Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 1,496 total)
  • summer rugby
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Anyone got a youtube link for the full game yet?

A very salient point was made by a commentator this week; almost all of the lions media attention has been focussed on a player not in the squad and the coach. Rather than the poor performances of most of the Lions in the first two games. 💡

vondally
    Free Member

wonderful game wonderful win tense after half time

Gatland and coaches got things right especially back row, biggest improvement SOB and faleteau immense games

front 3 excellent, hibbard very good and clearly has a head of stone as was youngs when he came on

impressed with parling marvellous tap tackle

Wyn Jones was a true capt lead by example especially on some of the chases.

Phillips was better than 1st test but still below par by his standards

Sexton sublime

Davies show some good creative touches and Roberts lasted longer than I thought

Aussies deserve a lot of credit wonderful team and brilliantly creative. Horwill should have gone for the kick not to touch could have been a lot closer

Men of the series over three games

Halfpenny
    Jones
    Corbesario
    Geita
    Foleau
    Mowen

Wonderful advert for rugby

Gatland to stay at Wales

England for 2015 world cup…age is on their side and will develop under Lancaster to be more creative.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Found a link for the full game 🙂

Wallabies vs Lions 3rd Test 2013

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow brilliant game, a great Lions win not a Welsh win, not an english win, not a Scottish win not an Irish win a freakin British Lions win.

To those who slated Gatland on here, have the decency to say you were wrong and he was right, he made some hard choices and they paid off, if you were winding yourself up to slag him if the Lions had lost well turn it round and praise the man.

AA why did you have to have that little pop at Zokes???? FFS grow up and just enjoy a brilliant sporting occasion.

I will prove myself a hypocrite now and say the only fly in the ointment for me was Farrell getting on the pitcth because I honestly don’t think he deserved to be there.

anagallis_arvensis

Why did I have a pop at zokes? Go back and take a look what he has said about me.
    Farrel did well when he came on to be fair.
    I am looking forward to Corbisero and Adam scrumaging against each other next season. Corbisero was utterly brilliant in both games he played in.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes and he has said some stuff about me in the past, eh let it go and stop spoiling for everyone else.

I am worried what Wales do when Adam is finished.

Yes he did but the game was won IMO maybe I am just bitter 😉

vondally
    Free Member

AA agree on corbs but he got more protection at the scrum from the ref than. Vuniploa last week …….no?

anagallis_arvensis

No, Vunipola is a poor scrumager.

Wales need some new props as Gethin and Adam wont last much longer. Need to find more quality back up at 9 too. Wales have a bloody strong 23 when they are all fit but the level drops rapidly after that.
    Combined with the game dying on its arse in wales its a worry. But:

1/2p
    Cuthbert
    Davies
    Roberts
    North
    Priestland
    Phillips
    Faletau
    Lydiate
    Warbs
    Evans
    Aw Jones
    Adam
    Hibbard
    Gethin

James/Bevington
    Owens
    Jailbird
    Charteris
    R Jones/Tips
    L Williams
    Biggar
    S Williams

should give the crims a game in November

jambalaya
    Free Member

WOW … won in some style

duckman

Ace, didn’t expect that! 😀

vondally
    Free Member

AA ………..lol re scrum….see in 6nations

England are the team with most potential Wales game is on its arse…..which is a great shame

anagallis_arvensis

Now England may have potential but I’m not sure how you have worked that out from today or the Lions tour. Wales for example have 4 Lions capped backrowers all under 25, not to mention North and Cuthbert under 25 along with Davies. Even AWJ and Roberts test lions on 2 tours are about 27 younger than Parling.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I think that Tom Youngs and Mako Vunipola have both shown great potential this series, whether or not England have more potential than Wales, I’m not so convinced. However I’d have my money on England to beat a SH team over Wales to do it any day!

vondally
    Free Member

Part of it is about being on tour and winning. So
    Farrell
    Wade
    Young t
    Cole
    Coresibo
    Vuniploa
    Mani
    Part of it as well is the tour allowed others to be in Argentina
    Eastmond
    Burns

