Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • TdF
  • ctk
    Free Member

Yep can't wait. I'm going over to watch a bit too- some mountains and the TT in Bordeaux. (I'll be listening out for Cancellaras engine lol)

MrSmith
    Free Member

bumface

mattsccm
    Free Member

of course would like to see Wiggins in yellow but I reckon he is not quite there and is team isn't either. other wise as long as its not Lance or Cadel I don't care. Both are grumpy unpleasant types on the telly. Real world/ who cares , I don't know them. i'd like it to be an all rounder not some one who does nowt but the tour. Now Vino would be great if just to shut up the commentators.

RealMan
    Free Member

Well nobody really expected Wiggins to do as well as he did last year, now most are expecting him top 5 or top 10, maybe he will surprise us yet again (and come 112th..) 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Pressure's on him this year, by all accounts he surprised himself last year, he'll have some good days, but I reckon he'll have some pretty spectacular failures too!

Be good to see Dan Lloyd finish, used to train with him every now and again, top bloke and a good rider.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I don't trust Contador, I'm not sure why. I don't like that although he can speak English, he always gives interviews in Spanish.

On the presentation in Rotterdam I think they told him he could answer in Spanish if he wanted and he did it in English.

As for who'll do well, pretty much what clubber said although I reckon Wiggins will be pretty well prepared- he'll be a marked man this year though.

aP
    Free Member

I really can't see Wiggins being on the posium this year. His team isn't up to it, and he doesn't have the firepower in the mountains. Now that Contador at least nominally has more than 2 people supporting him (unlike last year when he had to cadge lifts from other teams to get to the team hotel 'cos LaLa was using the team cars) – he'll be more or less unbeatable as long as he doesn't buggerup before they get to France.
    The Schlecks will probably be 2/3 and LaLa 4th (unfortunately).
    Evans has no team and can't do it all on his own (although of course that's what he's done for the last 3 years anyway so that won't be much of a change) and Menchov will find himself unable to go down hills as always, then fall off and Vino will go on some totally mad attack against Contador and liven things up before being caught out again.

warton
    Free Member

Basso has got a lot of unfinished business on the tour. good for podium?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I think its quite open this year there are a fair few contenders, including Wiggins…we shall wait and see. For a new team Sky have had a number of results, as Wiggins did well in last years Tour why are people writing him off, there are some very strong riders on his team.

glenh
    Free Member

As for who'll do well, pretty much what clubber said although I reckon Wiggins will be pretty well prepared- he'll be a marked man this year though.

Can't really see how that would affect his race much to be honest. Last year he just did well in the time trials and stuck to the big guys wheels in the mountains. Not much anyone can do to stop him doing that again (if he can).

tiger_roach
    Free Member

LA's looking strong so I think he could improve on his placing last year but can't see Contador losing out. I'd put my money on the same 1,2,3 as last year though and hope Evans and Wiggins create some interest in the mountains.

crazy-legs

Contador, Wiggins/Armstrong (swap as required), Schleck, Schleck, Evans.

xc-steve
    Free Member

My money's on Geraint Thomas… only because I went to school with him! Getting well excited about the tour, the one time of the year where a sport is on TV which I enjoy watching!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Getting well excited about the tour

Me too! I got put off watching after when it became clear LA would win every time. Now it gets better and better!

DaRC_L

I used to be a massive LA fan but not soo much now 'cos I reckon him, Bruyneel and them Astana boys are still dirty…

I've come around to Cadel – le Cain Toad – because he's an ex-MTB'er and can be a grumpy git so we have 1 thing in common! If he can actually have a team that works for him he's got a chance, if he can give Contador a kicking on the pave.

Dogsby

Is anyone else doing the fantasy TdF on nrtoone.com? I have dome it for the past five years or so and done really badly, only coming in the top 100 once. However, it is really good fun; if you like that sort of thing!

Dogsby

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘TdF’ is closed to new replies.