Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,496 total)
  • summer rugby
  • Kryton57

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    North and Cuthbert will be launched down the ten twelve channel so the wingers wont be involved in defending that too much from set piece

Agree with this. Hopefully our forwards will tire there’s and holes will appear. Listening to the radio earlier the Aus pundits reckon this match is a must win for Aus, as the pitch is hard and fast and suits them most. Alternatively test 2 and 3 pitches and attribution into the bench suits the lions more. However they are calling it evens tomorrow with advantage lions thereafter.

mikey3
    Free Member

I think the lions will win the series 3-0,aussies aren’t anything special.If wales did,nt have a mental block about always losing to the southern hemisphere teams they could and should have won out there,and I know there are lots of welsh players in the team but this time it will be different.

anagallis_arvensis

Right its here. Out with the bickering and in with the cheering. I really hope Croft plays a blinder and if whoever I made the pint bet with about him not starting a test posts their fav charity I’ll donate a fiver.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Early bike ride blown out by dog walking duties (don’t believe in combining both) but that gives pink ticket for 11:05! Feeling a real buzz already.

Don’t worry AA, Croft will deliver as will Parling in 2H combined with a last gasp brace from “Manu the Stinger” in the 70th minutes. Not that i am biased in any way!!!! In the meantime 1/2p will keep the scoreboard ticking hopefully. Roll on… 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Manu isnt even on the bench is he.
    Just walked the dog myself and now off to pub having refused to go and visit the outlaws with the mrs!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I can’t wait. Wandering around doing nothing in particular.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

AA, oops (re Manu) unless Gatland really is going to pull a surprise, like a 13 man line out 😉 Feel free to ignore any more of my jibberish!

Dog walk done, dogs fed, coffee on , paper ready (to check team selection 😳 ) feet up and relax ….. Relax?!?!

(Forget Manu, spikey for an early brace, I hope)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfUlKC_B76s[/video]
    The locals are going over old ground…

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Good Morning STW RFC. May it be a great game with good rugby an no injuries to either side. All together now Waltzing O’Driscoll, Waltzing O’Driscoll

I’d rather be a Lion than a roo! Etc

jambalaya
    Free Member

Stream on, Lions mousemat controlling operations

Kryton57

jambalaya – Member
    Stream on

+1 here we go, LIONS LIONS LIONS!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it’s all a bit yellow in there!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1 down 🙂

Kryton57

Ouch!

bigblackshed

Anyone with an iPhone friendly stream link?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

scrum win!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Boom what a scrum!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Very poor decision not to take the penalty. We need to play the game in their half given the way the breakdown is being reffed

DezB
    Free Member

From what you’ve seen so far, think there’s any chance of a Lions victory?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Surely Genia was holding on there

zokes
    Free Member

Well, Phillips is having a great game 🙄

Bear
    Free Member

2 early engagements missed, and both sides sealed off at try time surely

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I reckon the Lions chances have gone North…

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, thats more like it! Space, speed. not power!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Awesome score!!! Why is SOB in bench?

bearnecessities

Anywhere on internet radio to hear this? 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

talk sport have it I think

Stoner
    Free Member

bn – it appears talksport radio has the uk rights

http://www.talksport.co.uk/

click listen live or tune you DAB in.

DezB
    Free Member

Jeez, I knew that guy was gonna be dangerous… but wow.

zokes
    Free Member

Can I ask: where is this formidable welsh defence?

That was pathetic.

Pembo
    Free Member

Poor kick again from Philips set that one up.

DezB
    Free Member

That was a lucky penalty i reckon. Called. counter-rucking in most of the games I’ve seen!
    Certainly got more encouraging after the first 5 minutes. If the Lions can contain those Ozzie backs, we’ve got this. Great game.

zokes
    Free Member

So, that’s two clear chances for penalty scrum –> try turned down by breadman now. Where has this formidable welsh try scoring / not kicking play gone?

bearnecessities

Oh heck, if I must tune into that station! 😀

Cheers Stoner.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

And breathe out….

Phew, could have easily been 13:0 down. Thank goodness they can’t kick and we can! Plus Youngs can throw into the line out (albeit none of them straight down the middle!!!). Ref annoying with delay setting scrum. It’s as if he wants to ping someone for early engage. It’s has happened every time, with free kicks equalling out. Poor reffing IMO.

Great game though. Good tries, great commitment. Roll on the 2H

Barnes still showing he was a pretty boy with Corb’s commens. Lions under pressure, forward takes a tactical breather. Ow, I have a sore calf!!! Lions re-group and the hard men get ready again!

DezB
    Free Member

Zokes – Wales aren’t playing mate. Its the British & Irish Lions. Yeah?

Kryton57

How come Aus are allowed to roll over the player in the tackle – some missing refereeing there…

wrecker
    Free Member

Curious game. I can’t figure out is spikey is having a mare or if he and sexton aren’t on the same song sheet.
    Lacking penetration at present, they need to start popping up and unders over that blitz defence. Sexton did it once and it worked a treat. Scrum dominance and north is awesome. 2 broken Aussies already.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I was worried that BOD was a spent force – pls prove me wrong in 2H with some of the old magic. I like Philips generally but his delivery is lacking a the moment IMO.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A great half for the impartial observer. I’m sure I’ll get flamed but lets play in their half via a quality kicking game and let the scrum dominate. If they kick loose we can hurt them as we’ve seen. The win is what what matters.

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,496 total)

The topic ‘summer rugby’ is closed to new replies.