Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • STW news letter, Super Cool or a bit Wonky ****, should I sign up?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

I have considered ticking the box for the STW news letter, however I'm worried that I might just have another email to delete in my in box.

Any advice about if I should sign up or not!

Anyone actually get the news letter and what do you think of it?

Good stuff or what's that on my shoe?

snaps
    Free Member

Resprayed & sold on that cracked Meta frame yet?

atlaz
    Free Member

You know, you probably spent more time writing this than it'd take to delete the email. Course I spent longer telling you this than it'd take too.

kaesae
    Free Member

OK well thanks for clarifying the situation, Obvisously this is a bit compliceted for you two.

How about yes or no?

and if you can stay focused long enough, one sentence telling me why you think that!

Is it any good just tell me FFS!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Live a little kaesae, get signed up!

kaesae
    Free Member

Is it any good barnsleymitch? are there guides for riding spots and good stories with photo's. Do they tell you about local bike clubs and what's happening?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Yeah, I think it's good – bit of a mixed bag, but well worth signing up for. At the end of the day, it's free – what's not to like?

Junkyard
    Free Member

are there guides for riding spots

yes full of special sections on what should a nutter with a bad back and a broken/stolen frame ride 🙄
    rattle cage…. puts on kettle goes to look for bicuits dreaming of a kaesae/fruit argument thread

kaesae
    Free Member

You Sir are a troll!!!

julianwilson
    Free Member

its just an advert for the front page of the forum. I you look in there every so often you don't need reminding to do so by email once every so often. But its not like they inundate you with stuff: I get waaaay more from Dirt/Mpora.

kaesae
    Free Member

julianwilson

Cheers mate! good to have a straight answer. A lot of drama and intrugue on STW. Too many legends in their own minds.

I think I'll give it a miss, got enough crap with automated phone calls and just email as it is.

woody2000

Latest one here:

Hello woody2000,

Busy busy busy over here at Singletrack HQ. We're currently working which events we're attending this season and which ones we're going to have politely decline. Talking of events, Singletrack was at last month's Sea Otter event over in The Stateside and filed back many a report. Here's a handy compendium of the best bits…

————————————————————————————————————————

Best of Sea Otter

New Yeti 29er
    From what we’re hearing from the US bike trade, it seems that 29ers are now making up a fair amount of the high end hardtail market, at least in the Eastern and Central bits. The west coast seems undecided at the moment. It’s not surprising then, that Yeti has decided to enter the fray.

Sea Otter: SRAM Goes 2×10 Again.
    It’s almost as if SRAM and Shimano are in an intense rivalry to outdo each other. But they wouldn’t be that petty, would they? Would they?

Sea Otter: Ibis HD now exists…
    The much salivated-after Ibis Mojo HD is now a reality. With 160mm rear travel and the DW Link suspension all combined into a carbon frame, it’s one of the most talked about things in our office, for sure.

Sea Otter: New and prototype Marzocchi
    We’re only just getting to grips with our 2010 test sample Marzocchi 44 and now they’ve made a carbon version. It’s not quite as flash as it looks as it’s just a carbon wrap (so it might even end up heavier than the regular one…) but it does look pretty…

Sea Otter: Crank Bros 2011
    Crank Bros started the the Sea Otter weekend off with a lunch and a presentation.
    Sea Otter: Formula and The Hive
    I took a spin past Formula to see what was new. Some was obvious and some was tucked down out of sight…

Sea Otter: Salsa Cycles, Kona and Norco
    Salsa Cycles returned to the Sea Otter, after missing it last year and showcased brand new designs for the 26in steel A La Carte and the 29er steel El Mariachi bikes. They also showed a new road tourer called the Vaya.

Sea Otter: Bontrager and Cannondale
    You start with a carbon Cannondale frame with carbon Lefty. Then you put a 2×10 SRAM XX cassette on it, but shift it via Dura Ace Di2 electronic road shifters and mechs… Quite bonkers

Sea Otter: A few quickies
    Hey, I’m supposed to be on a plane in about eight hours, so here’s a quick story to keep you going until I’m back from the States (in theory at least…)

Sea Otter: The new Rocky Mountain Slayer – in Gabblevision!
    Now, before you click ‘Play’, make sure you’re up to speed, because Andreas had honed his presentation to a razor sharp edge by the time Chipps got to see him at Sea Otter. Consequently he rattles through the delights and benefits of the new Rocky Mountain Slayer in under three minutes…

Best of the Long Termers

Long Termers: Benji’s Kinesis Decade Virsa
    I think I’ve finally found the perfect build – and perfect type of trails – for this bike. In a nutshell: wide-ish flat handlebar, 90mm stem, decent 100mm fork, fast but grippy tyres, singlespeed (sorry!) and then take it to some tree-lined singletrack dirt.

Long Termers: Team Singletrack’s Ibis Tranny
    I’ve been able to get a fair amount of riding done on the Tranny in its 1×9 trail bike build. It rides really well and manages to feel snappy in acceleration without being harsh on the bumps. It’s a fun bike to ride hard and I like the way that the light frame allows a solid build without ending up with a heavy bike. Fast corners are a treat, you can chuck the bike around and it’s a hoot through the berms or on a tight and twisty natural singletrack trail.

Long Termers: Chipps’ Ibis Mojo SL
    There does seem to be a fair number of Ibises (Ibii?) in the office at the moment. This always seems to be the way with test bikes. Last year you couldn’t move for Yetis. This year, there are three or four Ibis bikes around the place. You’ll have seen the Tranny elsewhere on these pages and Ed Oxley also has the old, original Mojo – now built up in a ‘big mountain burl’ guise rather than the lighter build it had when I was riding it.

http://www.insted.com/pages/chamonix-courses/en
    http://www.insted.com/pages/chamonix-courses/en

Best of the Socks

Singletrack Wool Socks

Made for us by Sock Guy in the US these socks are the finest and most comfortable technical riding socks we have ever found. Complete with Singletrack logos plus a cleat design on the sole for ultimate bike geek chic.

Available in two sizes
    Small/Medium = UK 5-9
    Large/Xlarge = UK 9-13
    – £10.99
    In brown (pictured) or blue.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/shop/acatalog/clotheshop.html

Follow us on Twitter Join our Facebook Group

The Small Grey Print…

You are receiving this email because you have subscribed to the Singletrack mailing list at http://www.singletrackworld.com. You can unsubscribe at any time by going to your account on singletrackworld.com and un-checking the mailing list option. DO NOT reply to this message. If you need to contact someone email office@singletrackworld.com

Singletrack Magazine, Lockside Mill, Dale St., Todmorden, Lancs, OL14 5PX, United Kingdom.
    Singletrack is a trading name of Gofar Enterprises Ltd.
    Registered Company No: 04180474 England. VAT No: 703451567

kaesae
    Free Member

woody2000

thank you!
    I think I'll sign up!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘STW news letter, Super Cool or a bit Wonky ****, should I sign up?’ is closed to new replies.