Looks good for 15 does Wales have the depth of squad…..no and in all fairness cuthbert is going to need a lotof work defensively…..maybe Chris Ashton could help him……..smile

anagallis_arvensis

no and in all fairness cuthbert is going to need a lot of work defensively

whereas Wade was a defensive colossus in his Lions game! 😆

Farrell
    Wade
    Young t
    Cole
    Coresibo
    Vuniploa
    Mani
    Part of it as well is the tour allowed others to be in Argentina
    Eastmond
    Burns

1 of those would get in the Wales first 15 another 2 OK 3 would bench, the rest you can keep.

anagallis_arvensis

anyway more importantly when did this concussion sub bullshit come in? No way should Smith have been allowed back on the pitch, he could have had all sorts off stuff going on with his brain another bang to his head could easily have killed him. A boxer would have been stopped, the ref shouldn’t have let him back on imo.

Pigface
    Free Member

Can’t argue with that AA.

duckman

You get worse than that,some of the super whatever games have guys stagger off the pitch,then back on soon after. Some dunt Mongo’s wee brother gave him.

anagallis_arvensis

wonder what happened to Fatwick Swayze here?

looks tired here:

wrecker
    Free Member

1 of those would get in the Wales first 15 another 2 OK 3 would bench, the rest you can keep.

Funny, as Only 1/2p and north remotely interest me of the Wales lot. England have as good as or better options everywhere else.

tor5
    Free Member

Well it *looks* like he got slotted. But there’s no way the rest of the pack wouldn’t have seen/heard the shot and piled in on Moore…

anagallis_arvensis

Funny, as Only 1/2p and north remotely interest me of the Wales lot. England have as good as or better options everywhere else.

should have played them in the last game then shouldn’t they, better options than Warbs, Tips, Faletau, Lydiate, AW Jones, Adam Jones, Davies, Roberts? Who are these players and where are they hiding?

Cole, Youngs and Tuilagi maybe other than that erm er? Croft? Robshaw?

anagallis_arvensis

it *looks* like he got slotted

wasn’t the hooker, could have been the tighthead but he doesn’t even look to see what his handywork did so I reckon it wasn’t that. He went down like a sack of spuds and then got up OK… really odd. It was also not that long after his head clash with Smith

wrecker
    Free Member

One good game (in the entire 6n) and a few very close wins does not a great team make.
    Same bet next year? 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Same bet next year?

In the interests of fairness yes, but I’m not confident of beating England at Twickenham.

One good game (in the entire 6n) and a few very close wins does not a great team make.

True enough but a Grandslam followed by a six nations championship is a good start. A win against an all blacks team who all had the shits doesn’t make a great team either. If Wales are lucky enough to have few injuries next six nations they might well have far too much experience for England. Lancaster is doing a good job but England are far too slow to give talent a chance. Look at Parling he’s two years older than AW Jones AW has 70 caps and has been on two Lions tours what has Parling got? Tuilagi is 22 with 20 odd caps North is 21 with 30 odd. Halfpenny has 44 at 24 Ben Foden is 27 with 30ish. Ben Morgan 24 and 12 caps, Faletau 22 and 26 caps. All players with a similar level of talent but the welsh have more experience.

Scamper
    Free Member

I can’t believe how few people are creaming themselves on here this evening. I’ll be generous and put it down to the magnitude of that victory has not sunk in yet.

wrecker
    Free Member

Lancaster is doing a good job but England are far too slow to give talent a chance.

I wholly agree with you there. It’s always been the case, I suspect that the elite squad is a big ship to turn and they invest so much in the players that its difficult to chop and change. That is just a guess, and not formed by any kind of fact. I just can’t see any other reason.
    You had a bit of selective comparison though, compare Manu with Davies (who is 3years older) with only 15 odd caps more.

DezB
    Free Member

I can’t believe how few people are creaming themselves on here this evening. I’ll be generous and put it down to the magnitude of that victory has not sunk in yet.

