Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Student Protest photos
  • DezB
    Free Member

Must admit, I’ve missed most of the news about the protests in London, but these photos are astounding.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/12/london_tuition_fee_protest.html

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And there’s always one numpty who holds his shield the wrong way up, eh? 🙂

woody2000

3rd from the right did NOT go to Uni 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Didn’t notice that 😆

oldgit
    Free Member

ecilop?

wwaswas

ah, I assumed that that one was left handed and the shields only ‘worked’ when reversed for holding in the right hand.

kimbers

i know very v for vendetta

LHS
    Free Member

Lock em up.

maccruiskeen

I think this is pretty much the best photo of the year, looks like a painting, its ace. I bet its going to be in every single one of the ‘year in pictures’ the sunday supps print at new year

oldgit
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Apparently Camilla was poked by a stick.

I expect she’s bin poked by worse…

DezB
    Free Member

“Git yer ‘ead down Charlie, I’ve got this!”

maccruiskeen

oldgit – Member
    ecilop?

no

???lod
    ??q??W – u???s?n?????

alfabus
    Free Member

That top one was taken by Oli Scarff for getty… my missus works with his missus.

<Eric Cartman Mode>Who wants to touch me? I said who wants to **** touch me!?</ec>

Dave

s
    Free Member

No. 23 from DezB link is amazing

Pook

elf, she was poked with a stick, not ‘by’ a stick. Sticks aren’t renowned for poking people.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah but the joke don’t work then. Oh it’s rubbish really I haven’t thought it through propply. 🙁

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

made me laff anyhoo.

roper
    Free Member

I’ve been poked by a stick insect.
    Does that count?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think this is pretty much the best photo of the year, looks like a painting, its ace. I bet its going to be in every single one of the ‘year in pictures’ the sunday supps print at new year

The photographer who got that will have creamed themselves the second they saw that – they will have known it will be paying for their Christmas and then some (assuming they were a freelancer of course).

Pook

What did it poke you with? Was it on Facebook?

DenDennis
    Free Member

I take it this one was using her best Gandalf voice 😆

roper
    Free Member

What did it poke you with? Was it on Facebook?

Neither, it used an appendage.

Pook

That’s just indecent.

Anyway, is it just me, or in these photos does it appear that for every student there are five photographers?

JEngledow
    Free Member

Anyway, is it just me, or in these photos does it appear that for every student there are five photographers?

It could just be that Photography is part of the Media Studies course!?

yunki
    Free Member

I think I’ll get number 23 blown up on canvas to go above the mantlepiece..

jon1973
    Free Member

3rd from the right did NOT go to Uni

No, he just didn’t turn up for the rehersal.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i thought it was illegal to take photos of the police?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Phil, this is way before the recent anti-terror legislation (Sec. 76?). And that law is bloody silly and hardly anyone understands it anyway.

Basically, you are allowed to photograph police, generally*, but you mustn’t use the images for terrorist purposes. 😀

*Places like airports and that you probbly can’t, and if they’re on undercover duty and that. It’s a bewildering and confuddling bit of legislation tbh.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

catfood
    Free Member

The photographer who got that will have creamed themselves the second they saw that – they will have known it will be paying for their Christmas and then some (assuming they were a freelancer of course).

No Matt is an AP staffer, so no extra money for pressies.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

When being charged by mounted police, is it not be possible to hoist oneself up onto a horse, throw off the rider and thus take command of the steed? I’ve seen it done on cowboy n indian films.

chewkw
    Free Member

Boring as none adopt the ancient Roman tactics? Otherwise, I would gladly sit down to watch with a cup of tea and a bowl of pipe.

For example:

Well, if the police use water cannon or light armour tank then the tactics need to be updated.

Kevevs
    Free Member

oops! is that the same numpty on the left there, turned up to the wrong re-enactment on his re-enactmenting day off?

chewkw
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

oops! is that the same numpty on the left there, turned up to the wrong re-enactment on his re-enactmenting day off?

Probably the last one left from his regiment … 😆

sam42
    Free Member

I did notice some of the protesters were using temporary fencing in a similar way to those roman fellas above…..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hello Kev! (Waves) 🙂

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Wow, the conservatives are doing A. Good. Job.

thegreatape
    Free Member

chewkw – still do those, although minus the spears

Pic 17 – a wry smile at the baton with the medic badge on it

Kevevs
    Free Member

Hi Elf. That is quite a photo isn’t it Spokescycles. The most interesting thing about that image to me is all the handy little gizmos held up to record it all. That’s quite empowering isn’t it? If someone gets unjustly battered by a copper or something, there’s audio/video evidence from all his mates all over facebook!

😆 at the Dumbledore placard!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Student Protest photos’ is closed to new replies.