Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 253 total)
  • The bimble thread.
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Out on the road bike today for an enforced bimble due to ice. Some verrrry slow descending and cornering. 😀

kayla1
    Free Member

I too also have a new flask- black earl grey ahoy! I enjoyed a mooch out the other morning down to the coastal path for a cuppa and a glyph of the sunrise 😀

durhambiker
    Free Member

Off out now for a spot of bimblocross over to the National Cycling Centre to grab a bell from Evans Cycles. Essential bimble accessory for trips along the canal in search of pubs worth visiting.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I noticed those little clip-on-the-brake-cable bells in Evans earlier this week – lovely and loud ping emitted from them.
    If I hadn’t been treated to one of the uber pricey niche bells for xmas I would’ve snapped one up.

faustus

Have a great bimble ride planned for Sunday. Pootle to a bothy in Wales with a mate, have a brew and a chat, pootle back again. Not that much off road, not very far, not at all fast, but very nice indeed. Will post a pic of this radness…at some point.

EDIT – on the subject of bells i’m tempted by a posh timber one for the bikepacking ‘rig’. I don’t like the pitch of cheap little pingers you see…

slimjim78
    Free Member

There’s clearly a gap in the market for a bimbell..

kayla1
    Free Member

Badoom-tish.

NormalMan

faustus – Member

on the subject of bells i’m tempted by a posh timber one for the bikepacking ‘rig’. I don’t like the pitch of cheap little pingers you see…

I have the original Q/R one and just bought the clamp type one now, which eliminated the one issue I’d had with my original one.

Either way. I’d recommend one.

russl
    Free Member

Just made my pack up for tomorrow’s bimble, riding from my house to explore a new area of muddy bridleways and tracks with an OS map, lunch highlight is going to be a huge chunk of Christmas cake!

epicyclo

Skankin_giant – Member
    …Schwalbe Big Apples were not easy to get on and I think I need to put some 700CC tubes in as my 29er ones are blowing off the tyre at 30psi…

I usually run mine (2.35″) at 20psi. On rough tarmac and gravel that rolls really well.

fin25
    Free Member

Have recently found that my bars on my fat bike were a little too low, which seriously hampered my view whilst bimbling.

Have remedied the situation with some bars off of a giant’s BMX.

Not sure the 17 degree backsweep is bimblecore enough.

russl
    Free Member

Don’t forget to pack your pork pie knife, you’ve left it on the table!

fin25
    Free Member

That’s my patented ESI chunky removal tool.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I usually run mine (2.35″) at 20psi. On rough tarmac and gravel that rolls really well.

Good to know, thanks! My bimble build is doing just that….. managed to rig up something for the shifter which will be anything but rapid… just waiting until my hand is free to set the hoods and wrap the bars, might go for a shorter stem as well…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QKTVg7]15625760_10154178227513225_3543221914898610862_o[/url] by Stephen Williams, on Flickr

Cheers, Steve

core

I was slightly hung over this morning, so didn’t do much, but had an invite for late lunch at the parents. Also needed an antidote to the gnar yesterday, took my new bike for an uplift day at the 417 project.

So, same bike, mk2 Solaris, today minus the dropper, and plus my wildcat/alpkit seat bag arrangement with spare clothes, tools and crap.

Points for anyone who can correctly guess location.

7.5 miles, 90% on road, about an hour, I think.

roverpig

Went for a bimble exploring the XC ski trails at Clashindarroch. There was no snow I hasten to add. If there had been I’d leave these trails to the skiers who made them. But no point letting them go to waste while we wait for the white stuff, so I packed the flask and set off to bimble.

buckster
    Free Member

More of a plodder myself in fact. But, my last ride was definitely a bimble with a plod or two en route. It is a thoroughly relaxing past time. First ride since early December when the flu bug hit too. In my books, a plod is either a. getting off and pushing or b. slowing to the point of walking/aimlessly drifting which I suppose verges on the bimble. That said, I see a bimble as a collective for a length dependent collection of plods. Might be over thinking this.

EDIT: @Core, that looks like some gnarly singletrack you’re taking on there fella, you be careful out there 😀

komainu
    Free Member

What an awesome thread!
    I’ve missed bimbling. Currently waiting upon a new wheelset from Superstar components to get the Vagabond back on the road.

Here she is sharing a rum after a bimble excursion.

And one for #carryshitolympics!

