Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Surfers Against Sewage. Write to your MP
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

I know I know… Another petition type thing. But this one is really important if you value the quality of our rivers and waterways and all the wildlife that relies upon them, plus us humans too.

https://www.sas.org.uk/EndSewagePollution-SewageBill

StuF

Already written to our useless waste of space – she won’t do anything except toe the blue party line

Markie
    Free Member

Ditto mine 🙁

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I am suspicious about the timing of this, although it could be a personality change at the top.

For the last three or more years the “sewage” bit has been dumped and the focus has been on plastic on beaches. These were the same years that priorities for the water companies were being decided and spending decisions being made by regulators. As soon as these are settled then “sewage” is back, but spending has been determined for the next five years so there won’t be any additional investment until 2025.

SAS know how the system works, board members have close links with directors of water and sewerage companies.

Current action seems to be more about harvesting of contact details and riding on other campaigns such as the Ilkley one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Surfers Against Sewage. Write to your MP’ is closed to new replies.