Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Talk to me about Nokia phones!
  • cp

Rr- I’d try to up the budget to 200 and get one of the nearly new iPhone 3G’s that come up on here every now and then…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i did email a bloke about one on here yesterday but he didn’t reply 🙁

the Iphone 3g – can it be upgraded software wise? how different is it to the 3gs or 4? are their any hardware differences?
    whats the battery life like?

cp

Think I responded to a q in another thread – but yes, software is upgradeable to iOS4.1 – which is what I have, and makes the 3g fast again (unlike OS4.0 which made it very slow!).

It’s very very similar to the 3GS, just a little slower and you can’t multi task (have more than one app open at once). The 3G cam doesn’t have autofocus, whereas the 3gs does. Iphone 4 adds video, a flash to the cam and a better cam, much higher screen res.

3g battery life is fine for a smartphone. I use a lot and need to charge every day, though if i switch 3g, wifi, gps etc… off, and just use it for a phone/text, I can get 2-3 days from it.

I have a 3g, contract is up in a couple of weeks, and i’m keeping it and going SIM only. don’t see the point in upgrading yet, except for something ‘different’. Maybe iPhone 5… 🙂

joemarshall
    Free Member

The only thing that would put me off a 3g, is that the GPS is a lot worse than a 3gs (and there is no compass). It really is quite innaccurate compared to a modern phone GPS (HTC or newer iPhone).

Joe

IA

Cheers IA! Bet it doesn’t have fully supported BBC iPlayer tho.

You bet wrong 😉

I can stream stuff (e.g. spent yesterday afternoon listening to a radio show from friday on it) and download shows for later offline viewing. Which is more than I can do on iOS. Works the same as on the 5800 pretty much, just faster, and can hook it up to my telly with the HDMI out if I wanted to.

In theory most old symbian stuff runs on symbian^3, in practice some apps will need an update. I’ve found a few things that don’t quite work right. I will stress my device has pre-commercial firmware tho.

jamiemmorrison
    Free Member

I want to get information about features of nokia n8.
    Can anyone tell me what is new in Nokia n8.Because i want to buy it.
    Thank you.

-m-
    Free Member

The trick with Nokia firmware and software is to resist the temptation to fiddle – once you’ve got something that works don’t update it! Nokia PC Suite is/was the worst – about 1 version in 3 seemed to work properly.

All that aside, E71/72 is pretty good if you don’t want a big touch screen. Certainly the battery life is a winner compared to many smartphones.

After years of non-smart phones, settled on Sony Ericsson and swore I’d never go back to Nokia.

Unfortunately when I eventually wanted a smartphone the Nokia N97 Mini seemed about the best available on my contract.

What a nasty, horrible, user unfriendly, unresponsive and unreliable POS – I’ve listed it’s faults on here before and CBA to go through them all again.

Never, ever again will I have a Nokia – I still have a year to go, but my mrs is due an upgrade on Xmas eve, so I’ll be using that for an HTC Desire HD.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Nokia phones!’ is closed to new replies.