Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 2,117 total)
  • The F1 Thread…
  • Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

All fair points regarding Hamilton and his race-craft but he was always considered to be one of the fastest guys over a single lap so it is disappointing to see Nico qualify better than him at the last few meetings.

Maybe the reduction in driver coaching over team radio has hurt Nico more than Lewis?

dannybgoode

Lewis spoilt etc?! Brought up on a council estate, dad worked multiple jobs to fund his racing etc.

Nico on the other hand merely got to live in Monaco, fly to karting races in his dad’s plane etc.

Anyway, on to the matter at hand-come on Lewis!!

bearnecessities

8)

hora
    Free Member

Lewis takes after his Dad. A hardworker.

Pook

Zach’s screwed then eh?

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Terrific start from Hamilton. Perfection when it mattered

Tom-B
    Free Member

Awful race….turned off. This isn’t the sport that I fell in love with aged 5 back in 91.

allthepies
    Free Member

Nico engine issues…

Rorschach
    Free Member

Thats done then…..best go for a ride.

Pook

Tom b – caught rosbergitis?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Rosbergitis? Nope….used to be a Hamilton fan during his GP2 and early F1 career…nowadays as he becomes more like Puff Daddy day by day I dislike him equally to Rosberg and Vettel and any of the other media clones on the grid. My main gripe is quality of racing though….granted I haven’t caught all of this season, but what I have seen has really turned me off.

IanMunro
    Free Member

What is a ‘douche bag’?

I think it’s something Americans, or people who watch American telly all the time tend to say. It’s comical when yanks say because they’re useless at swearing. When non-yanks adopt it, what was comically bad, just becomes embarrassing.

Pook

You’ve missed some proper ding dongs then. Particular highlights include Alonso/button battles and stuff between lewis and rosberg. It’s been a great season.

JCL
    Free Member

Shite isn’t it?

Pook

No

mashiehood
    Free Member

The funny thing is that people are watching it, calling it rubbish and posting on here, still watching it. Why waste your life watching something you hate? Go do something else, ride a bike, clean the house, have a w***!

piemonster

The funny thing is that people are watching it, calling it rubbish and posting on here, still watching it. Why waste your lift something you hate? Go do something else, ride a bike, clean the house, have a w***!

It’s called Top Gear syndrome.

thepurist

Tom b youve missed some great racing this season, not necessarily for the win though. This is a bit like the tense 0 0 final after a great world cup.

mashiehood
    Free Member

One thing…. I thought the commentators said yesterday that Lewis didn’t have his family in AbDrab! Nicole and Anthony are there (unless im seeing things!)

dannybgoode

It’s funny how people look back on this sport with rose tinted glasses. 1992, Williams utterly dominant and that was a classic year apparently. 1988 and 89 McLaren again dominant. Oh I forgot, McLaren let their drivers race…

The Schumacher years, yes they were boring. 2007, great year-last year and the outsider for the title (Kimi) took it. 2008, decided on the penultimate corner and won by a point.

2010a good un. 2009 Brawn starting with a stellar car but not having the budget to develop-another nail biter.

Couple of still years with Vettel and now a stonker of a season. Great battle between NR and LH, Ricciardo showing Vettel how it’s done, return to form for Williams, stoke great rookie drives etc.

Yeah, boring this sport.

Also, funny how a British champion in most sports would have people in raptures (when Andy Murray eventually) but there are so many Lewis haters!

mashiehood
    Free Member

haters will hate, no point trying to justify anything…..

mashiehood
    Free Member

delighted for Lewis, well done chap.

theotherjonv

Had to go out for a bit. Not a big fan, nor an expert but interested in the closeness of the occasion. What happened to rosberg that when I come back he’s no longer competitive?

aracer
    Free Member

LH was asked in the press conference after qualifying whether he had any family here and he said no apart from a couple of cousins, so the misinformation isn’t down to the commentators. Maybe they hadn’t told him they were coming?

thepurist

throtherjohnv… Justice, that’s what happened

lazybike
    Free Member

Great drivers, great cars…shit racing.

Klunk
    Free Member

well done lewis

aracer
    Free Member

theotherjonv – you mean Rosberg today? Had a power unit failure – originally lost ERS (the electric bit) but it seemed to get worse than that.

I absolutely disagree with those who complain the racing was rubbish – today or this season. Granted not the most thrilling today, but a lot better than it’s been at AD in the past, and there were some quite interesting battles further down the field and some overtaking. This season has been great with lots more overtaking than I can remember.

nickc

Great stuff. Sad to see Rosberg finish the season on such a low.

Double world champ!! well done Lewis 😀

jairaj

Well done Lewis. What a great season long battle. Nico came across very well in the post race interview too.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Bit crap for Jenson if that’s his career done. No big send off, just a stroll into the sunset.

LH got a grip of that race and showed his class. Nice one.

Pigface
    Free Member

Dear God just heard Nicole Shirtslinger interviewed 😯 came across as a total airhead. Lewis dump her and get a good lass who likes a kebab 😳

Klunk
    Free Member

you’ve only just noticed ! 😯

jota180
    Free Member

F1 – British world champ
    GP2 – British world champ
    GP3 – British world champ

Well done all

jota180
    Free Member

That just sounded like Alonso confirming McLaren

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It was all going so well right up to the end of the interview and then he said he thanked god.

Then his daft girlfriend let herself be filmed crossing herself and pointing at the sky (for some reason). Pah.

hora
    Free Member

Awesome. Top girlfriend too. See hrr face? Worry etched. She looks after herself. Most Brit women plaster makeup onto an alcohol/fat enriched body 😀

hora
    Free Member

Lewis. Make it a third.

Nico was class going up to congratulate Lewis.

slowoldman

I agree it’s not just about who wins. There has been some great racing all year throughout the field.

I’m chuffed to bits for Williams this year.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 2,117 total)

The topic ‘The F1 Thread…’ is closed to new replies.