any of the other media clones on the grid. My main gripe is quality of racing though….granted I haven’t caught all of this season, but what I have seen has really turned me off.

+1

Hamilton has been so americanised that he’d understand my douche bag comment. I don’t know what it means really but it finished my rant off nicely. Really want to like Hamilton because of his ‘race craft’ (cringe worthy saying) but he’s entirely dislikeable.

Rosss
    Free Member

All credit to Rosberg on how he handled that. Not a huge Lewis fan but he has driven some epic races this year.

Top season that was, and I’m a big motogp fan.

the-muffin-man

Really want to like Hamilton because of his ‘race craft’ (cringe worthy saying) but he’s entirely dislikeable.

That’s why he’s great for F1 – he divides opinions and causes headlines. Like Alonso, like Schumacher. To people outside the F1 world Rosberg barely exists, I bet most people wouldn’t be able to pick him out in a pub quiz guess who.

I’m a fan of Hamilton, have been for years. Anyone who can win in every season they’ve been in F1 has to be a bit special.

aracer
    Free Member

I think you’re going to have to point out who you’re referring to – I don’t think I’ve seen that many LH lovers on here – though plenty of haterz. Personally I’m a JB fan.

BTW Mercedes is pretty much a British team (like an awful lot of F1 teams) whoever the title sponsor and engine supplier might be.

piemonster

“A douche /?du??/ is a device used to introduce a stream of water into the body for medical or hygienic reasons”

passtherizla
    Free Member

Good point muffin man.

JCL
    Free Member

Well done to the little religious rapper! I hate to think how big the gold chains will be next year 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

passtherizla – Member
    Hamilton is a world champion spoiled little prissy, mummy’s boy, douche bag.

FIFY

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Was glad to see McLaren beat Ferrari in the last race. Now the MP4-29 can be scrapped, bring on a new era!

hora
    Free Member

Theres been a Lewis Hamilton champ sticker on my car since he won last time. His skill is smooth then fast then ragged- never complete. Just raw talent. Weird and mad that hes kept that talent for so long. In 2014 he matured. I can see a third title in 2015/2016 as a double title gives him assurance after the lost years.

Watch this space. We have a British world champion. **** -yeah. Time to get pissed

On another note – will he buy another chain? Wtf. The anti-corporate image fool 😀

boblo
    Free Member

piemonster – Member
    “A douche /?du??/ is a device used to introduce a stream of water into the body for medical or hygienic reasons”

So a ‘douche bag’ is the thing it lives in? Blimey, those pseudo Yanks really know how to hurt with their insults….

jimjam
    Free Member

What’s the score when it comes to a load of foreigners getting pissed in Dubai? Do the authorities turn a blind eye if it’s behind closed doors?

jota180
    Free Member

You can drink in hotels AFAIK

piemonster

You can drink in hotels AFAIK

GF was working there a couple of weeks ago. And yes, you can get pissed in the hotels as the subsequent FaceTime chat proved.

JCL
    Free Member

The anti-corporate image fool

The only thing worse is looking like an X Factor contestant!

andyl
    Free Member

Then his daft girlfriend let herself be filmed crossing herself and pointing at the sky (for some reason). Pah.

I think they are both quite religious (well compared to most people these days), maybe it is something they have in common aside from money and fame. Personally I think she is quite lovely.

And she kissed his helmet live on TV 😀

Well done Lewis. Seeing him in action in person over at McLaren changed my opinion of him, in a good way.

hora
    Free Member

Religion- why do some people hate someones belief?

Its not all Inquisition or ISIS

When lewis signed the camera lens BOOM!

andrewh
    Free Member

My respect for Rosberg has gone up enormously after this race, the way he has conducted himself all weekend, top bloke. Just not quite as quick.
    Just to backtrack a couple of pages to the Button discussion, you can only really compare yourself to you team-mate right? Well, Hamilton beat Alonso and Button beat Hamilton. I think Mclaren would be nuts to get rid of JB, not just in racing terms, but as Eddie Jordan kept saying over and over again he’s a great ambassedor for both Mclaren in particular and F1 in general, hopefully Honda will make them keep him, he’s big in Japan.

I’m not a Hamilton fan at all, but well done to him. I think the driver of the year has to be Ricciardo though, beating Vettel so comprehensively and being such a nice chap at the same time. Is it just me who thinks Red Bull always favoured Vettel when they knew a title was at stake, but this year they knew couldn’t win so gave the drivers equal treatment to maximise constructors points, and then Vettel threw a hissy fit about being beaten fair and square and ran away to somewhere he won’t get shown up so badly?
    Disappointment of the year, definitely Raikkonen, I wouldn’t employ him if I was running a team, far too many ‘can’t be arsed’ races.
    Great drives from both Williams drivers all year and Vergne in the second half, hope someone takes him on, Sauber maybe?

shifter
    Free Member

Agreed re Raikkonen. There’s a job for Jenson if he isn’t staying at McLaren.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

i think sauber have signed ericsson and nasr ..its been a great weekend of sport. I didnt mind whoever won today and the fact there is history between hamilton and rosberg made it more personal. Rosberg was a class act and even bringing the car home was awesome. Lewis did fully deserve the wdc and took it with both hands.

