Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • The Expanse Season 5 – Landing near you on 16th December
  • fossy

Season 5 back on the 16th December with three Episodes.

Can’t wait, just as Mando and Discovery are coming to their Finales.

stumpyjon

Great, liked The Expanse, forgot about Discovery, that’s tonight’s viewing sorted.

funkmasterp

Looking forward for to it but just found out they’re stopping at series six. That’s going to mean it not being tied up at all or rushed to a naff conclusion. Will probably still watch and hope somebody else picks it up

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ji
    Free Member

That’s going to mean it not being tied up at all or rushed to a naff conclusion.

I dont think so – there is a natural break in the story at book 6 which is where they are going to end the TV show. And the writers of the book have hinted that this is just a pause and they will look to do the last three books at some point in the future.

johndrummer
    Free Member

Series 1 & possibly 2 were on Netflix, then some other buggers picked it up, so I haven’t seen beyond that.
    Any chance if it ever coming back to Netflix or say SyFy channel?
    I’ll be damned if I’m taking out yet another subscription just for one show

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure it was originally syfy, who cancelled it and amazon picked it up. Luckily I’ve got inlaws login to watch it on prime.

Very much looking forward to Expanse.

Discovery on the other hand…got about 3.5 episodes into current series but I just can’t watch any more.

kimbers

Any chance if it ever coming back to Netflix or say SyFy channel?

Unlikely, scifi cancelled it but Bezos intervened personality & Amazon bought it

My only issue is that its coming week by week & not in one big dump!

mrchrispy

Is Discovery still doing 15 minute long Klingon monologs?
    For that reason I was out.

cookeaa

Is Discovery still doing 15 minute long Klingon monologs?
    For that reason I was out.

Oh they’re a long way (and time) from that now…

I have to say it’s feeling a bit disjointed/rambling at present. But they’re also trying very hard to trigger all the incel interweb trolls, it’s great!

montgomery
    Free Member

I’ll be damned if I’m taking out yet another subscription just for one show

I took out a trial just to get at Season 4 – but ended up staying for ‘The Boys’…

eyestwice
    Free Member

What’s Mando? I’m looking for a new sci-fi series to watch but not heard of that.

eyestwice
    Free Member

Ah, Disney+?

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve got all the books to date if anyone fancies buying them, postage costs will be horrendous i imagine though

argee

Will be good to see this again, will need to start watching some of the mandolorian again, i do struggle with it a bit though but think that’s due to the way the seasons are delivered, i did try Discovery, but it was just weird, was a bit too much all about one character, the storyline went weird as well and they kind of shit all over the other timelines and stories as it’s meant to be set before kirk’s stuff, but seems to bring plots in that really shouldn’t be.

johndrummer
    Free Member

Latest series of Discovery has gone back to one story per episode, as per the Star Trek norm, rather than one long series-wide rambling storyline. Some common threads throughout though.

Haven’t seen The Mandalorian. Damned if I’m buying a subscription to Disney just for one show

sirromj

Seeing as the thread had diverged into all manner of sci-fi shows: I really want more Altered Carbon.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Wasn’t loving season 2 of altered carbon, but watched the anime (called Resleeved) and was very impressed. Great animation, a good story and some intense ultraviolence!

funkmasterp

Good to hear that they might be finishing The Expanse at a later date, thanks for that info @ji. Don’t recall anything getting resolved from the overall arc by the sixth book so a reread might be in order. I just wish they’d hurry up with the final book. The guy that plays Alex won’t be in the last series either because dirty sex pest.

Altered Carbon is an odd one. I loved the cyberpunk meets noir feel of the first novel and Kovacs was a great antihero/bad arse. TV Kovacs is a sappy lovelorn puppy and the world is a lot blander. Think they messed up the character.

andylc
    Free Member

Enjoyed altered carbon but even towards the end of the first series it was getting a bit tenuous, far too much about the ridiculous obsession of his sister. Didn’t get on the with season 2 but maybe worth going back to…

Poopscoop

Will they release all the series on 16th or is it 1ep a week guys? Love the Expanse.

BruceWee

There was the big time jump between the sixth and seventh book but I’m not sure that anything felt particularly resolved at the end of it.

Saying that, they could probably come up with their own ending which I’m not sure if I’m OK with.

kimbers

Will they release all the series on 16th or is it 1ep a week guys? Love the Expanse.

1 a week I’m afraid 😭

sandwicheater

Anyone have any info on the final book in the series?

Is it coming along/to be released soon?

Poopscoop

One a week eh? I think I’ll watch them fortnightly then. Then it’s the equivalent length of a movie every 2 weeks.😁

Used to do that with The Walking Dead.

Also a bump as it’s the 16th today.

fossy

Episodes 1-3 Available TODAY

martinhutch

Latest series of Discovery has gone back to one story per episode, as per the Star Trek norm, rather than one long series-wide rambling storyline. Some common threads throughout though.

Does feel like they’re wasting the blank canvas of the time jump though. First half of the series was spent trying to get in touch with the most boring Federation admiral in history, now they have a five minute scene every episode where they try to persuade said admiral to let them do something, he either agrees, or disagrees, at which point someone does it anyway. Been a poor series in comparison with the first two.

Poopscoop

fossy
    Episodes 1-3 Available TODAY

Great stuff!

longmover
    Free Member

Watched the first episode last night and really enjoyed it.

montgomery
    Free Member

Really like the way they’re showing how spatial (dis)orientation might work in zero gee.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Loved the first three episodes. I wasnt season 4s biggest fan but this seems back to business.

Agree with some posters above re altered carbon, season 1 far better than 2, even with the Falcon playing Kovac.

Brill to have decent new sci fi to watch

sandwicheater

That’s tonight’s TV sorted.

Poopscoop

I’ll be watching the last episode of series 4 to remind me what’s going on, then ep1 of series 5 tonight.

Then latest 2 episodes tomorrow night.

I feel like escaping to a planet far away at the moment.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I loved the books I read a long time ago so went to watch the first expanse on TV and noticed the first series only had 9 episodes and wiki says it should have ten so haven’t bothered to start it. Shame as I bet its good.

budgierider67

I love the little joke with the chef in episode 4.

Klunk
    Free Member

god this is getting tedious…. “the council of **** elrond all over again”

crazyjenkins01

I’m a happy-chappy, Liking the separated story arcs of Expanse Season 5, and American Gods season 3 started this week! What a treat!

fadda

So, having read all of the books, I’d like to start watching the expanse series – is it only available on amazon prime, or can I get it somewhere else…?

Might have to join prime on a free 30 day trial, and download everything otherwise….

thols2

can I get it somewhere else…?

Poopscoop

Watching latest 2 episodes tonight with a beer.

Looking forward to it. Yes, im sad.😁

Poopscoop

Was almost just going to just quote my post above as I’m doing the same right now.lol

Anyone still watching it? Still some of the best SF I’ve seen in a series for a while.

I notice Snowpiercer S2 has started too. It took a while to get going but progressed well and ended with a great cliffhanger.👍

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘The Expanse Season 5 – Landing near you on 16th December’ is closed to new replies.