• This topic has 85 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by TN.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • strange phobias anybody got one ?
  • Xylene
    Free Member

My mate Jordan, rest in peace you mad bartard, used to me physically sick at the sight of condiments.

He was being particularly obnoxious one afternoon, pissed up hanging out my car window hollering at people. I stopped to get him some food to shut him up. Came back with a bacon buttie for the two of us.

My butty had ketchup in it. Said "Oi Jordan, I think this is yours" and opened my butty up in his face. He just started hoying up out the car window, calling me c… for abusing his phobia.

Got him to behave though.

I have vague memories of drawing an outline of ketchup and brown sauce around him when he passed out one night, like a chalk outline.

Xylene
    Free Member

Mrs Grips has a phobia of islands. But not any islands – if they are on the continental shelf, she's fine, but oceanic islands are out because she might fall off. We'll never be able to go to Hawaii for instance. She feels that on the continental shelf she'll be able to touch the bottom – or at least swim to shore.

I understand that though.

During a snorkling trip on the Perenthian Islands I jumped off a lighthouse that we had been taken to. As I went down I suddenly realised that the rock the lighthouse was on, went down into this deep blue/black abyss. I started to panic and swam up quickly. Really didn't like it at all.

I'm not overly keen on horses, but unfortunately I have to teach Horse Care.

Good tip if you see a horse. If you can grab it's upper lip and give it a twist. It makes them go to sleep. It's called twitching.

U31
    Free Member

Rock Gardens. Scare the bejaysus outta me…

Xylene
    Free Member

Rock Gardens. Scare the bejaysus outta me…

Ooh. On the biking front.

A set of jumps in Chopwell woods that somebody has made. The angle of them means big air, plus they go across ditches. Never done them yet.

Might get some photos of them.

cinnamon_girl

Dense woodland where I can't easily see my way out. But I'm still working on it. 🙁

Militant_biker

Being in rowing boats.

I can do canoes and kayaks but rowing boats scare the bejesus out of me.

spacemonkey

One of my mates can't go near anything tomato-based, e.g tomato sauce, baked beans, etc – otherwise he turns violent. I've seen him physically threaten someone who 'confronted' him with a hidden tomato!

When he orders a pizza it comes on a base devoid of any sauce. And if he orders some food and it accidentally arrives with something tomato-based then he'll either send it back or avoid eating anything that's even touched it.

spacemonkey

Is that a claustrophobic thing CH?

I only ask because I hate claustrophobic things like tubes and trains (during peak times that is).

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

Good tip if you see a horse. If you can grab it's upper lip and give it a twist. It makes them go to sleep. It's called twitching

Not to be recommended to be done by the clueless as some horses react VERY violently to being twitched and will quite happily kick your head in.
    27 years of working and owning horses has taught me this and I carry the scars, so don#t do it if you value your head 😀
    Caz xxx

Xylene
    Free Member

Good tip if you see a horse. If you can grab it's upper lip and give it a twist. It makes them go to sleep. It's called twitching

Not to be recommended to be done by the clueless as some horses react VERY violently to being twitched and will quite happily kick your head in.
    27 years of working and owning horses has taught me this and I carry the scars, so don#t do it if you value your head
    Caz xxx

The horsey expert at work looked quite annoyed when I told her I had been twitching local horses, that might be why.

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

yeah lol….she probs doesn't want to pick your brains out of the horses hooves…that is messy lol
    Caz xx

RealMan
    Free Member

Cobwebs. Dunno what it is about them. Don't really care if they're out of the way, but if they're on me it drives me nuts.

brakes
    Free Member

I've got a phobia of "out of scale things".

like things that are big, that should be small. Or things that are small that should be big.

29ers?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Brant, what about this pasty?

falkirk-mark

Buttons, I try to buy stuff without buttons on and hate pearly kings/queens

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I went out with a lass who was terrified of hot air balloons

she was mental in other ways as well but have very large nipples (the pad bit)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

beer

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

do u mean things like this Brant?

