Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 223 total)
  • STW Peaks meet 28th: Roll call
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

Mate and lift has cancelled on me due to the weather, have a good one

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Had to bail out by road after the first hour. Bit of a comedy off fcuked a knee.

Snowy and muddy!!

Thanks to Chris for organising!
    Paul

benkitcher
    Free Member

Bugger!! I thought this was tomorrow (sunday) for some reason.

Just checked on here for a time and place and noticed the boat has been missed somewhat!

Pook

Hi all –

so, it was a bit mental eh? Sorry I couldn't sort better weather, but hopefully you all enjoyed it and the route was too bad.

Will will no doubt stick some video up soon, but for now – all I've got is this

Nice to meet you all and put some names to faces. I'll wait for the good weather for the next one I sort!

Bunnyhop

Looks like fun.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

looks fun, always good up there in snow 🙂

Pook, you definately need to organise another one. Maybe a pre-christmas ride with pub stops? 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

its taken me a little over an hour to clean me, my bike and my clothes. still good fun

simon1975

Cheers for the ride, but why did you make me go through that lake? 😀

If anyone fancies more of the same in that area, take a look at the club I ride with, http://www.natsmtb.com/ We're often up that way and we have a good mix of riders. Usually it's around the same overall sort of pace, with banter like we had today. Anyhow, I'm leading a couple of Sunday NATS rides with them after xmas, one of which start from Bamford.

And very well done to the lads who cleared Cavedale today – nice riding.

will
    Free Member

Great ride, thanks Chris!

Bike has just been dumped in the Garage, as it is far to cold to start cleaning it now, and it's dark.

My videos…well they didn't work basically! There is a small one of you all going down a hill (the grassy muddy one) but the rest have just been deleted.

Btw…My legs do look long there 😆

Was great to meet everybody

kempfab
    Free Member

Great ride, really enjoyed the route, cheers Chris.

Just adding jockey wheels and a snorkel to my camelbak list…

Off out in the cold to wash bike now, see ya soon.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Crackin' ride today gents. Great to put names to faces too. I only dabbed about 4 times on the way down Cavedale…sadly with my backside but excellent fun anyway. I'll look forward to another one of these rides soon. Maybe with more snow 🙂

Came home to find mountains of snacks (pringles, twiglets, crumpets, potato cakes) thanks to my girlfriend having friends up to stay. And Star Wars was on the tele. Good day all round really.

jon

racing_ralph
    Free Member

what route did you do in the end? loads of miserable bastards in the peak today over ladybower way!! not saying that was you lot btw

simonm
    Free Member

think I saw you on the Main road near the undertakers around 3-4ish today Rob ? I was trying to run you over.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

not me – was home and eating soup at that time 🙂

adey205
    Free Member

looks like you all had fun.
    really sorry i missed this one.let us know when you get next one organised chris.

beefy

Will definitely look out for the next one! The snow was only around for a but this morning in Holmfirth, looks like you had it bad.

Well done for getting out!

I fancy an epic night peak ride thing!

robidoo
    Free Member

Was a good-un, first time I have done this route. Was real carnage going down the grass towards the gate at the top of Cavedale, I was pi55ing my self at the comedy crashing going off all around me.
    Had two off's myself in the snow but on grass so got away with it,it's the furthest I have ever travelled along side my bike.
    Great to get down Cavedale without dabbing in the wet/snow, found a nice step down jump in the quarry bit too.
    Deffo up for the next one, oh nice to meet you all.
    Rob.

lyons
    Free Member

Yeah, it was a good ride, that grassy bit at the top of cavedale was interesting.riding behind will, i could see him sliding, and knew there was no way to avoid it… I also had a crash further down, but i think will was the only one who saw that one… Somehow i managed to avoid the rocks… I fancy riding the peaks again soon, but i doubt anyone i ride with will want to come, so if anyone fancies another ride, that would be great…

longstuff
    Free Member

It was a great ride, my front mech didn't think so!.
    Anyone got a map of the route that i could print out?

Mark

SkipRatsBro
    Free Member

Thanks Pook for a fun ride. 4 crashes not bad on such bad terrain.
    Managed to get the sheep poo and mud out of my helmet after my grass mowing fall. Looking foward to the next one.
    Hope the rest of the Brotherhood of pushers are okay.
    Paul

robidoo
    Free Member

Did anyone stay on two wheels?

Pook

I stayed on two wheels, but had more dabs than a granny at the bingo. Oh, and my rear mech decided to explode as well as you know!

I'm really glad you all liked the route – it's one of my favourites and cracking in the drier months (or when it's colder and frozen solid!)

Mark, I think there's a map further up the thread on one of my posts…. in fact…. here it is!

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=26806

If you were all keen on the route and do fancy something similar the area is full of stuff to keep you occupied. I'll happily sort another one out in the not too distant future.

I take it length etc was about right?

I only ask 'cos there's a 14 miler that sets off from Edale again and takes in Jacobs Ladder as a descent. If the weather's anything like it was 14 miles will be more than enough I think.

A new year's belly beater perhaps?

Paul – sorry you had to drop out after Mam Tor – how's the knee?

Will – the problem with my camera? I'd write protected the bloody SD card. Typical.

Cheers all!

skiprat
    Free Member

Cheers Pook for sorting this one out and thanks to all that came and made a cold wet day a really good day out. Some cracking trails and the snow just made some of the downhills superb!!

Look forward to the next time we all meet up.

Chris

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Paul – sorry you had to drop out after Mam Tor – how's the knee?

Thanks for asking. Bizarrely started ride with Pre-patellar bursitis only to have it pop when I slid off. Knee probably better now than before we started!!! 🙂

Would love to do some more in the Peak when it is less muddy! Only other experience was Cutgate after a dry spell 🙂

Cheers
    Paul

will
    Free Member

Anybody fancy a ride this saturday 😆

Pook

5th? hmmm…..

we could potentially do that film we keep talking about will

lyons
    Free Member

hah, now that is tempting… I'm buying a 'bigger' bike now. The frame is on its way, just need the forks. SO maybe in a week or 2 once that is up and working…

Pook

More weight to cart up that quarry wall!

😉

lyons
    Free Member

and more sus, better geometry to get down. I'm kinda annoyed that i pussied out of that one now…

lyons
    Free Member

Although also more weight to pedal up the climbs 🙁

Pook

hahaha – look at it this way; you were the only one to think of trying that particular descent so there's no pride lost at all!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Pook – Member

5th? hmmm…..

we could potentially do that film we keep talking about will

Oa aye does it involve you Pooking some small furry animals with a cold button mushroom?

😉

Pook

indeed it does, i shitake you not….

😉

thepodge
    Free Member

if we do it again can i put rock in some people's bags to slow them down? or can some one lend me a better set of legs?

will
    Free Member

I fixed my CX bike on sunday, so I will be up there on that. Pook, think a video would be a good idea!

I shall also be wearing some winter gear 😆

New thread?

longstuff
    Free Member

Will, where are you thinking of riding?

will
    Free Member

Not sure. Probably Hope Cross/Beast/Ladybower. Just an idea though…

Sorted the front Mech yet? 😆

longstuff
    Free Member

I was thinking about a ride where no front mech was needed. Its easy booting the chain down to the granny ring, it takes a bit more skill to get it back up!

will
    Free Member

😆

skiprat
    Free Member

Think i'll have to miss the next one as a visit to the docs confirmed i have a nice "thick" chest infection. Fingers crossed the anti biotics will either help me ride up hill or at least push up a bit quicker!! 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 223 total)

The topic ‘STW Peaks meet 28th: Roll call’ is closed to new replies.