• This topic has 67 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

in the cinemas today

who’s going to watch it?

*is a little bit excited*

the_lecht_rocks

we are 🙂

batman begins last night.

dark knight tonight.

TDKR tomorrow……….

chris nolan is a genius.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m REALLY hoping that one or two of my patients decide they still want to go to the cinema this afternoon and watch it, fingers crossed they let me know before 10:30 so i can try and get the last couple of un-booked seats as it’d be great to watch it before people get out of work this evening and start posting all over facebook and twitter about it

sniff
    Free Member

Bonus points if you can spot the bits shot in Scotland. Just a pity they didnt get permission to land on the A9!

pomona
    Free Member

I went to see it today.
    Good film and doesn’t deserve the panning it’s had from some critics. The last one was the best of the trilogy but (IMHO) this one is a close second.

PrinceJohn

Seeing tomorrow lunchtime…

Thanks to Prometheus my expectations have been lowered.

Watched Batman Begins last Friday, watching The Dark Knight tonight…

Hardly a critical panning…

t-obias
    Free Member

Watched it this morning. Great film, thoroughly enjoyed it.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I’m watching it at the O2 tonight. Can not wait.

Only neg comments that I have heard is that bane is difficult to understand.

But another said he is so scary you don’t actually have to hear the words to know the sentiment!

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Off to see it this afternoon. Should be good, but I’m always a bit hesitant to see big films on the opening night because the cinema will generally be packed with braying human livestock that can tend to spoil the experience…

speed12
    Free Member

Booked in at the IMAX at Crawley tomorrow night – properly excited! I’ve had to stop myself reading the Empire (or any other reviews) as want to go in completely un-blemished of how I think it will be (although we all know it will be ace!).

nomakoman
    Free Member

got today and tomorrow off work (cinema 😉 ) to avoid the nutters going in droves to see it early…in fact im dreading wednesday!

igrf
    Free Member

philconsequence – Member
    i’m REALLY hoping that one or two of my patients decide they still want to go to the cinema this afternoon and watch it, fingers crossed they let me know before 10:30 so i can try and get the last couple of un-booked seats as it’d be great to watch it before people get out of work this evening and start posting all over facebook and twitter about it

If you’ll excuse me the impertinence Mr Consequence, but what kind of patients are they, my mind quite boggles at the potential outcome if they were of the er what can I say ‘disturbed’ variety?

Just asking.

philconsequence
    Free Member

psychiatric patients, adult males with schizophrenia and other schizo type disorders 🙂 all living in the community

z1ppy

got tickets booked for the giant screen in brum (ex-imax), not till Thursday though. YAY!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Seeing it in a few hours at my local cinema. Can’t wait.

Not sure where the idea that critics have panned it have come from. I’ve only read one sniffy review and that was from the Daily Mail (who gave Katy Perry’s movie 4 stars out of five).

soma_rich
    Free Member

21:00 tomorrow!! Extremely excited!

philconsequence
    Free Member

2:20 this afternoon with a patient, seats booked and everyfink.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

[Edited – please don’t put plot spoilers in – Mod]

😐

richmtb

[Edited – please don’t put plot spoilers in – Mod]

I know imagine Vader being Luke’s father

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Well, I’ve not long been back after seeing it this afternoon. For what it’s worth, I was absolutely blown away by it. A perfect finale to the trilogy.

A far more complete and enthralling film than the Dark Knight IMO. An epic if ever there was one.

muggomagic

I went to watch it this morning. I thought it was great. One of those that you want to go straight back in and watch it again.

forgotmename
    Free Member

Its very good, the best one so far imho.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Just back. A bit predictable. Far too long. But very good despite that. Worth seeing IMO

Kevevs
    Free Member

Sorry, it’s a grown man that dresses up like a bat to fight crime. It’s stupid.

nowthen
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

So says someone on a website for ageing middle class men who dress up in baggy shorts and ride bikes around in the mud all weekend

emac65
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

So says someone on a website for ageing middle class men who dress up in baggy shorts and ride bikes around in the mud all weekend

😀

emac65
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

enjoyed it muchly

my enjoyment was slightly diminished by having my patient eat half my popcorn, ask questions most of the way through etc lol, mrsconsequence wants to see it though so i’ll happily go to the cinema again 🙂

nolan doing a superman film though…. i didn’t like batman before the nolan films and i don’t really like superman, but that trailer made me want to go see it 8)

fervouredimage
    Free Member

😆

PrinceJohn

Nolan is only producing man of steel, Zach synder is directing… So I’m expecting an amazing film to look at… The flying sequence reminded me of Chronicle…. Looks like we are starting a journey that will end with a jla movie..

samuri
    Free Member

Watched it tonight. It started slow and didn’t get a lot better. It’s alright, but struggled a bit in places. Hathaway isn’t a great actress in this film but she sure looks good in a PVC catsuit. I’m assured by mrs Samuri that Mr Bale looks equally good in the film. 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

I enjoyed it, a few clunky bits but good entertainment. Bane is a class baddy and I thought Hathaway did ok looks good, had the femme fatale thing going on a treat.

p7rich
    Free Member

Wife dragged me to see it yesterday. Can’t tolerate Christian Bale for a second. On the upside – cinema very comfy so slept through most of it. 🙂

wors

I watched it last night, thought it was pretty good.

PrinceJohn

I would like to welcome the haters to the thread, the type of people who actually probably enjoyed it but aren’t man enough to admit it.

mcboo
    Free Member

I cant quite put into words how much I hated this film.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Can’t tolerate Christian Bale for a second.

This.

I loved the Tim Burton depiction of batman last decade, or was it before? Anyway, I’m a bit picky with my movies so I gave the first (bale) batman film as 6-10. The second 6-10. The third 6-10. Watched inglorious basterds again 2 days ago, now that’s a 9-10 film

kimbers

Thought it was very good, did fell a bit drawn out in the middle and acting couldve been better in places- hatahaway!
    cast was generally ace and i thought 3rd rock kid is great grown up though i could see his storyline coming a mile off!

but very enjoyable, not the happiest film ever

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ is closed to new replies.