Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 442 total)
  • Taking people property away if it's deemed you shouldn't have it – corbyn
  • ajantom

Well the OP’s troll (if that’s what it was) has done it’s work. It does mean that all the tosspots are showing their hands though.

if Jumblesale and Chewytoy are actually that callous and misguided in real life….well. Poor them I say.

project
    Free Member

some pathetic idiot responces on this thread, and some abstract trolling from under the bridge.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Corbyn said OCCUPY, in campaign speak that has, imo, a very specific meaning based upon the occupy movement.

Not sure if serious or deep-level satire troll.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I wasn’t trolling btw !

brooess
    Free Member

The housing crisis does tend to being out the callous in people.

One of the worst was from a ‘lady’ at work who’s into BTL telling me if young people thought housing was too expensive for them to move out and start a family, then they shouldn’t aspire to it in the first place… 😯

This link below is well worth a listen – the difference in life expectancy in Kensington & Chelsea between the richest and poorest is 14 years… which is a direct result of the difference in living conditions. One of the very richest boroughs in the UK. I’ve lived in London for 15 years and am well aware of the stark differences between rich and poor but that’s a real shocker… and shows you just how perverse and corrupt our housing market is and how widespread the effects are.

Just possibly, Grenfell will shine a light on the situation and begin a process of change, although I’m deeply cynical it will with so many MPs playing in BTL and so many of the UK population utterly resistant to the crisis being solved.

Start The Week – Radio 4

Junkyard
    Free Member

Corbyn said OCCUPY, in campaign speak that has, imo, a very specific meaning based upon the occupy movement.

I am not sure he can be expected to have forseen your entirely bizarre meaning from one word. he cannot have foreseen how desperately you would have clutched at straws to fabricate an argument he was not even vaguely hinting at
    You appear to becoming some sort of Brietbart RW fantasist nutjob who sees things that are just not there and is determined to try and drag us into debating your alternative reality view of the world.

seosamh77
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member
    I wasn’t trolling btw !

sometimes it’s better just to keep yer heid down, the troll tag is the better look than the callous bastard look.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

sometimes it’s better just to keep yer heid down, the troll tag is the better look.

I could ney careless !

seosamh77
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member
    I could ney careless !

clearly.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, have done so and would do again. Random acts of kindness help us all.

I can confirm this!

(And I still have it dude! 🙂 )

funkmasterp

And the award for most misleading thread title goes to unfitgeezer. Your title and initial post paint Corbyn as the child snatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Only he’s talking about borrowing property short term to help victims of a horrendous event.

The lack of empathy from some is astounding, though sadly not at all surprising. I just hope you’re never put in a similar situation.

sc-xc

^ I just pity him. And that Jamba, whatever the **** that is.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just hope you’re never put in a similar situation.

I’m guessing like any good right winger the op will accept that living in a burning building was entirely his choice and that he will have planned ahead with a couple of nice investment properties to move into. Doesn’t everyone?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member
    unfitgeezer – Member
    I could ney careless !
    clearly.

I’m surprised you can make a judgement on someone you’ve never met, and there was me thinking you were a decent chap or at least thats how it comes across with your caring attitude.

mikewsmith – Member
    I just hope you’re never put in a similar situation.

I’m guessing like any good right winger the op will accept that living in a burning building was entirely his choice and that he will have planned ahead with a couple of nice investment properties to move into. Doesn’t everyone?

you are talking absolute shit !!!!

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’m surprised you can make a judgement on someone you’ve never met, and there was me thinking you were a decent chap or at least thats how it comes across with your caring attitude.

They’re your words, no mine.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

some pathetic idiot responces on this thread, and some abstract trolling from under the bridge.

Jermy Corbyn cannot be trusted, he even ducked out of national service

funkmasterp

I think you should really call it quits here. You started a thread with a title clearly chosen to provoke, then filled your initial post full of half truths, conjecture and bollocks. Now you accuse somebody else of talking shite?

This is STW at its, what’s a great word for the opposite of finest, most vile?

Just pretend they’re talking about houses

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

funkmasterp – Member
    I think you should really call it quits here. You started a thread with a title clearly chosen to provoke, then filled your initial post full of half truths, conjecture and bollocks. Now you accuse somebody else of talking shite?

This is STW at its, what’s a great word for the opposite of finest, most vile?

I think you’re right I’ll quit, sorry once again that it’s okay for you to accuse me of not caring about anyone and that I’m a right winger. Sorry

funkmasterp

That wasn’t me, but apology accepted any way 😉

devash
    Free Member

Sad to see a thread such as this on STW. I’m all up for open debate but this and some of the political threads lately have made me realise I need to spend less time online.

jodafett

If British citizens buying homes in Spain and France distorted the market to the detriment of the locals, I would have no problems with believing their governments taking would take action to correct that situation.

FTFY

sc-xc

I agree devash. Some of the tripe posted here is straight from the pages of Britain First or EDL. I just add them to my mental list of idiots, take a moment to thank **** I’m a bit brighter than them and then ignore them.

Zone them out.

aracer
    Free Member

As pointed out, it’s not the locals getting rich, but in any case, it’s already rich people being made richer and whilst I’m not enough of a lefty to think that inherently wrong, it’s certainly not benefiting society in general (and just to head off the anticipate “trickle down economics” argument, any benefit from that is more than outweighed by the detrimental effects of high property prices).

