Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • The Apprentice – start swearing at your TV now
  • bikey
    Free Member

Glad to think great STW minds think alike

Matt

brakes
    Free Member

this show has no redeeming qualites
    they’ve even wheeled the whorederman out for the after-show 😕

bunch of utter bellends

mboy
    Free Member

Where was the usual “token fit girl”??? Highly disappointed! 😕

Seems this year they went for the all out bitchiest characters they could find, not necessarily the most adept or qualified! Hey ho, it’s what makes good TV ratings.

If I was Alan Sugar I’d have called it a day on the Apprentice a long time ago anyway, no way does he use it to try and find good quality people to work for him. It’s just a public joke now, and one that’s worn a bit thin. Would’ve thought Sugar would know better!*

*Oh, what’s that you say, he owned Amstrad after all 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

My God, please no, they all seem useless.
    I know someone that has been on the show, not saying who, but tis certainly worth a few pennies, tighter that a ducks ass, maybe thats how they get contracts with sir ****.

mboy
    Free Member

tighter that a ducks ass, maybe thats how they get contracts with sir ****.

I hope you’re not insinuating that Jewish people are tight in general! 😉

hehehe

8)

mboy
    Free Member

Incidentally, interesting (or not) aside for anyone who’s watching the “You’re fired” show on BBC2 now… Going back to 2001 when I was working part time in a bike shop in West London, I sold Adrian Childs a bike!

Ok, it was only a £300 hybrid, but still… I sold him a bike!

samuri
    Free Member

I can hear it on TV now downstairs as the wife watches it. Just with sound I can tell they’re all bell ends.

Clearly, (from the last few series), about 90% of people who think they’re good business people are useless, the last 10% are 50% crap in 70% of situations. The last 5% are ok but there’s still the cream to skim off the top and at the end of the day if they were really bright they’d be rummaging around inside people or working in IT.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m not sure I completely understand Samuri’s post, but I think I get the gist.
    Maybe people aren’t so academic at school, but excel in later life, they may not ever be brain surgeons, but that doesn’t make them (us) thick.

samuri
    Free Member

I don’t have a huge amount of respect for academic qualifications myself, I have no degree. Excelling in life (or in this instance – business) is no indication of brightness though. I don’t believe the vast majority of senior business people (who are no doubt percieved to be extremely succesful because they earn a lot of money) are hugely bright, although they’re clearly not thick. It’s just there are positions in life which can be reached through liberal application of bullshit and ruthlessness which in my eyes is not something to be applauded.

In one way it’s nice to see a program on TV which exposes this but in another it’s depressing to see that talking out your ass can achieve such a huge amount.

In my examples, computer systems failing and people lying dead around the place are finitely auditable and the guilty parties don’t last very long but it’s plain for all to see that you can be absolutely dire at running a company and still come out of it looking like you’re succesful (mainly because if you’re in a position where you set the rules, you just twist them to your advantage).

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Samuri, Jon, I think you have just posted what I was getting at, I didn’t fully understand your first post, but I did have a fair idea what you were getting at.
    I believe the point I think you are making it very valid, disproportionate accountability is not a good way forward, but it’s happened.

As a manager would say, deal with it, because if we don’t whats the way forward?

If you can make sense of my post then I’m in owe 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

Clearly, (from the last few series), about 90% of people who think they’re good business people are useless, the last 10% are 50% crap in 70% of situations. The last 5% are ok but there’s still the cream to skim off the top and at the end of the day if they were really bright they’d be rummaging around inside people or working in IT.

Good work Samuri, making a total of 105%. Anyway, just cos your a brain surgeon or an IT geek or have a million degrees, it doesn’t make you intelligent. It possibly makes you intelligent in your field of work but could a brain surgeon be a stockbroker or a fisherman, could an IT geek cook like Gordon Ramsay, i dont think so. In our own (sick) way, we’re all ‘brain surgeons’ in our field of work

samuri
    Free Member

nope. you have the last 10%, of whom 50% are crap,. leaving 5%.

MrOvershoot

samuri I know exactly what you are saying.

We have a head office in Brentwood mostly populated by people with degrees in subjects that have no relevance in the real world, most of them struggle to sit the right way round on a toilet! Yet decide on the direction our business is going (and its mostly round in circles) they have managed to turn a profit making industry with nearly 200 years of continued growth into a laughing stock 🙁

But I don’t blame them, after all would you turn down £50,000+ benefits to dick around playing at business? No its the gormless twunts who appoint them and then wont admit their mistakes and keep them on 😡

beamers

Did anyone watch the Apprentice USA that was on a couple of years ago with the Trumpster doing the equivalent thing in the USA?

