Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 253 total)
  • The bimble thread.
  • copa
    Free Member

I got overtaken by a bloke on a penny farthing during a recent bimble. Savage.

fin25
    Free Member

Triple front ring? I’m running SS on all but my fatty. Singlebimbling!

Northwind

mattyfez – Member

I dont mean to sound elitist, but true bimblecore requires a tripple front ring, doubles are for tourists. Single??? Heathens.

What would I want all those high gears for?

oldfart

PRAISE THE LORD !!! HALLELUJAH !!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

ahwiles
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    I admire your commitment to slow, but really, 4 hours?

were you walking?

I often stop for a nap when I’m at Cannock, I feel I can reveal the truth on this thread.

slimjim78
    Free Member

/\ 🙂

This is a place of inclusion and safety

fin25
    Free Member

I admire your commitment to slow, but really, 4 hours?

That was dog and Monkey. 😀

v666ern
    Free Member

Can you get cycling clothes in tweed?

A bimble earlier

nickc

That was dog and Monkey

😆 😆 😆

midlifecrashes

This thread should have come with a trigger warning.

tomwoodbury

One more bimbler right here. My Surly weighs 30lbs and my food supply another 5 on top of that.

NormalMan

Surly make some great bimble bikes.

What are you riding @ Tomwoodbury?

dknwhy

I’ve just planned the ultimate bimble ride for next Saturday – Croydon to Windsor along as much Sustrans as possible. Think of the potential food and pub stops!

Route

treklee
    Free Member

This is my sort of riding, but feel at 26 that I shouldn’t be there quite yet…

oink1
    Free Member

Hi. My name is Paul. I am a bimbler. On some bimbles on the fatty, I don’t even get out of the seat. I feel this may be a trundle? 8)

wordnumb
    Free Member

Bimble+ here. 90% bimble with occasional random bursts of enthusiasm to counteract the cold.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Bimble up, fatty.

Just bimbling about getting ready for this morning’s bimble around Ranmore and Box.

I may be a while. Where’d I put that mini pork pie I thought it was in the fridge ooh look a choccy bar…

RustySpanner

At work.
    Bimble denied.

How did your Amsterdam trip go?

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Today’s bimble will be down the canal for some vaping supplies, then to my mum’s to say hello, then to Epping forest for a sausage stick (the bottom tea hut, not the top one, as there will be no carbon or Lycra involved for me), then home…..there will be lots of strava sections ridden, none of which will I trouble the KOM keeper on.
    Oh, on a rigid 29+ too…..with Jones bars….and pogies.

funkmasterp

So. What’s the consensus on the best bike for a bimble? Rigid with flared drops and a brooks saddle or something like a Kona Humuhumu? Gears, single speed or Hub gears? I’m tempted by a Genesis Vagabond or Stooge. I think we need photos 😉

dknwhy

I’ve got a stooge with Jones bars, ergon grips, Brooks Cambium saddle. Perfect bimble tool. Flat pedals obviously. You don’t want the stress of having to find cycle specific shoes.
    I’m off out soon. Just need to finish these crumpets and my third coffee.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I tried to do a reasonably paced ITT on the Tour Divide route this summer, after three days I realised that a Bimblecore rules version would be far more enjoyable and it was, I didn’t get to the end, but I rode some great places both on and off the route, it was awesome.

Bimblecore rules!

Here’s my bimble machine mid ride:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Nyw2uu]#tbt to the #tourdivide and good times on the trail with @tjmax173 ? ? ? #Bikepacking #bicycling #bicycletouringpro #bicycletouring #biketravel #adventurecycling #biketour #touring #outdoors #ridewithpurpose #adventure #ride #neverstopexploring #tourdivi[/url] by Jim Barrow, on Flickr

tomwoodbury

Normal Man – I have an Ogre with a 3×9 set up. Single speed Pugsley for beach bimbles. I use both with a Yepp mini seat up front with an 18 month old boy a lot of the time and they ride impeccably. I love Surlys so much I bought my wife a Krampus. She doesn’t ride much.

tomwoodbury

https://goo.gl/photos/2YM7brcUyr9hnqWN7 My rig (on the 2016 Bikemonger Bimble event!)

NormalMan

Very cool Tom.

I’ve got a Pug. It really has blended elements from 3 of my favourite mtb’s I’ve owned over the years then adds it own bit of character to the mix.

superleggero
    Free Member

I’ve found my new home.

Pork pies/scotch eggs/sausage rolls in the Camelbak – tick!
    Stopping frequently to savour the savouries and appreciate the view – tick!
    Cakes and flasks – tick!
    A laissez faire attitude to being overtaken – tick!
    Triple front ring friendly – tick!
    26 less of an age requirement and more an acceptable wheel size – tick!

And to top it all dknwhy has posted one of my favourite routes to go bimbling on!

tomwoodbury

This is an awesome thread already. Hope it gets to Tripster-esque proportions. So… what makes a bimble bike? Long ride comfort? Cake carrying capacity? Limited technology?

wordnumb
    Free Member

Cake carrying capacity?

Thus was the market for a handlebar-mounted cake stand created.

cinnamon_girl

Inappropriate bike.
    26″ wheels.
    3×9.
    Printed map page shoved in top tube bag, highlighter pens marking the must-see’s such as churches, tumuli, barrows, monuments, hill forts, memorials, field systems, birth places etc.
    Flask with decent coffee along with a sit-mat.
    Binoculars for bird and wildlife spotting.
    Researching the legendary William Cobbett’s proclamations.
    Definitely savouring the view.

Edit: hardcore bimbling. 😀

roverpig

A few hours in the hills. Moving average speed 4.6mph. Job done. Must remember to pack some pork pies next time though.

Pickers

have an Ogre with a 3×9 set up.

Excellent choice sir!

tomwoodbury

Thank you @Pickers. XTR of course.

tomwoodbury

Love the ICT on the hills @roverpig.

RustySpanner

🙂 Indeed.
    Surlys make excellent bimblepoons – even if you WANT to go fast, you can’t.
    Not on 35lbs of Disc Trucker anyway.

CG, like your style.
    🙂

mattyfez

I’ve found a beer holder, just need to find a bar mounted cake/pie cage to complete the bike.

bikebouy
    Free Member

>Opens thread, sniffs around, realise it’s not for me, exits thread.
    Enjoy your bimbling folks..<

tomwoodbury

Essential Bimble equipment- http://www.aeropress.co.uk

MrWoppit
    Free Member

SO looking forward to lunch.

Bimbly bimble.

Fitness first.

Nom nom nom nommy nomnom.

birky
    Free Member

At last, I’ve found my niche 😀

Alpha1653

As a reward for enduring a 3 hour trip to Cribbs Causeway yesterday, I was granted a pass for this afternoon. Did I I drive to Ashton Court? No. Did I clock up 20 miles on the road bike? No. Did I instead choose a 5 mile explore? Hell yes!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘The bimble thread.’ is closed to new replies.