Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 771 total)
  • The 2011 Welsh Ride Thing is GO!
  • IanB
    Free Member

Four in a row – I’m on a roll 😀

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Or just need to get more…. 😉

IanB
    Free Member

To be honest, I think I’m the only one playing 😳
    The page 7 post had been going begging for over a hour last night and I just happened to check before I went to bed…

Still, I’m out on the bike tonight, which’ll make a nice change so nothing more from me!

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Ian I know how you feel, it struck me at times on the WRT last year that I was taking it far too seriously in getting all the checkpoints when everybody else seemed to be either down the pub in Ffair Rhos or having full breakfasts in Pontrhydfendigaid. Seemed a daft idea to try to win an event with no competitors. Hasn’t stopped me entering this year though but I will be more tested this year due to less local knowledge.

flatfish
    Free Member

Win?
    I think you should be banned from entering for that kind of talk. 😐

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I think the WRT is whatever you want it to be. There’s always a challenge to be had if you want it, just that it’ll be a personal challenge rather than against anyone else.

There should be a high level of satisfaction from getting the checkpoints you set out to … whether that be half or all of them 😉

EDIT: Very true, you can’t win the WRT. You can endure, survive, enjoy but you certainly can’t win.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Stu Quick question, what time do things kick off on the 28th?? Only reason is we’ve got a 4’5hr drive to your place??

Tiger6791

Now let’s say I have, in theory, the whole area needed with the grids marked in on a map as one massive JPEG file (27meg). We can print A0 at work 🙂 so I’m getting it printed.

As I’ve never done the WRT is it ethical / not the done thing to share this file?

No routes marked just the map with grids on it.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Yeah do it I’ve never done the WRT before but do like the sound of a A0 print, if you can why not…. Not sure why people get funny about there route its not a race or anything like that, so why not……(ps still not sorted our route…God bet we get lost.. 😯

Tiger6791

or I can make it into a 16 page PDF so that it can be printed a4 and sellotaped together or just used as 16 pages

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Like a small AtoZ style WRT booklet 😀

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

@Bigface … I’m hoping we’ll get the raffle underway around 12.30. There’ll be nowt to do before hand except final panic and fannying about routines 😉

@Matt, no one as far as I know has ever had such a map before so I can’t see a problem with sharing it with those with a large enough band width 😀

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Coolio 12:30 it is then, Im sure if we’re a bit before we can lay in the sun and watch the world go by

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

There’ll be an email going out to everyone next week with details of times, directions, etc.

If you get there early just look for the good looking bloke by the tipi … and ask him where I am 😉

Tiger6791

25 miles to your gaff, do I cycle it Sat morning?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Well you’ll not get lost on the way with that map 😀

Oh, I’ve just thought, how will you carry all that Bara Brith if you ride over 😉

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Sorry Ian I was out on the bike last night or I would have nicked that page 😉

As for the WRT being a competition – yes Steve and I are going to try and achieve the required check points but as a few of you know we aren’t the quickest so we will do it and enjoy the weekend riding in this beautiful bit of the country with like minded people (who we will probably only see at the start and maybe in the pub :wink:)

Matt I’d be glad to get a copy of your A2Z please 😉

I will pay you in Welsh cakes if that is ok.

on another note I was gutted last night to see on the classifieds I missed a large Singular Swift frame set 🙁 if there is another that pops up and someone sees it can you dib it for me please 😉 or any other large frame 29er fot that matter cheers Pete

stevemorg2

Pete – you can’t get one for the WRT – I’ll never keep up on a mere 26 wheeler!

jimcollins67
    Free Member

Really looking forward to this, hope you guys are having better weather than we are north of the border…! was looking forward to some sunshine for my 1st riding trip to Wales..

Tiger6791

Edit: I’ll make a better one later than can just be printed A4 and makes a mini book

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Pete – you can’t get one for the WRT – I’ll never keep up on a mere 26 wheeler!

Don’t worry Steve I am doing it on the 456 as I don’t envisage getting one ready before WRT 😉 plus I always look after my wingman 😀

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Matt it’s showing as a private picture so I can’t view it 🙁

Tiger6791

try now

valleydaddy
    Free Member

cheers Matt what a very useful fellow you are 😀

I shall bring you some Welsh cakes 😉

Tiger6791

Right on it….

flatfish
    Free Member

me please matt.

just look for the good looking bloke by the tipi

Cheers 😉

valleydaddy
    Free Member

did Matt send it to you Taylor?

And are you dressing up as a red indian to be by the tipi??

flatfish
    Free Member

nope, not got nowt. 😥

stevemorg2

Pete – any chance you can forward on Matt’s maps on – that’s of course if it’s 0k with Matt!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I’ll send it to you both now 😉

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I think I am sorted for kit now. 😉

Got some food stuffs and cooking fuel so should be alreet

Right to bag a page change how do you know when your post is going to get it???

flatfish
    Free Member

every 40 posts is a page change.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

ok so photos/size of text makes no difference?

flatfish
    Free Member

Nope, 40 posts per page, so get your calculator out Daddy.
    I hope you realise IanB will be sitting waiting now on both threads!

Nick

Ian I know how you feel, it struck me at times on the WRT last year that I was taking it far too seriously in getting all the checkpoints when everybody else seemed to be either down the pub in Ffair Rhos or having full breakfasts in Pontrhydfendigaid. Seemed a daft idea to try to win an event with no competitors. Hasn’t stopped me entering this year though but I will be more tested this year due to less local knowledge.

I’ve got all the pubs in the areas logged in my GPS, if we stumble across a Checkpoint or two it’ll be a bonus 🙂

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Nope, 40 posts per page, so get your calculator out Daddy.
    I hope you realise IanB will be sitting waiting now on both threads!

I won’t spoil his pleasures 😉

I like your style Nick, hopefully see you on the way around 😀

Tiger6791

Right, route plotted….

Now if I just work out a cheeky way to get from Barmoth to Mach in just over 1 hour…….. 🙂

paul4stones

I imagine the WRT is a bit like this:

No?

flatfish
    Free Member

Just like it, honest. 😯
    I wish.
    Bit more wobbling on an overweight bike and it would be a better represetation of WRT.

IanB
    Free Member

every 40 posts is a page change.

Actually, 40 posts only gets you to the last post of the page.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 771 total)

The topic ‘The 2011 Welsh Ride Thing is GO!’ is closed to new replies.