Conor
    Free Member

I really don't know how some of you guys make it through the day.

cinnamon_girl

For some, it is most definitely not a laughing matter.

My best friend is unable to travel more than 20 miles from her house and this has been going on for donkey's years. It's called 'panic attack' and is totally debilitating for her and her family. 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

My best friend is unable to travel more than 20 miles from her house and this has been going on for donkey's years

Is she a scouser? I've met hundreds of them who have never been more than twenty miles from their houses.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have a friend who fears standing on metal. This includes fire escape staircases and such like.

bommer
    Free Member

not a phobia, but something i'm not entirely sure why it happens is any clumped up long hair (plugholes, stuck to socks in the washer/dryer) sets off my gag reflex. I've been sick pulling big clumps of hair off me socks in the morning, and my mouth is watering a bit just writing this…

MrsToast
    Free Member

Daddy log legs and dead insects/arachnids. Daddy long legs are the worst, there was a particularly bad infestation a couple of years ago when I couldn't go near any grassland from about July – October.

As I've gotten older I've managed to learn to tolerate woodlouse, in that I don't scream anymore. Gardening is still difficult though. -_-

I also have a really, really strong dislike of painted toenails – I just find them repulsive.

rubberneck
    Free Member

LONDON.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I'm shit scared of my toaster "popping" the toast before I get there. It's the "popping" sound of it being done. Freaks me out. If I don't get to the toast before it pops. I literally have to run the few more steps to the bog and have a massive violent shit.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Moths. If they're nearby it's a mild panic, but if one flys into my face you'll have to pick me off the celling. I'm shuddering just thinking about it. Strangely, I'm fine with butterflys.

Beards, Socks with sandals and Hawaiian shirts on people in Crawley. All frighten me into agoraphobia.

molgrips
    Free Member

Moths. If they're nearby it's a mild panic, but if one flys into my face you'll have to pick me off the celling. I'm shuddering just thinking about it. Strangely, I'm fine with butterflys

MTFU, seriously! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

My phobia btw is vegetables. Or rather it was, managed to get over it mostly though.

But mayonnaise – ARGH!

b1galus
    Free Member

mothercare shops used to bring me out in sweats ,no idea why

tree-magnet
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    MTFU, seriously! 🙂

Aye. I'm 31, ex-Army, work in Iraq and it's the only thing that gives me the jeebies.

Xylene
    Free Member

Aye. I'm 31, ex-Army, work in Iraq and it's the only thing that gives me the jeebies.

Again I understand that one.

Horrible things – all dusty and brown looking. Make me feel a bit sick when I see them up close.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

I can't untie knots in string, makes me shudder just thinking about it.

pypdjl
    Free Member

There were some MASSIVE balls of wool in the shop down the road the other day that made me go all wierd.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

BontyBuns
    Free Member

I can't untie knots in string, makes me shudder just thinking about it.

I absolutly love untieing a knot or untangling a bag full of wires into their individual loops. Nothing more satisfying for me. Just send your knots this way!! Ha.

Xylene
    Free Member

Brant – How did you feel about Jeremy Beadle's hands?

skidartist
    Free Member

dolls with those funny clicky eyes, especially when one eye sticks and you get a sinister wink

lofts, no matter how far I am away from the hatch I'm sure that if I take a step backwards I'll fall down it

I reluctantly helped a guy clear out his loft and under a pile of boxes unearthed a toddler sized clicky-eyed doll which had its head crushed by the weight ontop of it. Horrible horrible dust coloured distorted child head with clicky eyes both winking independently of each other. Would happily have thrown myself down the hatch if it wasn't for the fact I had to get past the doll to do it.

EDIT. I'm also scared of people who aren't scared of horses.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Foam sponges, hate the feeling of them on my hands! Belly buttons as well hate mine being touched and don't particularly enjoy touching another persons naval.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘strange phobias anybody got one ?’ is closed to new replies.