Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • —————-That————– Interview in the new Dirt
  • kimbers

how freaking awesome is the missile?

mtbfix

Not having the mag in question, what is the jist of the interview?

somafunk

That “missy” is one cool mutha***** i’d imagine, she’s welcome round mine anytime for a J and a beer.

(not read the article but thanks for reminding me – i’ll buy dirt t’morn)

(edited due to swear filter not picking up the obvious)

Edric64
    Free Member

Isnt she inside for dealing ?

murf
    Free Member

I met her in a pub in 2002, chatted for 20mins about bikes and how great she thought Scotland was.
    She was great chat and I was delighted that one of my childhood heroes didn’t let me down!

Still got my signed chairlift pass!

kimbers

http://www.dirtragmag.com/webrag/photo-gallery-exclusive-missy-giove-interview-outtakes

these pics are from a different interview but they give you an idea

its her list of injuries that scared the bejeesus me

somafunk

Isnt she inside for dealing ?

Nah, she got caught wi a small amount of personal i believe 8)

tomhoward

If you consider 400lbs of weed ‘personal’ 😉

rondo101
    Free Member

small amount of personal

LOL. 384 lbs of personal.

somafunk

I would, i dunno bout the police/legal system though?, they might take an entirely different viewpoint (as they have in the past) as to what constitutes personal.

Bring back missy and the old crowd to mtb racing – it used to be cool back them but it’s now taken far too seriously to be a laugh.

Stiggy

Fascinating character.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Can’t say I ever was or am a fan. I read the interview and all the “one life, one love, live life, love life” balls that she comes out with does my nut in.

legend
    Free Member

she had to have something different to say when she was getting spanked by A-C again and again and again

metalheart
    Free Member

Big Missy fan.

Hope she has herself sorted now.

kimbers

legend – Member
    she had to have something different to say when she was getting spanked by A-C again and again and again

to be fair A-C was spanking a lot of the mens field at the time too

kimbers

400lbs of weed and $1.4000000 infact!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh I remember her from way back.

So she’s out then, doing what now?

somafunk

$1.4 million?, just think how much the governments of the world would raise in taxes if it were to be legalised and taxed at source?, everyone would be allowed to have a few plants……….Hmmm?, perhaps a move to Uruguay is in order.

So she’s out then, doing what now?

As far as i’m aware she was never incarcerated, i think she got a large fine and 4 years suspended sentence.

yunki
    Free Member

as a general rule, out of the people that I have met in life, the smugglers have invariably been far more interesting and entertaining than the folk that don’t smuggle anything..

just saying like..

Missy rawks.. 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awe cool (I think)

Didn’t she ride for Yeti at one point? I seem to remember an awesome pic…

*off to google

ampthill

I saw her ride at the 1994 worlds (I think) in Colorado. She genuinely looked faster than the other senior girls.

I also saw her hanging out in the bike park. Way cool

However that was the year Chausson blubbed on the podium. Although she was the fastest girl of the day she was only allowed to be junior world champion

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

She’s super cool. Seems to be in a good place in her life now.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If you can fit it under your hat, it’s personal.

EDIT: Her hat

MrSmith
    Free Member

What’s cool about being a convicted drug dealer?
    I guess if you live on a sink estate in the grim north and wear static inducing blue and white sportswear its aspirational but I fail to see the attraction.

bencooper
    Free Member

Bring back missy and the old crowd to mtb racing – it used to be cool back them but it’s now taken far too seriously to be a laugh.

This – there’s too much pretentious stuff about MTB now, not enough messing about for a laugh.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

MrSmith – Member

What’s cool about being a convicted drug dealer?
    I guess if you live on a sink estate in the grim north and wear static inducing blue and white sportswear its aspirational but I fail to see the attraction.

I’m not condoning drug dealing but you have a very warped view of society if you believe it is either a northern or a lower class problem.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I guess people who think drug dealing is cool have a warped view of society too 🙄

kilo

yunki – Member

as a general rule, out of the people that I have met in life, the smugglers have invariably been far more interesting and entertaining than the folk that don’t smuggle anything..

as a general rule the smugglers I’ve met have invariably been grade A arsholes with no moral scruples whatsoever and if they weren’t shifting wholesale quantities of gear would find some other crime to do rather than actually work for a living

yunki
    Free Member

aaah.. I often happy to overlook those qualities when making judgements of folk’s ability to entertain and be interesting.. 😳

AlexSimon

It was a great interview. In fact it’s the only thing I’ve made time to read in bike mags for that last few months. Should really think about cancelling some subs.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Well the weed dealing was stupid though I guess it funded a certain lifestyle, but the riding and the badass persona was as cool as… DH racing is far more professionalised now. Even Warner, the s called terrorist-on-abike, no longer gets drunk when commentating.

( but you can’t stop Cedric Gracia turning up wasting the party)

somafunk

Depends if you consider cannabis a so called drug worthy of arrest?, i don’t see it that way therefore i consider her very cool indeed.

yunki
    Free Member

I find the enormous variety of folk’s individual moral codes interesting..

And the vehemence with which they are prepared to try to project and impose that code on others is often by far the best way to judge someone’s character..

MrSmith
    Free Member

Why would anyone think they could impose their moral standpoint on other users of an Internet forum? That’s just silly.

yunki
    Free Member

I meant in life mate – I really don’t take you that seriously 😆

sorry to burst yer lil bubble

MrSmith
    Free Member

And so you shouldn’t, I certainly don’t take myself that seriously (or anyone else posting on an Internet forum about bikes and stuff)

yunki
    Free Member

then all is well and good in the singletrackworld 😀

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘—————-That————– Interview in the new Dirt’ is closed to new replies.