Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 253 total)
  • The bimble thread.
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Ok, so I like to pork pie munching bit 😆

Alpha1653

Whilst the use of strava is somewhat anachronistic with a bimble, I’m quite proud to say that on one segment today I unwittingly achieved 7,337th place out of 7,422. I aspire to be last on an unknown segment on my next outing.

wicki
    Free Member

This thread has saved me, I was seriously considering moving on due to being a serial bimbler and no where Gnar enough for this forum and after the depressing state of the political threads.

Intrigued as to the idea of a fat bimble bike are they quite the thing for bimbleing?

ahwiles
    Free Member

Fitness first…

Fitness, fitness a whole pie into my mouth…

NormalMan

Maybe he meant fit this first?

😆 😉

NormalMan

wicki – Member

Intrigued as to the idea of a fat bimble bike are they quite the thing for bimbleing?

Not necessarily. Any bike will do.
    However, my 20 mile bimble on Friday was on my 29er and so good was that bimble I repeated it on Saturday on the fat bike.

Saturday was better. YMMV.

OCB
    Free Member

I can’t speak highly enough of my Wald basket / cargo net combo.

😛

mountainman

Seriously jealous of those pork pies of distinction,have limited choice of Tesco’s own ,only here as the Irish don’t seem to appreciate the finer taste of a good pie n branston or mustard.

But seriously, what flask for trail riding bimbledom?.. I want the uber riding flask

A good stainless steel one ,had mine for last 10 years,looks battered but does the job.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Cram it in.

superleggero
    Free Member

Excellent choice of pie there Mr Woppit, the same as on my bimbling adventures – Dickenson & Morris of Melton Mowbray.

This thread just keeps getting better.

dknwhy

Is this the bimbling lunchbox of choice?

RustySpanner

No idea.
    Could you put something next to it for scale?

I’m limited on food carrying capacity as I only have an 8 litre bar bag.
    Once the picnic blanket and tin opener are packed, there’s hardly enough room for a full roast chicken as it is.

Moses

ALpha, anyone who is still same afte3 hours of Cribbs deserves at least two bibles.
    Where did you explore? Any good?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Love to bimble on the road bike….
    Flat pedals (yup)
    MTB baggies (yup)
    Camelbak with snacks and flask (yup)
    Proper old school OS Map (yup) 😀

Pickers

I aspire to be last on an unknown segment on my next outing.

Now there’s a challenge right there

russl
    Free Member

Dickinson and Morris, the mother of all pork pies, fine choice sir. The fact that you have remembered to pack a knife on a bike ride marks you down as seriously bimblecore!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I am the Queen of Bimble – I could bimble for England. I bimble between geocaches, bimble to Sunday lunch, bimble to the local brewery, bimble just for the sake of bimbling.
    (I wonder if I should confess to being unable to actually go any faster?)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sat down at the Box Hill cafe (notorious roadie hangout) next to a couple of roadies discussing the merits of various healthy food options for riding. Stirred three sugars into my large black americano and took a slurp. When they actually began comparing the effectiveness of different energy gels, I then (ahem) whipped it out and got stuck in..

Happy days.

Alpha1653

Moses, funny you should say that, I’ve been granted another outing on Wednesday night around Ashton Court. 🙂

As for today’s ride, it was a short explore round where I live on the ring road up near Pomphrey Hill. I didn’t find much until I was riding back and came across a couple of guys doing some maintenance on some jumps I’d never seen before. Turns out there’s a not insignificant jump spot about 5 minutes from my house. I’d never have found it if I was head down and riding normally!

slowoldman

Ha, Sigg lunch box. Exactly what I use for my pork pie and cake.

Alpha1653

Pickers – Member
    I aspire to be last on an unknown segment on my next outing.

Now there’s a challenge right there

It’s the very antithesis of Strava!

Stedlocks
    Free Member

What is this ‘jump spot’ that you speak of? Is that like dogging? It’s tricky to get air at less than 10mph…..

Alpha1653

Fear not, I said I ‘found’ a jump spot not ‘rode’ the jump spot. I gingerly bumbled past it a few times, got intimidated by the scaffold structure roll-in thing and decided to leave it for others much younger than myself. So I went home and had a warm mince pie and a cup of earl grey whilst watching last week’s Planet Earth II.

Moses

The essence of bimbling! Find a jump spot & avoid it. 🙂

neilthewheel

^Saturday’s bimble took me past this abandoned quarry, with lots of little paths and drop-ins….so I admired it and went on my way!

wicki
    Free Member

Today was so cold I failed to bimble ….sorry about that ill try harder.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Went for a 12 mile bimble along the canal 🙂

NormalMan

Was reading this today:
    http://surlybikes.com/blog/post/permission_granted

Couldn’t help but think this quote fitted this thread:

It’s ok not to be the fastest, or ride the furthest. You don’t need to turn yourself inside out. You are not required to conquer whole continents on your bicycle

jekkyl

You know I never even considered taking a flask on a bike ride before, and I LOVE coffee.

We need to get this in the mag, who fancies writing a sub? wiv pictours and everythink.

faustus

Just realised I have a bimblewagon. My town bike is pure utility, and I only ever ride it in ‘normal’ clothes, never gps tracked, around and about town. Love riding it because it’s a decent ride and very practical, and often take a longer route there or back home. Love the Wald basket too, and have a king of ding bell just out of sight.As it is often used to go into town for coffee and cake it fulfils the ‘more calories consumed than burned’ mantra…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PuhQ53]Bimblewagon[/url] by Matthew Walker, on Flickr

RustySpanner

That’s lovely.
    Spot on.
    🙂

Nice shed as well.
    No door drop. Classy.

sargey

Are night time bimbles allowed?
    If so I shall be bimbleing around kinver and Enville tonight with the rear suspension locked out on my bimble poon.

I may unlock it to drop off a kerb.

faustus

Thanks…and it means the (slight overkill) M755 4 pot brake lives on, braided hose and all.

ahwiles
    Free Member

sargey – Member
    Are night time bimbles allowed?

why spoil the ride by imposing rules on yourself?

‘bimble’ is a state of mind.

I am a bimbler, therefor i bimble.

RustySpanner

Absolutely.
    You can’t cage a dream.

It’s not where you’re from, it’s where you’re at.
    And which tea shop you stopped at on the way.

fin25
    Free Member

Bimbletron 1. – For bimbling – notice the panniers in the background, for cakes. I’m thinking of adding a B.O.B. style trailer, for pies, as the weight of me and my cakes keeps bending the back wheel.

Bimbletron 2. – For bimbling, where bimbletron 1 cannot go.

Bimbletron 3. – For bimbling, where Bimbletrons 1 & 2 cannot go.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Any Brighton Bimblers in the house?

Now that im officially outed as a bimbler, I may as well enjoy a leisurely ride atop the downs with a proud like minded associate or 2.

More than 2 of us makes a club. T-shirts will follow.

sandwicheater

@fin25, are those stickers on the on-one or a painting? Me likes, can i have a close up?

dougiedogg
    Free Member

No pies in N.I unfortunately, but bacon sandwiches are a great substitute. I like this bimbling idea.

fin25
    Free Member

@fin25, are those stickers on the on-one or a painting? Me likes, can i have a close up?

Bunch of stickers off of ebay, just bought a job lot then stuck them randomly all over the top and seat tube. Done it as a bit of a theft deterrent really, rather than for looks.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘The bimble thread.’ is closed to new replies.