I think this thread is about something else, mate.
    I mean, check out calling a Lions hero “Fatwick” wtf this that about?

vondally
    Free Member

Will say it again great win for the lions great result for rugby union.

IMHO England look a better option for 15 than Wales but both teams will struggle against all blacks and probably aus.

Foleau looks to be an outstanding player and could beone of the best in the world.His contest with North was a highlight, Foleau stood up and beat north very easily at times

AA good call on concussion absolutely should not be allowed on, with Hibbard I initially thought it was oxygen deprivation, he was working hard in the open and the in the scrum.

WAde was still better defensively than ashton…………

happy to keep the rest and see what happens in 15 six nations, nexy season is a stepping stone. England need a better scrum half.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Why all the England / Wales beef? We have just stuffed the cheating Aussies in there own backyard. Rejoice!

More gifs please aa – I’m on my iPad so can’t post them!

vondally
    Free Member

why the … for me no beef just bANTER and simple…we won game over now looking forward to the next game! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Last lineout…Stampy Horwill pulled the jumper clean out of the air.

anagallis_arvensis

I mean, check out calling a Lions hero “Fatwick” wtf this that about?

Fatrick not Fatwick and if it upsets you you’ll have to speak to Adam Jones.

Wrecker I compared Tuilagi and North as both are a bit freakish physically and started earlier. Compare Davies with Brad Barrit maybe?

DanW
    Free Member

Hibbard was out cold from the scrum engagement (his arms go floppy)- looks like a head clash with the Aus hooker

tor5
    Free Member

Hibbard was out cold from the scrum engagement (his arms go floppy)- looks like a head clash with the Aus hooker

That could explain it, Moore looks a bit floppy as they disengage too

anagallis_arvensis

so who to pick v All blacks next time?

1/2p
    North
    Tuilagi
    Twelvetrees
    Wade/Eli Walker
    Madigan
    Youngs
    Faletau
    ?
    Tips/Warbs/SOB
    Launchbury
    Grey
    Cole
    Youngs
    Corbisero

hitman
    Free Member

Every time I check back on this rugby thread there’s Wrecker writing absolute nonsense and AA barely managing to contain his contempt as he educates the rugby ignorant – classic! 🙂

Tom-B
    Free Member

Take your personal insults elsewhere hitman.

I agree with most of those suggestions AA. Jonathan Davies rather than Manu for me. I’m hoping that Ben Morgan can really step up over the next few years so maybe an option and I’d love to see Robshaw tour. How old is Connor Murray? He’s been the best 9 in the tests for me even though he was the only one not to start! Bradley Davies and AWJ will both tour next time I’d guess. Who knows how good Mako will be by then?! Samson Lee at tighthead maybe? He’d certainly be good in the midweek team!

anagallis_arvensis

I agree with most of those suggestions AA. Jonathan Davies rather than Manu for me. I’m hoping that Ben Morgan can really step up over the next few years so maybe an option and I’d love to see Robshaw tour. How old is Connor Murray? He’s been the best 9 in the tests for me even though he was the only one not to start! Bradley Davies and AWJ will both tour next time I’d guess. Who knows how good Mako will be by then?! Samson Lee at tighthead maybe? He’d certainly be good in the midweek team!

Morgan will never be as good as Faletau. Murray and mako are good shouts though, Healey will have something to prove too. AWJ may have lost his engine by then, what he lacks in bulk he makes up for in work rate the guy is immense. Samson Lee might have the best name in rugby but he’s got a lot to learn. Cole will be in his prime at the next tour with luck.

Take your personal insults elsewhere hitman

hardly insulting was it? Anyway I like him! 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

Every time I check back on this rugby thread there’s Wrecker writing absolute nonsense and AA barely managing to contain his contempt as he educates the rugby ignorant – classic!

Ok. The knob has arrived. Time to close I think.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 1,496 total)

The topic ‘summer rugby’ is closed to new replies.