Viewing 40 posts - 2,201 through 2,240 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • dantsw13

^You should tell Gatland that ^

toys19
    Free Member

Chaninging the subject slightly, apparently the Premirshicp is going to scrap relegation. Que? I don’t get it, does that mean the 12 sides who are in stay in for ever?

wrecker
    Free Member

I don’t get it, does that mean the 12 sides who are in stay in for ever?

It’s just initial negotiations, but it’s proposed that its a 14 team league with bris and wuss going up.

tinybits
    Free Member

Yep, no relegation so no worries about planning for the future (investment etc) and could possibly mean teams start to play to win As opposed to trying not to loose (Leicester for example) maybe then the exciting attacking teams are going to do a bit better, as per the super 14. I hope it doesn’t go down the pro 12 route though where teams only seem to care about winning to keep a European place alive and fans don’t seem to care at all!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

No to ending relegation. Its a league therefore teams can come into it/fall out of it depending on their performances. Whilst LW have been awful, Exeter are now top 4 contenders . I would hate to see it become the Pro12.

loum
    Free Member

no relegation so no worries about planning for the future (investment etc) and could possibly mean teams start to play to win As opposed to trying not to loose (Leicester for example)

Yeah, they always seem to be too concerned with not getting relegated 😉

I hope it doesn’t go down the pro 12 route though where teams only seem to care about winning to keep a European place alive and fans don’t seem to care at all!

You English by any chance?

wrecker
    Free Member

Relegation and promotion is important for the english game, specifically a professional 2nd tier.
    I’m against complete ringfencing, however would be prepared to see an overhaul of the current system (top plays bottom/every other year/whatever). The stupid play offs need to go.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d happily see two up two down, with the winner of the championship gaining automatic promotion and 2-5 having a play-off. I think that comes from seeing Bristol choke the play-offs all the time. 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

The trouble is darcy; with an expanded prem there aren’t two more teams in the champ who could compete in the AP. Nobody wants to see another pathetic effort a la LW.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh right, yeah…don’t see any reason for an expanded premiership myself…but I don’t pay a lot of attention to it to be fair. I suppose it might lead to more broken players for the internationals though. 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Only really Bristol and Wuss who have experience of the Prem, although the newly branded Yorkshire Carnegie (Leeds) may remember something.
    Its been touted that ‘basil’ will be leaving Sale to join Carnegie as DoR next season so perhaps they intend to mount a premiership challenge.

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s not just the experience, it’s the facilities, infrastructure, fan base, academy and the finances to mount a decent challenge. Clubs will need to bring something to the prem, which is something that seems to have escaped LW.

duckman

I don’t follow the blooding young English talent pish either,end to LV and relegation and the salary cap removal will surely see a situation similar to the French league,where local players are playing second fiddle to highly paid furry-ners.I think LW are a special case,they abandoned the model that made then fairly competitive last time with disastrous results. And as somebody who played for the side currently sitting third in the Championship,what is the point of them or any other ambitious/semi pro team bothering any more?

wrecker
    Free Member

I don’t follow the blooding young English talent pish either

Absolutely. It would mean less opportunities for english players as the champ would go semi pro/amateur, meaning less talent reaches the prem and less opportunities for players to go out on loan. Essentially it would keep the 2nd tier in the second tier, no sugar daddy is going to want to have his ego stroked in the championship.

anagallis_arvensis

Two division british league with a properly organised season with international breaks.

loum
    Free Member

With a quota system to keep the Welsh involved in European competition? 😉

duckman

No need for that loum,Shite floats.

anagallis_arvensis

Would be happy to see no quota. Wont happen though back to watching ospreys play leinster a game no one gives a **** about. Or maybe away at glasgow with a a crowd of six men two dogs and a haggis.

anagallis_arvensis

So Duckman was it your dog that attacked Castro?

If so hope you made sure its vaccinations were up to date first!!

duckman

Why would Welsh supporters come to Glasgow when it is a long trip and they can just see their team pumped at home and save on horseshoes and turnpike road fees!

Nowt to do with my mutt A-A, however if he was ever left alone with Ashton…

anagallis_arvensis

Thats it fella you come out fighting 😉

Who is this Horne fella. Shame the McShingler poach didnt work out.

anagallis_arvensis

Scots on a huge whingefest already, get over it ffs. YOU ATE NOT WELSH!!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Two division british league with a properly organised season with international breaks.

WITH promotion and relegation.

anagallis_arvensis

Promotion between the two or from below? The later would be almost impossible to set up but with a strictly enforced wage cap it could be good I suppose.

wrecker
    Free Member

At least between the two, probably the one below too.

anagallis_arvensis

Good game this

bigblackshed

Clancy is making the scrum a farce. I thought the point was bring the front rows closer to eliminate the “hit”.

FFS.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

One of my mates is on the bench for Scotland today. Hope he gets on.

anagallis_arvensis

I hate the Clancy Clown.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Why can’t McLean reproduce this form for Sale?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Here we go. Let’s see how the lad plays.

anagallis_arvensis

Hamish has to be better than Beattie who has been rubbish.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

He’s certainly not been afraid of getting in about the play.

anagallis_arvensis

Classic hometown ref decision.

wrecker
    Free Member

Awful reffing.

anagallis_arvensis

Too late clown.

wrecker
    Free Member

HOLY SHIT!

Markie
    Free Member

Fantastic!

Kryton57

Go Italy!

anagallis_arvensis

I take it all back, he grew a pair in the end.
    why is colin charvis the scotland water boy.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,201 through 2,240 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.