A very large number of those units where occupied by retired people who’d lived there all their lives, that’s fair enough but don’t then complain firefighters and nurses have no where to live.

Good point. It’s clearly retired people refusing to leave the communities they’ve lived in all their lives where all their friends are who are causing the housing problem.

ctk
    Free Member

“occupied by old people” lol why haven’t the police caught up with this problem!

pondo

Good job he’s not campaigning, hey.

I grew up in a village that’s in commutable distance of a large city, not so many rich foreigners but plenty of white collar business types bought houses there during the boom, no-one that I went to school with and am still in touch with still lives there because house prices were outrageous. Not sure what benefit that’s brought to the region for anyone other than an existing home owner, did nack-all for me as my parents rented so when they passed away and the rent went through the roof, I had to buy the cheapest one-bed maisonette I could afford in a grotty area of the nearest new town instead of something similar in the village my friends and family lived in.

nealglover
    Free Member

People thinking they have a right to live in the Borough are taking the micky

Look on the bright side Jamba, there are nearly a hundred less of those “Micky Takers” for you to worry about now aren’t there.

**** heartless bastard.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

@Sandwhich he said OCCUPY – thats seizure

Oh well – what a **** tragedy that would be.

People are starting to remember that if a big enough portion of society gets wound up, then the rich can and will literally be eaten.

Remember folk, the law is a social construct – and it breaks down if enough people feel disenfranchised by society.

zokes
    Free Member

Remember folk, the law is a social construct – and it breaks down if enough people feel disenfranchised by society.

Agreed once more. That’s twice in one morning 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Perhaps the people need some cake,always makes a difference.

DrJ

Look on the bright side Jamba, there are nearly a hundred less of those “Micky Takers” for you to worry about now aren’t there.

They were only poor people, probably benefits scroungers. WGAS.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

not that I’m rich by any means but there seems be a real hatred of people owning money on the site, why ?

for e.g. my oldest and best friend earns what I earn in a year in a week, I’m not jealous we still hangout he just has more money than me so what ? he worked hard to get where he is why would anyone resent that of someone else ? he also like most law abiding citizens pays a lot of tax back to this country- thats surely a good thing.

i didn’t expect this post to turn into a hatred or attacking post. I aired my views and yes it wasn’t well thought out or written with any real research.

I believe there are many people on this site that own 2 or 3 properties does that mean they are not liked ? We are lucky that we can live in a society where we are allowed to do this, without savings or owning properties what incentive is there to work ?

The many families affected from the fire is heartbreaking apart from paying my taxes theres not much more I can do ? is there ? ( i mean on a bigger level)

I work in the charity sector and I see many walks of life everyday, some make you laugh some make you cry.

Just except people for who they are – our poo all smells the same.

Have a nice day enjoy the weather

Over n out from the capital

Edukator
    Free Member

There was someone on here asking about buying a buy-to-let in Poland. I didn’t notice any outrage.

Someone else said it’s fine if landlords rent out – that would depend on how affordable the rent is.

Requisitioning property that has been empty more than a year seems reasonable to me.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

without savings or owning properties what incentive is there to work ?

This is a great and timeless question. It’s only a shame that here it was rhetorical.

Back to the thread. Seriously, how much tabloid spin are the British going to tolerate? We have lost our way. Our moral and political compass is not only spinning wildly, it’s flinging shite left and right.

metalheart
    Free Member

They were only poor people, probably benefits scroungers. WGAS.

And they all seem to have funny foreign sounding names. They shouldn’t have been let into the country anyways. They’re lucky we let them burn to death!

<for the hard of thinking this is called satire, and I don’t really actually think this>

funkmasterp

I don’t own any properties (although I do have a mortgage) and I currently have no savings. I work to provide for my family, end of. If I was single, with no family, I’d probably be working a lot less.

Drac

To provide for my family and to help society.

zokes
    Free Member

not that I’m rich by any means but there seems be a real hatred of people owning money on the site, why ?

Not at all. I’d say there’s real hatred of people regurgitating Daily Mail headlines which bear little resemblance to facts and an apparent glass jaw when it comes to being held to account. You’re not one of those ghastly sycophants who thinks May is a victim of the fire are you?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

+1 zokes

People need to first install the tea and kittens plug in that blocks the mail and also read through the spin. Start with actual quotes read the speech and maybe questioning why somebody is spinning it.

There is also a huge division between people who are struggling and the poorest by a lot of standards most people are doing OK. They probably wouldn’t recognise the lives of those doing it really tough. You know do you have insurance or eat?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

You’re not one of those ghastly sycophants who thinks May is a victim of the fire are you?

No I can’t stand her either !

oldnpastit

Requisitioning property that has been empty more than a year seems reasonable to me.

Indeed. These people are hoarding a resource – in the olden days of food shortages, people who were found to have been hoarding grain got a lot worse than that.

Lazy Wikipedia link to an example which preceded the French Revolution, but there are plenty of examples from the UK:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flour_War

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 442 total)

The topic ‘Taking people property away if it's deemed you shouldn't have it – corbyn’ is closed to new replies.