Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • The cycling community never ceases to amaze me!!!!
  • charlierevell
    Free Member

Well I was out on my Tuesday training ride with some friends…. went up Monument hill in Wellington (Which the tour will climb on stage 4) about a mile or so up the road, starting the climb I got stopped by a chap in a car asking if I knew where the Tour was heading locally.

Having ridden the tour ride on sunday I stopped for a quick chat and left my friends to head on up the climb. Mentioned Id done the ride and the best place to see it locally was at the top of said hill as it gets twisty and stupidly steep, if its wet it should be a great place to see some fun riding!

Left him to it and went off up the hill, clatter clatter snap and my mech hanger snapped putting it thru my brand new 50mm Carbon Dura Ace's spoke and snapping the chain….

Said chap saw this stopped and reversed up with a tool kit, when i pointed out the mech had gone ping, he put my bike in the car, took me to the top of the hill to tell my friends what had happened and then drove me the 10 mile journey home!!!!!!!!!

What an amazing chap! I live in completely the wrong direction from his journey AND he still had 40 odd miles to get home!

Cheers Paul!!!

Im just working out if I can be back at the top of that climb to look for him with a bottle of something to say thank you as the tour passes!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

charlierevell
    Free Member

Oh dear…. same response as my Facebook friends! Thanks…

sweepy
    Free Member

well I think its nice, renews faith in human nature and such 🙂

nbt

Is that Dave? I've a got a chap here called Greg who would like to meet you….

nbt

But seriously, yes, it's nice to see someone being so altruistic

Jamie
    Free Member

he took me to the top of the hill

Is that code?

MrNutt
    Free Member

That was damn decent of him…

Did you give him a protein shake as a thank you?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Oh dear oh dear…

Kevevs
    Free Member

yay! Nice person OMG!

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

went up Monument hill in Wellington

Well if you head for known dogging spots dressed in lycra is it any wonder you get picked up by strange men 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Some people are nice. Many are indifferent. Some are nasty like Ernie Lynch.

hora
    Free Member

TBH if anyone saved my climbing up a hill I'd bury my head into their lap. Disgusted with your behaviour OP. Really, you could least have offered.

On a different note, wallet-ouch! but someone has a lot of good karma coming his way :mrgreen:

molgrips
    Free Member

STW never ceases to amuse me 🙂

To the op – nice story, but expect joshing on here 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

reversed up with a tool kit

How big was it?

😉

Tiger6791

Well I was out

Id done the ride

some fun riding!

reversed up with a tool kit

took me to the top of the hill

look for him with a bottle of something

euphamism after euphamism after euphamism and so on…..

hora
    Free Member

Reminds of Electro Six, the Gaybar where one is stroking anothers tool..

IHN

I was once driving home when I saw a chap pushing his bike along with a puncture. I stopped, offered him a lift, he accepted, so we slung the bike in the back of the car and I drove him home.

It's nice to be nice 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I was once driving home when I saw a chap pushing his bike along with a puncture. I stopped, offered him a lift, he accepted, so we slung the bike in the back of the car and I drove him home.

Not one obvious double entendre….dammit!

Pook

didn't you offer him a little pump first?

IHN

I chose my words carefully 🙂

We did have sex in his kitchen though.

Tiger6791

Might be code?

rOcKeTdOg

I saw electric 6 play gaybar live, most violent gig I've ever been to

Jamie
    Free Member

IHN:

I chose my words carefully

We did have sex in his kitchen though.

Perfect setup and execution. Kudos.

hora
    Free Member

I saw electric 6 play gaybar live, most violent gig I've ever been to

Were men 'hurting' each other?

IHN

Perfect setup and execution

That's what he said 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

That's what he said 😀

Marks off for that i'm afraid.

IHN

Marks off for that i'm afraid.

That's what he said 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

latest film to hit the box office

😉

Jamie
    Free Member

That's what he said

RealMan
    Free Member

Brilliant, firestarter

😆

sharki
    Free Member

Nice Charlie.
    What comes around will go around.

I was once driving along the A358 and saw a chap pushing a ladden bike. It turned out he'd tried to ride on a flat for to far and eventually wrecked the tyre then rim, he actually had no rim left and had got to the stage of wearing away to spoke ends hence now walking. I learnt he had still had about 12miles to go(chard). My parents lived 5 mins away, so i told him to keep walking and to wait in the next layby,hoping he'd understood me as he was foreign and spoke little English, i headed off to get a wheel for him. i fitted it for him, pumped up the tyre and made sure the gears worked waved him off.

As a cyclist it only seems natural to offer to help others out if possible, i'd like to think they'd do the same for.

You'll take that experience with you on every ride Charlie and help out a fellow rider if you could. It's in you nature to do so anyway i know.

RealMan
    Free Member

he actually had no rim left

Did he now.. 😯

😉

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You! I've got something to put in you!

Great album.

Now, apart from the 'Homme' amusements, I don't really see a problem with this. As Sharki says, as a cyclist, I like to help cyclists.

I once found a fella on Mendip that had gashed his leg open and had to be air-ambulanced out. I took his bike to my house and looked after it for a few days till he could meet me and I handed it back. No big deal.

RealMan
    Free Member

I took his bike to my house and looked after it for a few days

How did it handle?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Be good to folk on the way up; you'll meet them on the way down.

Jamie
    Free Member

Be good to folk on the way up; you'll meet them on the way down.

If only life was really that way…..

bakey

Stopped and gave a spare tube to a bloke at Llandegla, who didn't bother to say thanks…

I'll still keep helping out where I can though

Jamie
    Free Member

Stopped and gave a spare tube to a bloke at Llandegla, who didn't bother to say thanks…

I would have knifed his tyre…….

…..or at least wee on his shoes.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Poor Charlierevell. Comes on here to say something nice about somone being nice to him, and it descends into peurile smut and innuendo. 🙁

Ah well…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘The cycling community never ceases to amaze me!!!!’ is closed to new replies.