Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Terrible service from Bikeinn.com
  • bomberman
    Free Member

He won’t answer, he’s too busy watching Pointless.

DezB
    Free Member

… you can get your money back easily enough. I’ve had similar problems before with other retailers but stay polite but firm and you’ll have no problems.

Pretty sure robdob didn’t read the original post. Either that or he didn’t understand it.
    Doesn’t sound like bomberman is a “nasty little shit” (or whatever he was called on the previous page) at all. He got shit service and reacted to it after a couple of weeks of being bullshitted. If that’s normal retail service in your world then maybe he is a little nasty.

robdob
    Free Member

Well it looks like Bomberman (or Tim Lovelady if his email address is his real name) is now sending me a personal email about this thread. Seems like he just can’t keep it in….

Straight in the junk….. 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

No!! Copy and paste here!

robdob
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound like bomberman is a “nasty little shit” (or whatever he was called on the previous page) at all. He got shit service and reacted to it after a couple of weeks of being bullshitted.

Well this quote from the email he got sounds like it wasn’t a one off reply:

Your tracking number was 36639123571, but after your repeated rudeness and insults we have proceeded to stop your delivery.

Definition of nasty in English:
    adjective (nastier, nastiest)
    1Very bad or unpleasant:
    2Behaving in an unpleasant or spiteful way:

robdob
    Free Member

No!! Copy and paste here!

Naaaah, it was just a playground taunt really. Quite amusing. 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Did he call you Joey Deacon?

andyrm
    Free Member

But when you’ve been waiting weeks and that money is in someone else’s account and you email them to say “please can i have a refund” and they turn around and say “we shipped it this morning!!”, and you KNOW it’s bullshit because they can’t provide a tracking number, you would be angry too.

Having worked with lots of couriers as suppliers over the years, I can vouch for the fact that it’s not at all unusual for them to not always issue a tracking number until the items are scanned on and then a bulk file made available a couple of hours later. It’s simply not possible for a bulk vehicle driver to issue a series of multiple tracking numbers for lots of consignments there and then at point of collection, if timescale constraints are to be met.

Again though, still no excuse to be angry. Anger is a wholly wasteful emotion, void of any value or use. It achieves nothing.

As has been said, a polite email asking for updates including ETA and when tracking info would be available, in other words, calm, unemotional and asking for specific details of value, rather than emotionally “unloading”.

I can also vouch for the “give the minimum legal entitlement” when faced with a rude, sweary or aggressive customer. And rightly so. You wouldn’t reward a screaming toddler’s bad behaviour, so it is important to not do that for an adult either or else you validate their bad behaviour.

Well it looks like Bomberman (or Tim Lovelady if his email address is his real name) is now sending me a personal email about this thread. Seems like he just can’t keep it in….

Straight in the junk…..

Post it up!! 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

😆 Well, if you will go name calling!
    I got one too

Dear DezB
    Thank you for being nice.
    Tim.

But I get those from people all the time.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Well it looks like Bomberman (or Tim Lovelady if his email address is his real name) is now sending me a personal email about this thread. Seems like he just can’t keep it in…

Is he (as I suspect) 14 and threatening to ‘batter you’ after school?

theotherjonv

It’s hypocritical to then lecture the bomb on how to deal with these things when you couldn’t express yourself without doing exactly the same.

I don’t recall Robdob letting go with a random bombing of expletives. If the bit you’re referring to is calling him an idiot, I’d say that’s very minor in comparison, and while you can question if it’s right to call him an idiot at all that’s an opinion and to some extent entitlement.

Shouting and swearing at someone irrespective of whether they are being helpful or not isn’t, at least not in my book.

Particularly if as seems to be the case, it’s ‘repeated’ and by email. I understand that we can all lose our temper but by email, repeatedly? That’s one medium that gives you a chance to reflect before hitting send, and i’d suggest to the OP that he might want to consider that next time he gets angry to step away from the email, have a cup of tea, then go back and read what he’s written and then work out if it’s the best way to respond. Firm but polite would be my suggestion.

