Viewing 40 posts - 3,201 through 3,240 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

This is funny, do you do bookings?

anagallis_arvensis

You pay I’ll turn up!

toys19
    Free Member

Its a double act, english closet(homo)phobic vs racist gay welsh dude/ette.

Kryton57

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Better the Brian & Jiffy show!

DanW
    Free Member

Are we desperate to get to 100 pages or something without much rugby to talk about

Not even Nigel Owens could diffuse some of the stuff on this thread…. 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Christopher!!!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

So, off to watch Sale V Gloucester this afternoon. Yesterdays results mainly went in Sale’s favour, with Wasps and Quins losing without Bonus Points. Can Sale beat Glos today? Sale have lost their last two & I understand Glos have lost their last 4 games.
    Ross Harrison starts at Loosehead for Sale, big game up against Afoa there.
    Speculation?

Magnus Lund’s 100th game for Sale today*
    Mark Cueto’s 300th game for the club!

*MsD has bought me a Viking hat, so look out for a clown in a silly hat behind the sticks in the home end 😆

bigblackshed

DanW – Member

Not even Nigel Owens could diffuse some of the stuff on this thread….

He’d tell them they are acting immature, stop it, and get on with their own game. Either that or get a room. 😉

toys19
    Free Member

If I knew what AA looked like I could tell you if there was a room getting likleyhood. I do like his/her charisma though.

Scamper
    Free Member

Glaws lost 2, drawn one and won once in last 4.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Thanks for the clarification 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Gareth Davies red card yesterday. Anyone see it. Havent found it on ewetube yet.
    Manu Tuilagi out for rest of season.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Can we please bring back the ‘no individual arguments lasting more than a page’ rule from previous years!!

toys19
    Free Member

It has lasted a page, now we have a booked a suite, so cool yer boots.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Close game here, Sale 10 – 6 Glos at half time. I was on telly before kickoff! 😳

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Tuilagi gone for the season but fit for the RWC. What’s SL going to do? Once they’re all fit, any bets he’ll reunite his dream midfield of OF, BB and MT in the world cup?

The Scottish Rugby Blog had a good piece on 12 ways to fix the Pro12. I don’t really watch it but I’m sure others will be more knowledgeable.

anagallis_arvensis

Ways to fix the pro12 from a Wales perspective.
    1. Scrap it.
    2. Play the English.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ooh I enjoyed that 🙂

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Ways to fix the pro12 from a Wales perspective.
    1. Scrap it.
    2. Play the English.

An Aviva Premiership with the Welsh teams included would be great but I can’t ever see it happening.

Burgess just scored a trademark try for Bath – crashing over from 10yds out. Only against London Welsh though but he is looking more at home in Union these days.

toys19
    Free Member

An Aviva Premiership with the Welsh teams included would be great but I can’t ever see it happening.

I like the idea of this too, but hasn’t this been done to death. IE imagine the scenario where there was no welsh team in the finals. If it happened three years in a row wouldn’t it be broken again from a welsh perspective? Also why not include the irish and the scots? So we would have 21 teams in the prem?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sale 23 – 6 Gloucester, even down to 14 men Glos couldn’t score a point in the 2nd half. Always nice to wipe the smirk of 12T’s face.

anagallis_arvensis

IE imagine the scenario where there was no welsh team in the finals. If it happened three years in a row wouldn’t it be broken again from a welsh perspective?

No it would take the welsh sometime to catch up. It would just mean we had games fans want to watch. Currently the scottish get far too much out of leeching off the welsh regions and the Irish and the Irish would be left with no one to play too. A British league is the obvious choice but the vastly different funding model of the pro12 teams and the english clubs mean it could never happen.

duckman

If we are leeching off you,is that why your provinces are all shit? Or is that because they are in the pro 12? Trust me, the English clubs will give it to you harder than toys could ever hope to on your planned tryst.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Williams cited for his “collision” with Patchell.

Linky

tiggs121
    Free Member

What about a Premiership with the current top 6 teams from The Aviva
    joined by the top 6 from the Pro 12

2nd division comprising of the bottom 6 from each current league.

Northampton
    Glasgow
    Saracens
    Ulster
    Bath
    Leicester
    Exeter
    Leinster
    Wasps
    Munster
    Ospreys
    Connaught

Edinburgh Scarlets and Sale just missing out at the moment.

Any takers?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Premier rugby & the RFU are putting forward the idea of an extended and ringfenced Premiership with Wuss, Bristol or Carnegie.
    Bringing 4 Welsh clubs into that would make it too big a season, can’t see the English clubs wanting that.

I don’t agree with a ringfenced league anyway, relegation/promotion is vital – could any Welsh region stand a relegation? Its a huge loss in revenue. Certainly Sale would be in the poo if they dropped.

wrecker
    Free Member

Rest assured, Bristol are very much included in the plans. Leeds, I’m not so sure.

What about a Premiership with the current top 6 teams from The Aviva
    joined by the top 6 from the Pro 12

Terrible idea.
    There is no simple answer, and I can’t see the english wanting any union-owned teams in “their” league. The expanded prem is about all that can be handled, and I reckon closes the door to any non-english additions to the AP.

anagallis_arvensis

Duckman the Scottish game could not sustain a pro league of its own with just two teams, without the welsh and irish input into the pro12 the pro game would die in scotland. I dont want to see that and an anglo-welsh league aint going to happen. It is quite galling though having to watch our teams get pumped by better funded Scottish teams in front of six fans two dogs and couple of groundsmen at Murrayfield.

anagallis_arvensis

Bristol are the 5th welsh region anyway!!
    Hows the orange one going?

wrecker
    Free Member

Hows the orange one going?

He’s **** brilliant. We have some very good players at the minute, Jack Lam would get into any team on the planet (well he was the hurricanes starting 7!). Gareth Maule is excellent, homegrown Mitch Eadie is great. Auguy Slowik and Ellis Genge (both academy products) are ones to watch.
    Jones hasn’t done a huge amount, and Peel hasn’t been great at all.

anagallis_arvensis

Hope he gets some regular game time invthe prem next season. I love watching him play. Oozes class even though ge doesnt seem to like tacklinv much anymore.

wrecker
    Free Member

He always seems to have so long on the ball and knows just when to release a pass. Maule can’t stop scoring now!
    He has a real gift, It’s a crying shame he didn’t use it for so long.
    Don’t forget this lad; Ellis Genge.

Prop, 6ft1, 105kg and playing for England under 20s. The coach (who also coached Mako V and Sheridan) says he’s the best prospect he’s ever seen.

IdleJon

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Gareth Davies red card yesterday. Anyone see it. Havent found it on ewetube yet.

It was a ‘gentle’ headbutt. Officially a red but he should have put some effort into it to make it a worthwhile card. 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Caption competition time!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

How come, if the Scottish clubs are so poorly supported they are so much better funded than the Welsh regions? Serious question.

wrecker
    Free Member

Union owned.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Aren’t the Welsh regions Union owned though?
    Point is, where is the money coming from? If the Scottish clubs are unattended then there’s no revenue stream. International Rugby surely can’t be paying for both teams?

anagallis_arvensis

The scottish union have less debt and only have to pay for two teams.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

So the desire for a ‘British League’ is purely a wish to access the financial pot of the Premiership? Only about 4 of the twelve Prem clubs break even/make a profit so how would adding 4 (or more) clubs/regions with even worse attendances help that?

Sale had 6789 at the Gloucester game yesterday, we need 8’000 to break even.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,201 through 3,240 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.