This was far more entertaining for the following reasons:

1. Much higher totty count;
    2. Some of the contestants were actually quite bright (the two in the final were excellent)
    3. The best bit of all though was the the losing team had to sleep outside of the luxury Beverly Hill Mansion. Only the winning team was allowed to live in the lap of luxury. It took weeks for the initial losing team to oust the initial winners from the house. Perhaps Sugar should send the losers off to doss on the canal tow path. That would sharpen their minds.

chomp
    Free Member

I loved the fact that the loser bid said in the cab that ‘in 10 years time perhaps Alan would see he’d made a mistake’

Not sure what planet she’s on but I doubt he’d even remember her 10 mins after she’d been given the boot!

If you asked me she bore more than a passing resemblance to Rocky Dennis 😉

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Sugar.

What a godawful, miserable mofo.

The rest of those empty, avaricious scumbags should fight to the death, each armed with a Blackberry.

Being a licence payer, I get to garrote the ‘winner’ with the recharging cord.

😀

footstomper
    Free Member

8 women = 1 very very ugly that reminded me of the Predetor (glad she’s gone i couldn’t watch that mush for long), 6 very non noticible miserys and 1 Blonde who says she isn’t dumb, but there are 7 male kn-bheads living in the same house who where making tents with there bed sheets hoping she is!!!!!!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, I think we all know what happens now when you get genetic experiments wrong.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Loving it already – shouting at the tv’s never been so much fun, and yes, one of them did actually say ‘its so feng shui’- he is the end of a bell.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The thing that gets me is when he sends them out on these how much money can you make in a day things is they come back having made what, £200 or something? That’s thirty or forty quid per day per team member. What kind of a return is that ffs? If that’s what I was making a day…I’d be bankrupt by now.

Every year I say it, I’m not going to watch it, but I do just to see “the best business minds that Britain has to offer”. FFS!!!!!

miketually
    Free Member

The thing that gets me is when he sends them out on these how much money can you make in a day things is they come back having made what, £200 or something? That’s thirty or forty quid per day per team member. What kind of a return is that ffs? If that’s what I was making a day…I’d be bankrupt by now.

It’s an artificial situation though. You’d expect to make more each day once everything’s set up.

chomp
    Free Member

miketually – Member

It’s an artificial situation though. You’d expect to make more each day once everything’s set up.

youy know I’d be surprised to see them make any more money if someone else had set it up for them, and handed them an already profitable business

So far they all appear absolute ****

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah miketually, that’s a good point and one I was thinking (honestly!!) as I was typing. Still though, between 7 or eight of them…my bet’s still on them running it into the ground before it got going.

And I assume the cost of the flashy T5 Transporter, fuel, lease, their people carriers (were they Chryslers?) wasn’t really taken into account either…so their profit (sanity not vanity…FFS…I nearly puked) was even less.

andywhit
    Free Member

Apprentice n.
    1. One bound by legal agreement to work for another for a specific amount of time in return for instruction in a trade, art, or business.
    2. One who is learning a trade or occupation, especially as a member of a labor union.
    3. A beginner; a learner.

**** n.

1. See Apprentice.

mudshark
    Free Member

I think it would be a lot more accurate if they didn’t introduce the contestants as the best young business minds in the UK. The ones that do well are basically toughish car salesmen types, the ones that probably will end earning good incomes elsewhere are less outgoing. The way those women cat fight with each other is crazy really and not representative of the type of women who do well in busines…I think….

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

the one that was fired – She looked like she had been smacked in the face with a spade, and she had the nouse of of a retard, 100k salary for that ? 😯

ourmaninthenorth

Since when did f***ing property lawyers make good business people? Most are semi0useless at their own (admittedly, mind numbing) choice of practice area.

Disagree significantly with the idea that have degree level qualificaitons makes people less capable of running business activities – degrees are by no means equal, but high achievers tend to be so in whatever field they choose, irrespective of the subject they read at university.

waihiboy
    Free Member

great TV, cringe factor is amazing….

it can get a bit annoying when they are cat fighting in the boardoom.

my god though did it have MINGERS ONLY on the application form!

even the wife was moaning as there are no fit guys…

still laugh at the last series, the irish bird saying she was ‘probably the best salesperson in europe’

&

the guy that won it doing his bird impression in the interview at the end infront of sugars mate.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘The Apprentice – start swearing at your TV now’ is closed to new replies.