Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 877 total)
  • The Ashes thread! (spoilers)
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Apparently on Oz TV the news commentators were wearing black arm bands 🙂

curiousyellow
    Free Member

What I don’t understand is have England vastly improved over the last year, or are the Aussies in decline? Can’t recall hearing anything about any great talents, and I’m seeing the same names in the headlines. What gives?

Also, say what you want about Murali, but when he’d bowl you always felt like something was going to happen. Only other bowler who had the same effect was Warne. I don’t think there’ll be someone to replace either of them anytime soon, and the game has been poorer since they left.

ransos
    Free Member

And as for the step from 80-90. On paper it looks like 10%. That’s bollocks.

Agreed. I tried it once, against a bowling machine. 80mph was just about possible (though quicker than anything I’d faced before), but 90mph? I couldn’t lay bat on ball.

Pigface
    Free Member

Last year I went to a Baseball game in Denver, the difference between the relief pitcher and starting pitcher for speed was unbelievable.

I know its not the same game but seeing a pitch at 102mph was scary. I didn’t see the ball at all.

Another 150 runs today and that should be game over.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

If anyone knows of a YouTube TMS link for today I’d be grateful.

lemonysam
    Free Member
    The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Ooh good man, kudos to you Sir.

Freester

Root gone for 130.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This new middle order batsman chap Wood is rather handy, isn’t he?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sorry, everyone. I’ll shut up now.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Can’t complain about a quick 28 from the night watchman. Lets have a couple of rapid 50s from stokes and Buttler now please…

Clobber
    Free Member

unless he gets out next ball

lemonysam
    Free Member

Oh dear, it’s a shame Buttler can’t seem to get a good start. Great to hear that the ball’s still doing a bit.

Klunk
    Free Member

mayhem runs and wickets ! 😯

langylad
    Free Member

Indeed Lemony, Starc is moving the ball really late, bodes very well for england later today.

Klunk
    Free Member

making a dogs dinner of this

allthepies
    Free Member

COLLAPSE!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

It’s all getting a bit careless on the batting front. Still plenty of hope for our bowlers given the conditions.

langylad
    Free Member

Don’t panick folkes, we still get to bat again remember 😮
    This would be plenty even if we didn’t have another go. Some of you are just getting greedy

lemonysam
    Free Member

300 lead up. Australia needing to hit 400 plus. Wonder what the biggest difference between first and second innings ever is.

Klunk
    Free Member

we still get to bat again remember

we want an innings and 200+ run win 😈

Klunk
    Free Member

Hazelwood vanishing to all parts 😀

langylad
    Free Member

Broad struggling with the bouncer 😆
    Just the 20 from that over

lemonysam
    Free Member

God… It’d be good to see Broad outscore the Aussies singlehanded.

mefty
    Free Member

To be honest Australia would love a collapse like this we have already scored 100 runs in the session.

mefty
    Free Member

With Ali, Root and Bell – this is most cultured England batting lineup I remember.

langylad
    Free Member

Brilliant catch, but very ugly somehow compared to Stokes’

lemonysam
    Free Member

Declaration – 391-9. Reckon Cook’s making lunch plans tomorrow.

theotherjonv

declaration. Like it. 10 mins at them before lunch. Get a wicket (or 3) and there’ll be some noise.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

That must be some kind of record for the earliest declaration when batting second – not even lunch on day 2?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Extras started well again. He should be given a new contract by Cricket Australia.

theotherjonv

Good comment on TMS text – that was part declaration, part trolling

convert

I just have a feeling England are going to be made to work for it – they will still win but I wouldn’t be surprised if they find themselves batting again with a 100 to score tomorrow evening. A bit disappointed they were not able to put so many runs on the board that batting again was never going to happen.

Danny79
    Free Member
    thegreatape
    Free Member

Another player, David Warner, said he was also confused about proceedings. I walked out onto the pitch and then moments later I was asked to leave

🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

I do think they declared a little too early – I can see the reasoning, having them play a few overs then break then have to go out again (disrupting any rhythm they may get into) but I good couple of sessions could put pressure back on us.

Danny79
    Free Member

Well if you’ve got a ticket for Saturday you’ll certainly be smiling.

Danny79
    Free Member

So much for my attempt at the curse.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Finally!

Freester

Yesssss breakthrough

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 877 total)

The topic ‘The Ashes thread! (spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.