Elsewhere – as someone else noted – despite what people think information is also often batched and uploaded / downloaded in packets. So, entirely possible something is sent and a tracking is not available yet. What happens if you try tracking the number that was quoted – even though it was intercepted for return, does that show a dispatch time to verify the retailer had already sent it, as they claim?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Sheesh that bomberman does a lot of talking for someone who said goodbye ages ago 🙂

Is he gone for good now?

robdob
    Free Member

Sheesh that bomberman does a lot of talking for someone who said goodbye ages ago
    Is he gone for good now?

Probably exploded in a ball of his own intense rage. 😉

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Bomberman or is that bummedman, I see where you’re coming from by letting us know of potential trouble with ordering from them but blimey, you really did ask for the humour treatment.

Let it rain HUMOUR. 😈

andyrm
    Free Member

Well a quick bit of after work internet sleuthery and sure enough, it was all set to go out as per BikeInn’s email with the tracking number so would probably have been with the OP tomorrow:

All that emotional shit for nothing – and he could have had the helmet in time for the weekend!

moneytrain81
    Free Member

So they replied to you with information pertaining to your request, yet you decided to send them a ‘load of expletives’ in your reply. They even said they will refund your order, yet here you are whinging online in another pointless ‘this place sucks, honest’ thread.

Also, with tracking numbers, often they only ever appear on a shippers system after a certain point in the delivery process. Meaning the item can be ‘dispatched’ but not trackable for a good few hours still. So it makes sense that they wouldnt email to tell you that the item is trackable right now if it was still on it’s way to the delivery/processing centre.

Dickyboy

hmm bikeinn.com sound pretty cool, will take a look and see if they have anything I need right now, thanks for the heads up OP

m360
    Free Member

Well a quick bit of after work internet sleuthery and sure enough, it was all set to go out as per BikeInn’s email with the tracking number so would probably have been with the OP tomorrow

Amazing

! I mean anyone can make up a tracking number, you just tap a load of keys on a keyboard.

What are the chances of it actually relating to that same order, on that same day. The internet is full of mysteries!

Gonna get a refill and more biscuits 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

Well a quick bit of after work internet sleuthery and sure enough, it was all set to go out as per BikeInn’s email with the tracking number so would probably have been with the OP tomorrow

Haha. Brilliant.

You couldn’t make it up 🙂

(And they didn’t)

theocb
    Free Member

But they lied before so why would bumberman think they are telling the truth when they couldn’t update him properly, (how was he supposed to know ‘this’ time they were genuine.)

I ordered a helmet on the 9th, they sent me an email on the 10th saying there were “logistical problems” and they “inform me of a change in avaliability”, and the delivery date would now be the 13th.

It is now the 20th and still nothing.

He lost his cool and went a bit batshit but he had already waited well past the original/ and the secondary delivery date.

Lot’s of you chaps are acting silly on the internet when it doesn’t effect you in the slightest, at least he had some sort of personal cow

Rorschach
    Free Member

I WISH I had a personal cow….even a share of a personal cow.Like a bovine syndicate.

theocb
    Free Member

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pervert donkey voyeur (Now THAT is a good band name).

scotroutes

Does this cow go around damaging cars?

theocb
    Free Member

I think the picture relates to the story in the Balkans where a sheep, a donkey and a Cow were sexually harassing little old ladies in the high street. No idea if they have been trying to hump cloudnines veeeeedub but you could be onto something.. will it effect the claim if the farmer get’s wind of this?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I had a tendency to go a little bit moody with customer service when not getting my own way, however I’ve changed my tack recently and couldn’t be happier with the service I’ve received from
    (Satan to the lbs) crc this week.
    Sometimes it’s just nice to be nice…

bomberman
    Free Member

Hi all you beautiful people. As Robdob won’t post up the email i sent him i’ll do it instead, here you go:

Harly a taunt, more of a question. Actually it was a question.

To whoever it was who found the tracking info, if you’d actually read it you would see that the item was coming from SPAIN so would not have arrived next day and probably not by the weekend either, 10/10 for the detective work but -5 for the conclusion (sorry to p*ss on your chips).

