Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Thanks! For helping me build up my new On One
  • samuelcrosland
    Free Member

Hey all,

Just wanted to say thanks to the people who helped me build up my latest bike:

Managed to get some awesome deals of Singletrack-classifieds and had some rad rides over the past week. Here’s the build. It’s a little marmite:

Got most of the bits from Discapade, then a few more from other people.

Thanks

kayak23

Looks great that, nice one! Bet it’s good on the 4x track.
    Incidentally, your trees want pollarding…

kayak23

jekkyl

Was there no black wheels available in your budget?

cloudnine
    Free Member

What happened with the cabling??

jamiep
    Free Member

No bar end plugs? Are you sure?

iolo
    Free Member

I’m sure you like it a lot.

the-muffin-man

That’s errr, very special.

vincienup
    Free Member

Speaking as someone who’s found himself with my handlebars jammed vertically between the ground and my gut after one messy crash, I can’t recommend bar end plugs enough. Think apple corers…

Colours are pretty in your face…

matt_outandabout

Good to see a ‘different’ bike from corporate black or MoreEduroThanYou flouro.
    Not my taste, but great.

M6TTF
    Free Member

get plugs, almost cored my inner thigh a couple of years ago

Mbnut
    Free Member

Another ‘get some bar end plugs in there asap’

Not having them upscales a painful crash into a major injury crash.

As for the colours and cabling… if it makes you happy then enjoy.

D0NK

get plugs, almost cored my inner thigh a couple of years ago

is this still an issue with lockon grips? (thereby seriously blunting the cookie cutter “blade”)

That’s errr, very special.

my initial thoughts but If it rides nice who gives a monkeys? Some of my bikes have been pretty uncoordinated.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Here’s the build. It’s a little marmite:

Marmite is only the one colour, jus sayin… 😉

jekkyl

seriously, what is going on with the cables, could you just not be bothered to cut them? and why have you got some tissue wrapped round 2 spokes on the back wheel?
    🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I quite like the colours 😕 I do also like marmite though.

Get some bar end plugs though, just do it. They cost pence and weigh almost nothing.

And remove the playing card from the rear spokes, unless you’re try hard fixie w****** in which case crack on.

teamslug
    Free Member

the tissue is to plug the hole in his guts when he gets cored by the bars…..get some plugs in/on the ends!!!

zbonty

I like the bold colours. So wrong its right (not taking the piss)

Makes a change from a sea of black with black bits on.

Edit- in true STW style- Yellow valve caps is too much!

vincienup
    Free Member

I didn’t say I didn’t like the colour scheme, just that it was pretty in your face – which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. After all, I have another Sheffield bike in a very similar shade of orange and one in a very bright green… 😉 I actually quite like the colour clashes although I’m not sure I could live with those rims.

Cable/Hose critics are probably right in that overlong hoses are just begging to snag something in passing, but that ups the job from bolt on to needing good cutters and a bleed kit you know how to use which isn’t a minor consideration for everyone.

I’ve currently not got two matching hoses or gear outers on my Zesty and it hasn’t killed me.

The bar end plugs though…yep, it was lockons I almost gored myself with. I don’t say that i wouldn’t have needed to be going quite a bit quicker to have properly gored myself, but for the pennies I don’t want to find out.

Good job, OP! 🙂 Enjoy!

bikeneil
    Free Member

What rims are those?

samuelcrosland
    Free Member

Cheers Guys!

I’ll get some bar plugs ASAP.

I live in London, and finished fitting the tires about an hour before I had to get on the train to get to Sheffield to ride. Didn’t have time to sort the cabling… and actually didn’t notice my bikes train-reservation-ticket was still in the rear spokes! oops…

The Rims are Mavic 319’s custom painted by Orange (think it probably matches their team pink), not my choice…but CHEAP on ebay. also, they’re mounted to Hope pro2’s so can’t really go wrong!

😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

I love the Fox’s Party Rings colour scheme.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

I like it.

For what it’s worth, leave your cables and stick some more playing cards in both wheels, seems to annoy people which is good.

samuelcrosland
    Free Member

@phunkmaster I might actually lengthen the cables and sharpen the bar ends too ;-D

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I really like it. Honestly, the pink and orange look great together.

Enjoy!

dannyh
    Free Member

On a serious note, I have been on the receiving end of some ‘aaaaargh pass the eye bleach’ tosserdom on here, but I honestly couldn’t care less. If it rides nice, who cares? Mountain bike riding is a hobby for nearly all of us, I cram it into my limited free time. I don’t have any more time to worry about how my bike looks! If I order a component, and it is only available in the ‘wrong’ colour, then the ‘wrong’ colour it is. Because I don’t want downtime, I just want to ride.

Please get some bar end plugs, though!

unovolo
    Free Member

Needs a Pink saddle and Grips to tie those rims in.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Thanks! For helping me build up my new On One’ is closed to new replies.