Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • STW Morzine… yes, again…. 2019 so getting the thread in early.
  • wwaswas

*shameless plug*

Want a Morzine t-shirt? Want to support Team Cortado?

What are you waiting for?

https://teamcortado.teemill.com/product/team-cortado-morzine-2019-yellow-logo/

team cortado tee

and with a black logo:

https://teamcortado.teemill.com/product/team-cortado-morzine-2019-tee/

weeksy

What’s that all about mate ?

I’m not against it and it’s a nice tshirt 🙂

I was going to go with the Gnarpoon 🙂

and this

wwaswas
    weeksy

In that case, how can i say no 🙂

wwaswas

🙂

rone

for an easy waymarked XC trail, follow the Tour de Plateau de Loex (Black means long with climbing rather than gnarly)

Thanks for that

Stoner
    Free Member

Id recommend getting a single ticket up pleney,ride liaison to Les gets, buy 2x tickets for Les gets, use one on chavannes to go there tour of the plateau. Finish back in Les gets and use your second ticket again on chavannes to get to the return back to morzine.

To make a Day of it, you may wish to add one more ticket in Les gets to go up mont Chery bubble and ride to mont caly for lunch. Phone ahead to reserve.

Les Chevrelles

2999 Route du Mont Caly, 74260 Les Gets, France
    +33 4 50 79 85 40 https://g.co/kgs/Sv9W7t

jimdubleyou

Mrs Dubs & I will be bimbling around Morzine & Les Gets on the 14th.

If you see a woman who’s not quite sure why she’s following her husband down this mountain on a rental bike,  say hi 🙂

I think we’re white-watering on the 15th so can’t join the STW ride-out.

Stoner – anything “gravel-ish” in the area? I get a day out to play on Friday so might rent again or take my Arkose up a mountain.

GeForceJunky

The Mrs and I are probably up for a ride on the 15th. Will have DH bikes and Enduro ebikes with us so not fussed about what sort of riding! See you at SuperM 9:45 hopefully! We are out 11th – 31st August … 🙂 🙂 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Gravel climbing or gravel bimbling?

Bimbling the track that runs alongside the river from erigné to seytroux is very pleasant and chilled.

Or, climb over col de gollese and descend to samoens. Ride back over col du joux plan for a brutal day out;)

jimdubleyou

Or, climb over col de gollese and descend to samoens. Ride back over col du joux plan for a brutal day out;)

Cheers – will take a look

Stoner
    Free Member

Effectively following gr5
    Double track all the way, no rock steps or similar.walked it with jr last week. 500m climb from erigné to col. 1000m descent to samoens

weeksy

2 days to go and remarkable as it seems, neither myself or my lad have spannered ourselves before taking the day trip to morzine for the meet up.

Plan is to leave about 6ish, hit the motorway down and be arriving in town before 9 for a quick coffee and croissant before heading to meet up. I’ll then attempt to not being talked into whatever DH Jersey they have hanging in the window.
    Hit some trails, have some fun.

I’ll be wearing my xc helmet I think as the other day I found some padding which I thought was from an old motorbike helmet so put on the shelf in the garage, checking and sorting our kit, it seems it’s the back bit of my FF helmet. So not sure if it’s ok without. But I think and assume the morning will be more XC based than full on DH insanity. My boy will be in his FF and full armour though, but that’s as much for him being clumsy and falling out o mf a lift as it is for his riding

Ambrose

Hi guys, are we still on for this? I’ll be there, in need of a coffee and some dress sense. I’m not feeling brilliant so definitely not up for any ‘DH insanity’ if possible, XC for me.

9.45 @ Super Morzine?

weeksy

Yup, Stoner has collected mine and my lads passes, so we’re good to go. Currently at the pool in Burgundy but will be out of bed early and on the road etc.
    You know my levels of DH are far from insanity, but I see some blues at the top of Zore in the afternoon for us. Until then, we’re in your and stoners hands. Lunch somewhere nice, maybe that place which was doing the BBQ the other year, was that Lindarets?

Stoner
    Free Member

I’ll be there

Bright orange #rideformarc shirt.

Not going to be able to guide a day as have dadly duties but good for a morning thrashing around off SM

See those who make it tomorrow morning.

PS bank holiday tomorrow and street side clearance shop sales in morzine

weeksy

Eeek don’t tell me that!

Ambrose

You will be the first person to I’ve seen in a #rideformarc shirt, apart from myself.

weeksy

Yawn. Morning!

GeForceJunky

Very much yawn! Not sure I’m going to make it, only just woken up!

Stoner
    Free Member

Binned the bright orange shirt. All in black this morning plus green helmet. Just off to get cafe and croissant. Back at SM in 10 mins

jimdubleyou

Hope you guys had a good time. Cheers for the gravel tips Stoner – I had a little ride out up to Vigny on the route you suggested.

Realised I didn’t have much left in my pads so discretion played the better part and I turned round.

GeForceJunky

I got out on the ebike up to Col De la Basse which was a awesome decent. Hope you guys had a good ride, weather turned out to be peachy.

weeksy

Spent the day at moraine with my lad and a couple of mates, I’d never have thought of ‘green’ routes as being fun, but they’re bike park Wales blues, but more jumpy.

If someone could do the proper link it would be appreciated as I don think this will work fully

It’s just completely sold me on why I do love the place, it’s not all crazy gap jumps, but it is beer, it is this monstrosity of a Southern fried chicken burger with waffles, bacon, cheese, syrup!

Massive thanks guys for the guiding!!!

But mostly it’s the trails. My lad was flying and once I’ve uploaded the next video it will show at times he literally was flying!!! It wasn’t easy keeping up!!!

2019-08-15_09-10-14 by Steve WeeksFlickr2BBcode
    H8216, undefined@4.4 mm, f2.0, 1/2000s, ISO40

The banter and laughs were ace, the company was great. I’m in love.

Ambrose

Aw shucks… 😍

What happened to you after we split up? I had a nice crepe up at Abricotine, took the Mossette lift for a quick run over in Les Crosets and then back to Zore for the descent down to L’Ele.

Anyway, superb day, glad you enjoyed. Same time next year?

weeksy

We came back to top of Zore, I sent you 2 texts and called you but went to answerphone, so we did another bit, then tried you again before our last run, same, straight to answerphone mate, so we pulled the plug and got back to Burgundy for 7pm to meet Mrs Weeksy for tea.

weeksy

Same time next year?

Yes but we’ll be staying longer!

Stoner
    Free Member

Great to see you chaps and young weeksy is proper ooorzum on the trails.

Aye,same time next year. Ambrose,jr and I may well see you in autumn Brechfa way.

Jimw – pads?good excuse! ,😉

If you’re around for a bit,drop me a line

weeksy

Blame GoPro for the tunes

matt_outandabout

Eldest_oab has been hanging out with new mates, including Mr Peat.

Love this – “What happens when a single girl turns up in Morzine”

(Eldest_oab is green/black helmet that collides with camera)

https://www.facebook.com/167286746637595/posts/2687373754628869/?sfnsn=mo

jimdubleyou

Hey – when you’re mincing down the hills as badly as I do, you need a full set of pads!

We’re off to Limousin to meet family tomorrow. Might just have persuaded Mrs Dubs that a week in the Alps might not be a rubbish holiday next year so that’s a win!

weeksy

weeksy

Last one

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘STW Morzine… yes, again…. 2019 so getting the thread in early.’ is closed to new replies.