NormalMan

I haven’t been too well since 2017 started! So here is my last bimble in 2016:

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Need to get this cast off so I can start to bimble…… fingers crossed they don’t mug me off again tomorrow….. managed to do more work…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/R2XsS4]DSCF7891[/url] by Stephen Williams, on Flickr

Cheers, Steve

AntLockyer
    Free Member

I’m not sure I quite fit in as I didn’t take anything with me, but as a way of trying to get out on my bike and enjoy our new surroundings (lived here 13 months and rode 3 times) I decided to follow the canal until I didn’t want to anymore then follow it home again.

I saw some sort of Ibis or Impala in the wild animal park. I waved, it stared.

14 miles, 2 hours, 157ft of elevation gain

ahwiles
    Free Member

bimble-tastic!

core

@buckster You’d be surprised my friend, that dead level and straight singletrack had been a bit churned up by equestrian bimblers, I had to slow to a real bimblecore 3mph I’d say. Oh, that and the fact I was riding one handed taking photo’s….. Sketchy times.

roverpig

I decided to follow the canal until I didn’t want to anymore

The true essence of bimbling 🙂

Ps. Get well soon NM.

NormalMan

Thanks RP

buckster
    Free Member

@Core, one handed you say, hm, …impressive skills, could this be ‘free-bimbling’ in action? You sir are a pioneer of free-bimbling, Red Bull beckons. Perhaps the first ever BimBage could be held on Wimbledon Common 🙂

Just looking at my route from the 5th on view ranger, no pictures due to the desire to at least keep going preventing me to go through the aggro of unclipping and getting my camera out, but a very leisurely ride…

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

I know that pedantry is not in the spirit of bimbling, but animal spotting surely is.

I saw some sort of Ibis or Impala in the wild animal park. I waved, it stared.

Ibis

Impala

core

Maybe he could only just see over the hedge, and presumed one or the other was not in its usual orientation? Those horns and that beak look quite similar to me…..

nedrapier

my new/old Bimble Thimble:

Needs bottle/flask cages. And possibly a front rack/bag and trouser guard too.

There’s room for at least 38c in the fork and the seatstays, but probably 32c absolute tops in the chainstays. I’ll just have to go slower over the bumpy bits.

nedrapier

dp. woopsy daisy.

AntLockyer
    Free Member

What a doofus. With some research it was an Axis deer I saw. Quite worryingly from the map it appeared to be in the carnivore section.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Accessories for the more civilised bimbler.

STW points for John Lewis too.

[/url]

roverpig

I’ve been trying to perfect the art of the winter night-time bimble. It’s a tricky one as the weather is often too crappy to stop and enjoy a brew, so the temptation is to stick my head down and try to hammer round as fast as possible. But this year I’ve been trying to slow it right down, smell the smells and listen to the (scary) noises in the forest. Turning the lights right down seems to help too. Still not cracked it though, so would be interested to hear any other tales of night-time bimbling.

roverpig

Bimbling in a Winter Wonderland 🙂

RustySpanner

Evening bimblers.

Quick bimble from Dinorwic down to Caernarfon, following the old railway line and some single track roads.

There was bacon, coffee and we met a very famous goat, the mascot of the local MRT, no less.
    Tried to eat my pannier, the horny little sod, but nice to meet the local celebs.

A combination of last night’s whisky and Mrs S learning how her new gears work resulted in an average speed of 6.8 mph
    🙂

Beat that and stay fashionable.

Poopscoop

This thread needs reviving!

Over biked, under skilled, over weight.

Immediate Bimble material!

No mud guards but do have saddle bag fitted. 😀

oink1
    Free Member

Well fellow bimblers, the weather is on the up & this thread is severely lacking in new content 😯 Whats occurring fellow riders of the fat rubber??

Poopscoop

Does it have to be fat rubber? 🙂

nedrapier

28c on wide touring rims any good? Full guards, rack and pannier if that helps!

Swim at Guildford Lido yesterday, back lanes home via The White Hart for lunch and ale, The Dog and Pheasant for a glass of rosé, and The Fox and Pelican for more rosé, ‘cos once you’ve started…

First pic is actually from a bimble to Winkworth Arboretum and The White Horse a couple of weeks ago, but it’s representative, and still an animal pub. 😀

Bregante

Over 80 hours at work since Monday nights events have left room for just a couple of early morning (5 am) and mid evening commuter bimbles this week. I made the most of them by going the long way each day. A welcome, if slightly surreal start and finish to the madness of the day.

[img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4251/34951058385_fb7e649430_z.jpg[/img]

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘The bimble thread.’ is closed to new replies.