Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Talk to me about Suzuki Swift Sports :o)
  • Dangerboy
    Free Member

I really want one, anyone got one?
    Thoughts/opinions appreciated and most importantly – can you get a bike in one?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Borrowed one from a friend for an afternoon, loved it. They do well in reviews too, mainly coz they drive really well.
    They're quite small, so make sure you'll fit with all your stuff (I needed something bigger so didn't get one).

Bike rack, think it might be an issue with the rear spolier if you use one that hooks over the top of the boot lid.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Looked at one for the wife, nuf said.

They are agood car, but dealers are few and far between, servicing and parts are expensive and some parts hard to get hold of. Better cars for the money

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

If you want a proper sports car get an MX5, none of this front wheel drive rubbish

DickBarton

Mate has one and it's a great car…seems to be like a wee go-cart on the country roads but not anythihng stand out on the motorways.

I like it but I don't think you could fit a bike inside and rear rack options would be somewhat limited with the rear spoiler (I think) – not sure of roof rack options but that would be my choice.

I think they look much nicer than the standard trim standard Swift.

TheFlyingOx

I think Wiggle should be able to sort out a bike rack for one. They even had one for my old MR2, and that's got to be the least bike-rack-friendly car in history.

tandemwarriors

I'm just going onto my second Swift (the 1.5 3 door) as my driving school car. Servicing very reasonable, my dealer superb (Pearson of Weymess Bay), very reliable, excellent warranty on the few things that needed doing, considering it gets a hard life.
    Haven't tried getting a bike inside, but don't think it'd be very sucessful. IIRC there was roof bars in the options brochure.

Rob

genesis
    Free Member

Evo magazine had one as a long term test car, they loved it. Good build quality, dealers, handling etc. Think Catchpole who races road bikes used it to carry his, the only complaint they had was that it was a little heavy on petrol.

odannyboy
    Free Member

bit like a disposable razor, fantasticly sharp when new, but before you know it youll want to bin it and get a new one.

+1 for mx5 BTW.

mtbfix

Would those MX5 lovers on here like to buy my mk.1? Bikes + baby = it's got to go 🙁

verbal_kint
    Free Member

I love mine, 57 plate, still sharp as a pin handling and winding the engine past 3000 revs delivers a good kick in the back as the valves change configuration. not so great on motorway journeys as it is geared for acceleration rather than 70mph cruising so is quite noisy, does suck up petrol if you cane it. I use a Saris Bones on the back, the roof spoiler means you have to detach the straps and feed them under the spoiler, but thats no more than a two minute job, to fix the straps at the bottom I mount the towing eye in the rear bumper, again a two minute job to remove the cover and screw it in. Not so handy trying to fit bikes inside, the seat squabs don't lift up and the rear seat back is full width as they use this as a body shell stiffener.
    The later model has slightly longer legged fifth gear to improve motorway performance

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Suzuki Swift Sports :o)’ is closed to new replies.