I think mercedes would be potty to break up the pair as either can win the wdc next year. Great rivalry and mutual respect. Its funny how it contrast between the end of fight interview between Cleverly and bellew. Where bellew was a lot of mouth but after the fight he sounded a pretty decent winner of which I think celverely was a bit taken back by the loss and had a loss for words / respect. Roll on 2015 and only 8 days before mclaren unveil the second worse kept secret in f1!

thepurist

JEV definitely deserves a drive next year but I think sauber will sell the seat to keep themselves afloat rather than look for talent. Or maybe McLaren could look at him alongside Alonso? Way better than Magnusson, but I’d still rather they kept with jb.

nickc

Although JB scored nearly 70% of Maclaren’s points this year; his record of 11 top ten finishes a 3rd place best compared to Magnussens’s 9 top ten and a 2nd, isn’t so impressive given the gulf of experience.

If I was running the team and had Alonso coming, then Magnussen is the obvious choice as driver 2, clearly cheaper, clearly the junior partner, and clearly in a decent car; a driver for the future

jota180
    Free Member

Ted Kravitz said he’d heard JEV was going to Williams as the 3rd driver

thepurist

The other thing McLaren will need, or rather Honda, is precise feedback and analysis of the power unit’s performance. I reckon jb would edge that over Magnusson as we all know how he can moan about the slightest thing that’s wrong 😉

mrmoofo

Jensen’s issue is how much does he cost?
    Can you get a driver that costs less?
    Or even bring sin money as personal sponsorship …

andrewh
    Free Member

JB will be ore expensive than Magnussen, probably would be an issue for a smaller team, but Mclaren-Honda?
    Would Magnussen be happy with a year as the third driver or who he go off and do Indy racing/DTM/Gts? Could he?

aracer
    Free Member

+lots. Had started to really dislike him, but very impressed at his reaction to defeat and how well he conducted himself even during the race when he knew he’d lost. The request to finish the race when he’d been told to pit was particularly impressive – you could hear the emotion in his voice.

I’d suggest that the overall points tally is a far better way to look at things than best individual result – particularly when that result was only achieved because one car retired whilst in front of him and another was DSQ after finishing in front of him. Not that you seem to be counting right – I make it 13 top ten for JB, 12 top ten for KM. But it all depends on the criteria you use – 7 out of KM’s 12 were 9th or 10th, only one out of JB’s 13 (ie 12 top 8 for JB, 5 top 8 for KM) – alternatively in races both finished JB finished ahead of KM 14 times, KM finished ahead of JB 3 times. Seems a pretty comprehensive beating to me – JB has clearly got better race results than the car deserved.

I am an admitted JB fanboi, but then as expounded by Eddie Jordan he is an extremely hard man to dislike, and as I’ve mentioned several times, he’s a lot faster than he is given credit for.

ampthill

In my opinion JB wouldn’t price himself out of a winning car

I also speculate that he has been offered drives but he hasn’t agreed as has no interest in another season with no chance of winning

The only thing he has said clearly is that he is that he will only do another season in a winning car

Aracer

Thanks for working that out. I suspected that the points told the story

boltonjon

Great & deserved result in a fantastic season – best for a long time

Hamilton was the better driver – Rosberg the better qualifier – and a top bloke for congratulating Lewis after the race

Massive respect to Williams for getting back to the sharp end and also to Red Bull for developing such a reliable car by the end of the season – as their reliability in pre-season testing was abysmal

This season has been electric – for all people saying F1 is now sh*t, then you clearly haven’t watched any races this year

More so – for all you people who dis Hamilton for the way he dresses – grow up for gods sake

He has his style and you have yours – he probably wouldn’t be seen dead in a M&S shirt, Merril trainers and beige slacks (or what ever you wear)

Let battle commence in March 🙂

slowoldman

Do you suppose they all get together and discuss who’s got the fittest girlfriend?

jota180
    Free Member

Do you suppose they all get together and discuss who’s got the fittest girlfriend?

That’d be JEV (Google Petra Silander)

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

cheekymonkey888 – Member
    Rosberg was a class act and even bringing the car home was awesome

The car had an ERS failure so was down on power but I’m pretty sure all four wheels were still in place so not that big of a deal IMO. 😆

I will miss Adrian Sutil’s delightful girlfriend next season. 😉

boltonjon

Feel free to call me shallow, but….

…..if i was an F1 driver – i wouldn’t have a girlfriend/wife

I’d be exploiting my my status to the absolute limit! 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

Didn’t do James Hunt any harm did it Boltonjon?
    I think Botas wins that competition anyway.

ampthill

Didn’t do James Hunt any harm did it Boltonjon?

😆

boltonjon

Sex – Breakfast of Champions!! 🙂

James Hunt was a legend – if only he’d laid of the booze & drugs a bit he’d have won more / lived longer

aracer
    Free Member

Good point – seemingly along with most other people I’d forgotten that. Though they were far from alone – weren’t we making bets before the first race on how few cars would finish?

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

if i was an F1 driver – i wouldn’t have a girlfriend/wife

I’d be exploiting my my status to the absolute limit!

Ever heard of a lavender marriage? 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 2,117 total)

The topic ‘The F1 Thread…’ is closed to new replies.