As it happens, i’d already ordered another helmet from Wiggle for £10 more when someone posted on here that they price match BikeInn, so i emailed Wiggle (nicely of course 😉 to ask them if they could still do it and they very kindly offered me a RETROSPECTIVE discount and refunded the difference back into my account!

Now THAT is customer service.

piemonster

In general to this thread 😯

As an aside. I found the INN shops to be a bit naff on the customer service front. Although I did actually receive what I ordered, still better than my Planet X experiences.

taxi25
    Free Member

Bomberman. Sending insulting emails to people you’ve had a spat with on a forum is a bit weird 🙁 just get out of the hole and stop digging.

bomberman
    Free Member

Bomberman. Sending insulting emails to people you’ve had a spat with on a forum is a bit weird just get out of the hole and stop digging.

So this hole that you have created for me…..remind me again who is holding the spade?

Perhaps i should have been really polite and maybe that would have made them change their mind and give me a refund?

You guys are hilarious.

DT78
    Free Member

For balance I’ve bought a pair of gore bibs from them, arrived from Spain inside a week, cheapest price I could find, and didn’t appear to be any in stock in the UK.

bikeinn
    Free Member

Dear bomberman,

First of all we would like to apologize for any troubles caused. We perfectly understand that any delay is annoying, but would like to assure that we did our best to find a satisfactory solution when informing you about delivery delay.

When we received your cancelation, your order had already been shipped, that is why we could not confirm reversal before contacting with our shipping company. Actually we cancelled your purchase on the 20 of August and reimbursement was made by 21 of August.

We always try to improve our service to complete all our customer’s wishes, but regret that in your case it was not possible.

Once again our aplogizes for the delivery delay.

Kind regards

http://www.bikeinn.com

DezB
    Free Member

Genuine 😆 at that appearing!

iain1775
    Free Member

Brilliant thread

In terms of customer service someone on page 1 mentioned Triton Cycles, which reminded me I had meant to praise them, I ordered an incorrect size bash guard which i sent back,the correct size was showing as out of stock, quick POLITE email and an almost instant response to say website was out of date, they had one in stock they would put to one side for me and if I returned the wrong one they would send the correct one out, the speed I received the replacement they must have sent it out before receiving the original back, it meant I was able to get out that weekend which was really appreciated
    So Triton get a 😀 from me

Also Works Components today, a very apologetic email about being slow to dispatch some stuff to me, and it’s on it’s way today
    Sometimes things happen, they usually get fixed pretty quickly if your polite

bomberman
    Free Member

Sometimes things happen, they usually get fixed pretty quickly if your polite

Just for the record, i WAS polite. I sent 3 emails to Bikeinn before i got a response, One on the 14th, one on the 15th, neither of which got any response.

i dunno maybe i sent the to the wrong place (info@bikeinn.com)

And then this one on the 20th which read:

“Hi I ordered a Catlike Leaf helmet in blue, order number 3659919. Please tell me if this order has been shipped? Has the money come out of my account? If the order has not been shipped then please hold off and give me a refund because i’ve got the helmet from somewhere else so i would like a refund please. Thanks. “

Note the words

please

and

thanks

(robdob)

The response was not

“Oh i am so sorry you’ve had to wait 2 weeks past the due date but we have just shipped your item and it will be with you on 15th August, so sorry for the delay”. It may as well have said ” Tough sh*t! Enjoy the wait!”

That was what annoyed me, the way the content of my email about wanting a refund and asking to cancel was completely ignored.

Anyway, i’ve had my refund so thanks to Bikeinn for that but Wiggle

a) Had the item in stock
    b) Were quicker to deliver
    c) price matched Bikeinn with a retrospective discount
    d) were fast and efficient to communicate
    and
    e) gave me a free packet of Haribo gummies with my order

Rorschach
    Free Member

At least you’ve moved on now.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Ooooo get ‘errrr lovelady I mean.

bomberman
    Free Member

At least you’ve moved on now.

Aye

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Terrible service from Bikeinn.com’ is closed to new replies.